PDA

View Full Version : An NFL Scout on Todd McShay

psubills62
03-31-2010, 12:19 PM
One veteran NFL scout opined to Profootballtalk.com that the main reason Ole Miss QB Jevan Snead declared for the 2010 NFL Draft is because ESPN's Todd McShay predicted Snead would be a top-five pick.

"The (Snead) family thought McShay knew and everyone else was wrong," the scout said. "(Snead) has problems with game management, accuracy and leadership...but pretty boy Todd thought he was great because of (the Cotton Bowl) a year ago. McShay is a pretty face who comes across like he knows what he is talking about. He does have good presence, but knows nothing."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

JCBills
03-31-2010, 12:22 PM
LOL

I'm sorry but that's flat out dumb. Smooth one, Snead.

ZAZusmc03
03-31-2010, 12:24 PM
What a genious.

Horrible junior season does not = top 5 pick.

wmoz11
03-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Who the hell is advising Snead? Surely there has to be someone that could talk some sense into him.

McShay has been taking a verbal beating the last few months, and I can't say it's totally undeserved.

EDS
03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Snead and his family must be idiots if they took the ramblings of one TV reporter as an indication of potential draft status.

psubills62
03-31-2010, 12:27 PM
I just don't understand why you would do that - listen to one person and assume everyone else is wrong. Especially when that one person has zero connection to an actual NFL front office, NFL players, NFL coaches, or anything even related to the NFL. McShay works at ESPN, who covers about 12 total teams in the entire sports world. Not exactly what I'd call an expert.

Dicknoze69
03-31-2010, 12:30 PM
I've heard rumblings and saw a report that one of the main reasons Snead declared was because he wasn't assured of being the starting QB next season at Ole Miss.

It was a tweet for Mort who publicly said this:

@mortreport More on Jevan Snead: He wasn't assured he would have the starting QB job at Ole Miss this coming season.

trapezeus
03-31-2010, 12:35 PM
with the rookie payscale being a central point that the NFL and the players agree on, you have to come out now if you think you're in the middle of the pack, because you're income is only going to shrink with whatever they come up with.

yeah, he's an idiot for buying that he was a top 5 pick. but where ever he goes in the draft order, he's getting paid better than if he went in the same slot after the holdout.

that's my guess.

psubills62
03-31-2010, 12:35 PM
I've heard rumblings and saw a report that one of the main reasons Snead declared was because he wasn't assured of being the starting QB next season at Ole Miss.

It was a tweet for Mort who publicly said this:

@mortreport More on Jevan Snead: He wasn't assured he would have the starting QB job at Ole Miss this coming season.

Interesting. Who did Ole Miss have behind him?

Night Train
03-31-2010, 12:47 PM
It's funny this was brought up. Many times over the last couple years on ESPN, they'll have a split screen with McShay & Kiper debating players.

I know it's popular to crap on Kiper ( none of these guys are perfect ) but I found myself agreeing with Kipers opinion fairly often, while thinking McShay is a loon for his reasoning on specific players.

I guess I'm not alone.

psubills62
03-31-2010, 12:54 PM
It's funny this was brought up. Many times over the last couple years on ESPN, they'll have a split screen with McShay & Kiper debating players.

I know it's popular to crap on Kiper ( none of these guys are perfect ) but I found myself agreeing with Kipers opinion fairly often, while thinking McShay is a loon for his reasoning on specific players.

I guess I'm not alone.

Yeah, Kiper's definitely not my favorite guy, but he's much better than McShay.

Night Train
03-31-2010, 12:57 PM
McShay loves Clausen for the Bills

Kiper likes LT Trent Williams

k-oneputt
03-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Neither one could have been any worse then who was doing the Bills drafting the last ten years.
These so called front office experts in the NFL are not that great either.

wmoz11
03-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Mayock is better than both of them, easily.

psubills62
03-31-2010, 01:01 PM
Neither one could have been any worse then who was doing the Bills drafting the last ten years.
These so called front office experts in the NFL are not that great either.

It's interesting you say that, because McShay was the one hyping Maybin last year. In fact, McShay projected Maybin to the Browns at #5.

Oh, and just so you know, it was a "veteran NFL scout" who made those comments. Scouts don't always get to make the decisions on who to draft, particularly in the early rounds (when we've been the most horrible lately).

k-oneputt
03-31-2010, 01:05 PM
No we left our blown early rd. picks to the likes of Donahoe, Levy, and Jauron.
It was just assumed that they knew what they were doing, obviously they didn't.

feldspar
03-31-2010, 01:19 PM
Did Snead score a -3 on his Wonderlic, or what?

djjimkelly
03-31-2010, 01:23 PM
well if he went on only one persons opinion this guy is not smart enough to be an nfl qb

Pinkerton Security
03-31-2010, 01:39 PM
McShay loves Clausen for the Bills

Kiper likes LT Trent Williams

Wait i thought McShay hates Clausen and doesnt even peg him as a first round prospect?? or does he think that and then also thinks the Bills are dumb enough to draft him anyways?

SABURZFAN
03-31-2010, 05:47 PM
screw Kiper and McShay. i go to DraftBoy for my football draft fix.

TedMock
03-31-2010, 06:04 PM
Did McShay really give Snead a top-5 grade? That's insane if true. The guy is a 5th round project. I can't believe his family would really take Todd McShay's advice. No way! Insanity.

Nighthawk
03-31-2010, 06:21 PM
McShay is a bit of an idiot and he doesn't really seem to have a clue what he's talking about....not many of these so called "experts" do.