PDA

View Full Version : A few things I heard today

patmoran2006
03-30-2010, 04:44 PM
Here are a few rumblings I picked up on today (no story yet).. Nothing really major or grounbreaking but worth sharing.

* That on a lot of draft boards, Trent Williams has passed Bryan Bulaga. There's growing sentiment that Williams may not even be on the board at #9.

* Dez Bryant's workout today left most people feeling the same about him they did coming in. If scouts liked him before today, nothing changed and vice versa.

* Kyle Williams when he's in the game won't be lining up over center as often sa most 3-4 NT's do.

* Christian Gaddis is engaged (to a chick who shares my awesome last name)

* Chan Gailey is much more frank at press conferences and doesn't avoid questions like Jauron did. He's still vanilla, but a much better interview.

* Colt McCoy is working out tomorrow for his Pro Day.

* Brandon Spikes has worked out for the Bills, and Zeke Moreno worked out for them in Arizona last week. I'm not convinced at all that Kawika Mitchell is on the opening day roster come September.

* As you've read today somewhere I'm sure, Eric Wood looked "decent". He didnt have a big noticeable limp like someone else said he did.. Well, maybe he did at the movies but he didn't today.

* You may Seth McKinney get resigned as depth.

* Neither the team nor Terrell Owens have spoken to each other since FA began. He's not coming back, several players acknowledge as much.

* A couple of months ago we did a story about a military vet who said that Marshawn Lynch basically punked him off and took $20 from him at the Galleria Mall (dont know if you remember or not). Anyway, in the story there were three unidentified Bills that were with Lynch that day. Turns out those players were Dominic Rhodes, Ashlee Palmer and Alvin Bowen. They weren't guilty of anything, but according to the accuser, they laughed and got a good kick while Lynch was being a punk..

patmoran2006
03-30-2010, 04:46 PM
Regarding Eric Wood also---- John Wawrow from the AP has published a story saying that Wood expects to be ready for training camp.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-bills-woodsrecovery&prov=ap&type=lgns

patmoran2006
03-30-2010, 04:59 PM
One last thing.. George Wilson is about to be a music video star.

He's co-starring in Mary J Blige's video "We got Hood Love"

Funny thing-- I already knew about it and was hoping to have an exclusive on it, but Wilson told anybody who would listen (and wouldn't) all about it.

I love that dude.

YardRat
03-30-2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the info pat.

ZAZusmc03
03-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Good stuff pat, we appreciate it.

Ps. Wilson is the man lol

SquishDaFish
03-30-2010, 05:32 PM
Thanx Pat you da man

trapezeus
03-30-2010, 05:34 PM
george wilson isn't going to see himself in the video in the weight room. we know that now!

TedMock
03-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks Pat. I completely agree on the Trent Williams thing. A lot of scouts feel he's far more athletic than the public believes. One actually said he's the best on-the-field athlete of all the OT's. Bulaga is good, but has very limited athleticism. This can make him a very average tackle at the next level. Of course, Jake Long also has limited athleticism and he's figured out how to be an excellent tackle despite that.

TigerJ
03-30-2010, 05:55 PM
WGR radio is reporting that Wood claims he's got about an 80% chance of being ready by training camp.

Goobylal
03-30-2010, 06:09 PM
Here are a few rumblings I picked up on today (no story yet).. Nothing really major or grounbreaking but worth sharing.

* That on a lot of draft boards, Trent Williams has passed Bryan Bulaga. There's growing sentiment that Williams may not even be on the board at #9.
Crap. I wanted the Bills to draft him.

* Neither the team nor Terrell Owens have spoken to each other since FA began. He's not coming back, several players acknowledge as much.
Crap. I wanted the Bills to re-sign him.

* A couple of months ago we did a story about a military vet who said that Marshawn Lynch basically punked him off and took $20 from him at the Galleria Mall (dont know if you remember or not). Anyway, in the story there were three unidentified Bills that were with Lynch that day. Turns out those players were Dominic Rhodes, Ashlee Palmer and Alvin Bowen. They weren't guilty of anything, but according to the accuser, they laughed and got a good kick while Lynch was being a punk..
Crap. This story is still crap.

better days
03-30-2010, 08:31 PM

Funny thing-- I already knew about it and was hoping to have an exclusive on it, but Wilson told anybody who would listen (and wouldn't) all about it.

I love that dude.

I love Mary J

PECKERWOOD
03-30-2010, 08:40 PM

I love that dude.

Mary J. Blige is one hot piece of ass too, lucky guy.

BillsWin
03-30-2010, 08:51 PM
Williams is lazy and his attitude will come out after the first check clears.

I hope he gets drafted early, and Bulaga falls.

TedMock
03-30-2010, 08:52 PM
Pat, I also heard that Bryant may have hurt himself today. His speed was in the 4.5's and, although he looked very good physically (muscular, ripped, etc), he was actually overweight at 224lbs and he couldn't finish the shuttles because he was winded. Out of shape and he's had nothing else to do, but get ready for this. Scary.

BILLSROCK1212
03-30-2010, 09:05 PM
Pat, I also heard that Bryant may have hurt himself today. His speed was in the 4.5's and, although he looked very good physically (muscular, ripped, etc), he was actually overweight at 224lbs and he couldn't finish the shuttles because he was winded. Out of shape and he's had nothing else to do, but get ready for this. Scary.
He actually forgot his cleats and had to use cleats that had not been broken in, which caused a so-so pro day performance.

wmoz11
03-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Yeah, supposedly he was slipping all over the place, as well. It does seem pretty dumb to forget your cleats to your pro-day, though.

Luisito23
03-30-2010, 09:20 PM
It does seem pretty dumb to forget your cleats to your pro-day, though.

Not for him it doesn't.

T-Long
03-30-2010, 09:58 PM
yeah, who would ever forget something on such an important day?

(See Thurman Thomas.)

The Spaz
03-30-2010, 10:03 PM
yeah, who would ever forget something on such an important day?

(See Thurman Thomas.)

He didn't forget it someone hid it.

SirMcGee
03-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Tatum Bell stole it.

DesertFox24
03-31-2010, 12:53 AM
Thanks Pat.

If you could, could you get some weight information out of the front 7 defenders?

I am interested to see if Stroud is 300 (like he said), Williams is 304 from what I heard, McCargo, Johnson, Harvey etc...

TedMock
03-31-2010, 06:34 AM
Bryant did forget his cleats which may explain some of the slipping, but he was still wearing cleats (not his own) and his route running was not crisp at all. Also, his 40's got progressively slower both with & without the wind at his back. He went from a 4.55 to 4.69 on his last one and that was with the wind. He was obviously winded (no pun intended) at that point. I like him as a player, but this is absolutely a red flag that's going to cause scouts & personnel people to re-evaluate their grades. A lot of DVD players went on playing Dez Bryant videos last night.