PDA

View Full Version : Highlights from the breakfast wit Nix and Gailey

homeslice5484
03-31-2010, 08:59 AM
This morning, premium season ticket holders had a breakfast at the Adams Mark Hotel...Buddy Nix and Gailey spoke and answered some questions.

I have to say, regardless what happens this season, it is like night and day compared to Jauron.

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Bills-Roundup-Breakfast-with-the-Bills/044745c1-24aa-46fd-beca-55956df458e0

My favorite guy was Buddy Nix in his short speech.

1. When asked about why we should believe that they really want to win and have a plan to win even though we have heard it before his response was:

"Do not complain to me about labor pains, just show me the baby" HAHAHA

2. He said that he does not care about players feelings...he is not here to care. They have a job to do and that is win, and that is all he cares about.

3. He said if guys are afraid of competition, then they can find a new line of work because they are in the wrong field and on the wrong team.

4. Said that this team will continue to look for more talent, but that they have to hit on the 1st and 2nd round pick this year, and then work really hard to hit on the rest of them. If a guy earns it, he will play regardless where he was drafted or not.

5. Buddy Nix made it a point to say if they do not win, do not blame Ralph because he has given them everything they need. Who knows if that is true.

Chan Gailey:

1. Gailey even called his one answer a "cop out". Said he has been around winning and does not hope to win, intends to win.

2. He said he cannot give us an answer about why we should believe that this will be any difference, that the only way he can prove it is to win. We know this.

3. Then he was asked a question about how he is asked about what record would be acceptable to him. He said he cannot answer that because the record he wants is 16-0 because you plan to win every game, you do not hope to win. If you don't believe you can win you should not even play the game.

He said if I was to say 10-6 was the prediction, let me know what 6 we will lose so we don't dress for the game and no one gets hurt. He said I do not hope to win, I expect to win every game and we will play to win.

4. He was then asked about the quarterbacks and said firmly they will look at ALL options and will continue to do so. That neither quarterback has proven anything.

5. He also talked about injuries, and he said some are unavoidable but the "bad luck" comment is not entirely true. Said it starts with a good conditioning program, which he has instituted here based on experiences prior to here. Winning teams have the fewest injuries he said.

Cant wait to see how camp will be run.

homeslice5484
03-31-2010, 09:21 AM
they still avoided some questions, but said so when they gave a generic answer. They said they will have a fine line between best player available and need when the draft comes but they cant do anything because it has not started and there are 8 teams ahead of us.

I like how they seemed firm in their beliefs and seem to have a vision. The comment about players feelings makes me thing there will be no BS allowed.

k-oneputt
03-31-2010, 09:28 AM
" we will play to win"

That's what I find refreshing. Instead of Jauron playing not to lose.

homeslice5484
03-31-2010, 10:13 AM
I wonder how training camp will be?

homeslice5484
03-31-2010, 10:14 AM
I wonder how camp will be run?

He also talked about injuries, and he said some are unavoidable but the "bad luck" comment is not entirely true. Said it starts with a good conditioning program, which he has instituted here based on experiences prior to here. Winning teams have the fewest injuries he said.

Night Train
03-31-2010, 10:15 AM
I was there also.

The one thing I like about Nix and Gailey is they don't fumble for words. They command a room and know exactly what they wish to say about the Bills and the plan they intend to follow. Nix was obviously nervous at his January PC when he was named GM.. but not today. He was as blunt as a sledgehammer.

Plus we all got a bag of goodies to take home ! (cereal,travel mug,vitamen water, a bottle of Crown..)

I enjoyed the event and Nix makes you feel like he knows exactly what he wants to do with this draft.

YardRat
03-31-2010, 10:16 AM
LEAN MEAN FIGHTING MACHINE!!! ****IN'-A!!!

homeslice5484
03-31-2010, 10:18 AM
where was my Crown? I didn't see that haha

psubills62
03-31-2010, 10:20 AM
3. Then he was asked a question about how he is asked about what record would be acceptable to him.

:confused:

Thanks for the info. While I'm not jumping for joy over hiring Gailey, his attitude alone is a refreshing change from Jauron.

Billz_fan
03-31-2010, 10:22 AM
It's great they want to win and expect to win. Time will tell if Ralph makes them do it with there hands tied behind there backs.

YardRat
03-31-2010, 10:22 AM
where was my Crown? I didn't see that haha

Train probably stole it and is just considering it a 'gift'.

homeslice5484
03-31-2010, 10:23 AM
Buddy Nix made it a point to say if they do not win, do not blame Ralph because he has give them everything they need. Who knows if that is true.

justasportsfan
03-31-2010, 10:25 AM
I hope these guys don't think that the best way to win is to watch tape of a game they just lost to a team they may not play again til' next season or 2,3,4...years down the road.

Night Train
03-31-2010, 10:25 AM
Train probably stole it and is just considering it a 'gift'.
The fact the bathroom sits next to an unattended bar is pure coincidence.

