• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

Looking Ahead To Next Year's QB Crop

Who do you guys have your eyes on? I understand that Locker's name is being pushed by the McShay/ESPN hype machine, but outside of the obvious, who else are you guys looking to make a splash? Everybody knows I like Mallett, which is obviously in the early discussion to be the 1st pick overall in 2011, but another QB I like is Greg McElroy. I thought this guy started to come along well towards the end of last year and with another year of solid production, he could see his stock boom.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Looking Ahead To Next Year's QB Crop

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
    Who do you guys have your eyes on? I understand that Locker's name is being pushed by the McShay/ESPN hype machine, but outside of the obvious, who else are you guys looking to make a splash? Everybody knows I like Mallett, which is obviously in the early discussion to be the 1st pick overall in 2011, but another QB I like is Greg McElroy. I thought this guy started to come along well towards the end of last year and with another year of solid production, he could see his stock boom.
    Why do we have to look ahead to next years crop?

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by X-Era
      Why do we have to look ahead to next years crop?
      I think there is a possibility that we skip QB this year, just a feeling that I have. Plus, over the last 2 years or so, I've slowly started to become more of a College football fan more so than an NFL fan.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
        I think there is a possibility that we skip QB this year, just a feeling that I have. Plus, over the last 2 years or so, I've slowly started to become more of a College football fan more so than an NFL fan.
        Significant possibility, I agree.

However, there's a few guys I like in this draft too.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Ill put it to you this way about next years class...I like 5 guys in small schools (FCS, DII, and DIII) more than I do any QB in this class.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Ill put it to you this way about next years class...I like 5 guys in small schools (FCS, DII, and DIII) more than I do any QB in this class.

Lets not get carries away. Bradford and Clausen are NFL starters and there are a couple of more who could also get there.

Who exactly are these small school qbs that you like better then Locker and Mallett and this years qb's. I can't wait to see these D-3 guys.

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by k-oneputt
              Lets not get carries away. Bradford and Clausen are NFL starters and there are a couple of more who could also get there.

Who exactly are these small school qbs that you like better then Locker and Mallett and this years qb's. I can't wait to see these D-3 guys.
              He didn't say he liked them better than Locker and Mallett. He said he liked 5 small-school guys better than THIS year's QB class. Locker and Mallett aren't in this year's draft last I checked.

I would like to hear who they are also, as the only small-school QB I know is Pat Devlin.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• k-oneputt
                • Jun 2009

Locker and Mallett are NFL starts also. So will be Luck and Barkley when they come out.

Lets see some names. D-3 qb's are in D-3 for a reason.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

You need to learn the difference between liking a guy and thinking he will be better than somebody. I never said they will be better, I said I like them more.

The 5 guys;
                  Cameron Wiggins
                  Zac Eskridge
                  Blake Bolles
                  Pat Devlin
                  James Roper

Also I never said they were DIII guys, I was describing what I meant by small school players.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• k-oneputt
                    • Jun 2009

Who cares if you like them pesronally, can they play and are they better qb's. This isn't Pop Warner. It's all about who the best players are.

So you like these five guys better, but you don't think they will be better. What does that mean ? Like them as what ? Outside of Devlin do any of the others have a chance to start of even play in the NFL ?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Who cares if you like them pesronally, can they play and are they better qb's. This isn't Pop Warner. It's all about who the best players are.

So you like these five guys better, but you don't think they will be better. What does that mean ? Like them as what ? Outside of Devlin do any of the others have a chance to start of even play in the NFL ?
                      Again your not understanding what I am saying. Im saying from a talent point of view I like them as prospects. Im not trying to rank anybody right now, but when I do Ill let you know. Thank you though I had forgotten that this wasn't Pop Warner football, I wrote that down in my notes at the heading of my 2011 Prospect File. "Not Pop Warner Football"

Did I say that? No, stop trying to assume what Im saying and just read what I write. I like them as NFL QB Prospects, and yes all 5 with the addition of Cam Sexton and Justin Roper have legit NFL shots. Just because a guy plays in a lower division does not mean he automatically sucks.

The 2011 QB Class is deep, but not just at the FBS level.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• k-oneputt
                        • Jun 2009

Didn't say they "automatically suck".

You said you like five guys from small schools in next years class more then you do the qb's in this years class. If you them from a talent point of view, are you saying you like them more than Clausen and Bradford ? Legit question.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Didn't say they "automatically suck".

You said you like five guys from small schools in next years class more then you do the qb's in this years class. If you them from a talent point of view, are you saying you like them more than Clausen and Bradford ? Legit question.
                          Do I like them more? Yes, but that doesnt mean Id rank them ahead of either one.

You like McCluster alot and are not high on Bryant, but would you rank Dexter ahead of Dez? Of course not.

I dont understand the need for the question, you know the difference between like and rank to begin with so what was needed to clear up?
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                            • Jan 2010

DB, What do you think about FSU's Christian Ponder?

The sports talk radio in Jacksonville is really high on him. The guys I listen to are big time gators fans, But feel that Ponder has what it takes to be a really good NFL Qb. I haven't watched enough of his games to know much about him.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ZAZusmc03
                              DB, What do you think about FSU's Christian Ponder?

The sports talk radio in Jacksonville is really high on him. The guys I listen to are big time gators fans, But feel that Ponder has what it takes to be a really good NFL Qb. I haven't watched enough of his games to know much about him.
                              Solid arm, good mobility, a leader, and good decision maker.

I want to see him develop his reads a little more, bulk up, and work on his mechanics. He keeps the ball low dropping back and he has a slight windup to his throwing motion.

Overall though right now Id say he's on the outside looking in of the top tier guys, but not far off.
                              COMING SOON...

Comment

Working...
                              X