• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Cortez at Fordham pro day

Stay up to date with all the Baltimore Ravens football news, free agency, NFL draft, and more at 247Sports.com

...a handful of NFL teams reportedly left the Fordham Pro Day with a third-round grade on Skelton, after he showed improved accuracy while showing off his arm's significant power during an impressive workout. According to Brandt, Eagles offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg, Bengals quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese, and Bills quarterbacks coach George Cortez were among those on hand to see Skelton at Fordham.

Skelton's immediate NFL status has been described as long-term project. Some believe his ultimate role will be that of career backup, while others believe he eventually will become starting-caliber.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Cortez at Fordham pro day

This may seem less significant to some people because it was only our QB Coach but that actually makes it more important. The position coach is the guy who will give the HC and GM a thumbs up or down on a guy so Cortez being there is a huge deal, imo.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• nolimit
      Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
      • Aug 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      This may seem less significant to some people because it was only our QB Coach but that actually makes it more important. The position coach is the guy who will give the HC and GM a thumbs up or down on a guy so Cortez being there is a huge deal, imo.
      draftboy, what round do u see skelton going and what r your thoughts on him? Would snead or pike be a better investment? I personally like all 3 qbs.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by nolimit
        draftboy, what round do u see skelton going and what r your thoughts on him? Would snead or pike be a better investment? I personally like all 3 qbs.
        I like him as a project but this is still a kid who is going to need 2 years before he is ready to take starter snaps under center.

Great size, arm strength, and demeanor but never was a dominant player and that concerns me given his overall weak level of competition. He never stood way out except due to his physical abilities.

I wouldnt take him above Round 5 personally.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• nolimit
          Member of the Official Drew Bledsoe Truce!
          • Aug 2003

I like him as a project but this is still a kid who is going to need 2 years before he is ready to take starter snaps under center.

Great size, arm strength, and demeanor but never was a dominant player and that concerns me given his overall weak level of competition. He never stood way out except due to his physical abilities.

what about snead or pike?

Comment

• methos4ever
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
            Most quarterbacks teams are interested in will have the QB coach at their pro days, to ensure that there's one trusted voice wrt his report. So like DB says it's big, but it's not like we've got his agent on speed dial for picks 9 or 41.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

That was my impression also.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                • Nov 2005

"I like him, except for that red flag on how he actually played football."

Yeah...not so much.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

Interesting to that after his pro day, he had a private workout with the Bills.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ron Burgundy
                    "I like him, except for that red flag on how he actually played football."

Yeah...not so much.
                    Not what I said, I liked the way he played the game, I didn't like that he didnt take it over. He played above average, but not great.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by nolimit
                      what about snead or pike?
                      Snead Rounds 3-4

Pike Rounds 6-7

I really am not a big Tony Pike fan, I like what he did earlier in the season but after watching it again, I missed some big issues with his mechanics, and his physical skills are below par. He looked good due more to Kelly's system than his actual abilities, imo.
                      COMING SOON...

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Like I've said before, I'm intrigued by Cortez. Since we have no shot at Bradford, and I'm not much of a Clausen fan, I'd almost like to see how much Cortez can help develop a late-round prospect.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                          Like I've said before, I'm intrigued by Cortez. Since we have no shot at Bradford, and I'm not much of a Clausen fan, I'd almost like to see how much Cortez can help develop a late-round prospect.
                          Agreed. More importantly, I'd like to see what he can do with Brohm and co.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Agreed. More importantly, I'd like to see what he can do with Brohm and co.
                            Agreed with you and PSU whole-heartedly.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                              • Nov 2005

Not what I said, I liked the way he played the game, I didn't like that he didnt take it over. He played above average, but not great.
                              Above average but not great ("did not stand out")at a FCS school, yet he projects to play in the NFL?

I'm not buying this Skelton nonsense until the 5th, 6th round, either.
                              Last edited by Ron Burgundy; 03-31-2010, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X