TigerJ
03-31-2010, 10:26 AM
I said a while back, that the staff of the Bills (i.e. Buddy and Chan) seem to have a focus that was lacking previously. That doesn't guarantee success, but the lack thereof just about guarantees the lack of success. These responses seem to confirm the focus observation. Good news!

ZAZusmc03
03-31-2010, 10:35 AM
I am actually pretty excited about these guys. Its refreshing to have some people that know football and aren't walking skeletons. With that being said, I really hope Ralph has enough confidence in this new staff to step away from everything and let them run the show.

homeslice5484
03-31-2010, 01:00 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Bills-Roundup-Breakfast-with-the-Bills/044745c1-24aa-46fd-beca-55956df458e0

Night Train
03-31-2010, 01:12 PM
I find it impossible to NOT like Nix.

homeslice5484
03-31-2010, 01:22 PM
I had my doubts when he was first hired...but since he was hired he has done everything he said he would do so far.....and its hard to not trust him with what he says. He is straight forward.

Jauron would be running to the locker room to give them a big hug after hearing what he said today.

shelby
03-31-2010, 01:24 PM
i like the new and improved attitude. Thanks for the info.

Don't Panic
03-31-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't think you can measure what the change in attitude will do for a lot of our players, especially the QBs. If we can add the right pieces via the draft... well, let's just say it'll be more interesting to watch than it has been for the last five years.

trapezeus
03-31-2010, 03:26 PM
like i said, i can watch a team perform 3-13 with heart and pride. I can watch a team lose a game going for it instead of squandering it.

if the 2010 bills are worse, record wise, but more entertaining and attempting to win and not painfully predictable, i will be all for it.

Buddo
03-31-2010, 06:37 PM
In that brief piece from bb.com, the last comment from Chris Brown was rather pleasant to hear, in that he quoted Gailey as saying (in response to a question I believe), that it was Gaileys personal mission to make the Ralph the nastiest place to play in for other teams, in the NFL. ;)
Now there's a 'football man' talking. ;)

Don't Panic
03-31-2010, 06:40 PM
like i said, i can watch a team perform 3-13 with heart and pride. I can watch a team lose a game going for it instead of squandering it.

if the 2010 bills are worse, record wise, but more entertaining and attempting to win and not painfully predictable, i will be all for it.

Agreed, because that will be building towards progress rather than remaining mired in mediocrity... and being OK with it.

BillsWin
03-31-2010, 08:54 PM
This morning, premium season ticket holders had a breakfast at the Adams Mark Hotel...Buddy Nix and Gailey spoke and answered some questions.

I have to say, regardless what happens this season, it is like night and day compared to Jauron.

My favorite guy was Buddy Nix in his short speech.

1. When asked about why we should believe that they really want to win and have a plan to win even though we have heard it before his response was:

"Do not complain to me about labor pains, just show me the baby" HAHAHA

2. He said that he does not care about players feelings...he is not here to care. They have a job to do and that is win, and that is all he cares about.

3. He said if guys are afraid of competition, then they can find a new line of work because they are in the wrong field and on the wrong team.

4. Said that this team will continue to look for more talent, but that they have to hit on the 1st and 2nd round pick this year, and then work really hard to hit on the rest of them. If a guy earns it, he will play regardless where he was drafted or not.

5. Buddy Nix made it a point to say if they do not win, do not blame Ralph because he has given them everything they need. Who knows if that is true.

Chan Gailey:

1. Gailey even called his one answer a "cop out". Said he has been around winning and does not hope to win, intends to win.

2. He said he cannot give us an answer about why we should believe that this will be any difference, that the only way he can prove it is to win. We know this.

3. Then he was asked a question about how he is asked about what record would be acceptable to him. He said he cannot answer that because the record he wants is 16-0 because you plan to win every game, you do not hope to win. If you don't believe you can win you should not even play the game.

He said if I was to say 10-6 was the prediction, let me know what 6 we will lose so we don't dress for the game and no one gets hurt. He said I do not hope to win, I expect to win every game and we will play to win.

4. He was then asked about the quarterbacks and said firmly they will look at ALL options and will continue to do so. That neither quarterback has proven anything.

5. He also talked about injuries, and he said some are unavoidable but the "bad luck" comment is not entirely true. Said it starts with a good conditioning program, which he has instituted here based on experiences prior to here. Winning teams have the fewest injuries he said.

Cant wait to see how camp will be run.

Oh boy. You really did it now. Getting me excited for the draft and to see how training camp is run? Why would you go and do that!? Haha.

On a more serious note, I can already tell the attitude on the sidelines and in the front office will be different. That excites me. The no BS, bring your lunch pale and get to work attitude is something I have always enjoyed in football and am glad to see coming to Buffalo.

I reserve judgment until I can actually see improvement in drafting and play on the field, but I am not disappointed thus far in what Buddy and Chan have said and done thus far.