PDA

View Full Version : Gailey comments on radio interview

patmoran2006
03-31-2010, 04:41 PM
Not gonna bother with a full write-up right now, but Chan Gailey was just on Fan590 in Toronto.

Had a few comments worth nothing:

“[Left tackle] will be a very high priority on draft day.”

"He has a hitch in his throwing motion that won’t let him be a quarterback in this league without changing it.” – Gailey on Tebow

Gailey says other than the secondary "we can afford help almost anywhere, can't afford to not take a great player if he's sitting there"

Gailey said "Levtire and Wood could be the basis of a good OL for years to come"

The rest was the standard, still evaluating and still getting to know the players.

patmoran2006
03-31-2010, 04:42 PM
But based on his last few recent interviews, as I attempt to read between the lines. I've pretty much concluded that

1. We're not trading for Donovan McNabb
2. WE're not drafting Tim Tebow
3. We WILL draft the best LT at #9
4. We WILL take a QB sometime between rounds 3-5.

mrbojanglezs
03-31-2010, 05:00 PM
i think he is gonna draft colt mccoy or skelton. Mccoy had a good pro day, im not a huge fan of mccoy, but i would def take him over tebow...same intangibles as him besides circumcising kids in developing countries

plus he is a better qb

Goobylal
03-31-2010, 05:00 PM
What have you heard about Lynch and his absence?

mrbojanglezs
03-31-2010, 05:01 PM
What have you heard about Lynch and his absence?

gailey said yesterday that he has not spoken with lynch

Oaf
03-31-2010, 05:12 PM
Can't say I'm not disappointed about Tebow. Are we gonna have to start any LT we draft pretty much by default?

NOT THE DUDE...
03-31-2010, 05:13 PM
i have a feeling we will take spiller and then maybe tebow in the 2nd... but i dont think tebow will be there in the 2nd..

gailey is going to run the **** out of the ball this year. if we take spiller , then actually we will probably take a LT in rd 2 and then a NT in rd 3 and then skelton in rd 4...

JCBills
03-31-2010, 05:16 PM
But based on his last few recent interviews, as I attempt to read between the lines. I've pretty much concluded that

I'd agree with all except #3. I think that could be a 2nd round look.

SirMcGee
03-31-2010, 05:23 PM
i have a feeling we will take spiller and then maybe tebow in the 2nd... but i dont think tebow will be there in the 2nd..

gailey is going to run the **** out of the ball this year. if we take spiller , then actually we will probably take a LT in rd 2 and then a NT in rd 3 and then skelton in rd 4...

You obviously want Tebows babies.

Michael82
03-31-2010, 05:37 PM

Sorry pat, but I have a feeling that you are wrong. It's only 3 weeks left until the draft, why the hell would you actually believe anything that Gailey says right now? That would be idiotic for him to tell the truth about all that right now. And it's happened many times where the player that the Bills are targeting didn't even meet with them before the draft. Marcellus Wiley said that on ESPN he was never contacted by the Buffalo Bills before they drafted him.

JCBills
03-31-2010, 05:37 PM

But wait, I thought Tebow was the sure-fire pick at 9, according to you? Or was it Brandon Graham?

Michael82
03-31-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm actually starting to believe that we are truly going to take the best available player on the board at #9, regardless of position and this could even include Spiller, Bryant, McClain, or someone else that falls to them.

Commissioner
03-31-2010, 07:32 PM
Since everyone thinks they keep throwing up smoke screens...

Based on his comments we will not draft a LT... and we will draft Tebow... and then take a good RT.

Michael82
03-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Since everyone thinks they keep throwing up smoke screens...

Based on his comments we will not draft a LT... and we will draft Tebow... and then take a good RT.
:ill:

Commissioner
03-31-2010, 08:17 PM
Despite the negative Tebow comment that this "journalist" quoted...

Gailey also said this about Tebow yesterday in his press conference...

"I think it's obvious to everbody he's a very engaging young man. He's a very intelligent football player... You can see why he was an excellent leader at the University at Florida... He's WELL AHEAD OF A LOT OF PEOPLE HEADED TOWARDS A GOOD CAREER IN THE NFL.... "

Commissioner
03-31-2010, 08:19 PM

By reading in between the lines.. you me making assumptions based on your bias?

Or do you mean, not paying attention to the positive comments Gailey and Nix have recently made about Tebow... or the fact that Jim Kelly had a sit down dinner with him?

SABURZFAN
03-31-2010, 08:42 PM

that's the norm around here. the Lickers perfected it.

Michael82
03-31-2010, 08:47 PM
that's the norm around here. the Lickers perfected it.
Dear SAB....Losman is long gone. Please shut the **** up about him and quit calling people lickers! The horse is bloodier than ever right now.

:deadhorse:

ZAZusmc03
03-31-2010, 08:48 PM
I think we will without a doubt go bpa with our first pick. We won't settle for fourth best OT. We will take spiller or Bryant. I don't think gailey and nix will let both slip by.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-31-2010, 09:30 PM
I think we will without a doubt go bpa with our first pick. We won't settle for fourth best OT. We will take spiller or Bryant. I don't think gailey and nix will let both slip by.

If were not gonna draft a tackle lets actually draft a position, at great value in Dan Williams.

TedMock
03-31-2010, 09:35 PM
If were not gonna draft a tackle lets actually draft a position, at great value in Dan Williams.

I agree that Williams with our second round pick is a solid value. I don't quite see him as a first rounder, but he may sneak into the late first round. I still think this is a good draft for DT's and we can grab a legit starter even later. Hopefully we grab one early and late.

TedMock
03-31-2010, 09:44 PM
i think he is gonna draft colt mccoy or skelton. Mccoy had a good pro day, im not a huge fan of mccoy, but i would def take him over tebow...same intangibles as him besides circumcising kids in developing countries

plus he is a better qb

I'm not so sure about the bolded part. I understand that there was not one drop today and all the articles are talking about the perfect day, but I was also told that his arm looked very weak. From what I heard he was solid up to 7 yards and most passes beyond 7 yards had a bit of flutter to them and hung in the air for a while. That won't cut it in the NFL. What also scares me is a weak guy coming out of Texas - a school with a reputation for having a great weight and strength program. Some schools, like Texas and Nebraska for example, practically max out the weight and strength of their players at the college level. A lot of them don't gain additional bulk at the pro level that some other guys do because of the college program priorities on size and strength. There are always exceptions, but for the most part you see these guys coming from certain schools and this is about how big they're going to get while other schools have more athletic guys with plenty of room to grow. Could be very good thing, but could be bad too.

WeAreArthurMoates
03-31-2010, 09:49 PM
I agree that Williams with our second round pick is a solid value. I don't quite see him as a first rounder, but he may sneak into the late first round. I still think this is a good draft for DT's and we can grab a legit starter even later. Hopefully we grab one early and late.

Dan Williams is a legit top 15 pick and will not make it past Miami at 12.

patmoran2006
03-31-2010, 11:41 PM

Or do you mean, not paying attention to the positive comments Gailey and Nix have recently made about Tebow... or the fact that Jim Kelly had a sit down dinner with him?

I do not have any bias towards Tebow at all.

In fact, I would not be angry at all if we drafted him in the second round.

Having said that, you're right about all the props Gailey has thrown Tebow's way. But, at the end of each time he kept going back to his throwing motion and said there's a difference between not having a hitch in shorts and when people are flying past you.

patmoran2006
03-31-2010, 11:41 PM

Dan Williams may not get past Miami at 12

DesertFox24
04-01-2010, 06:56 AM

I do not agree with you best LT at 9 theory, his we can not afford to draft a good player anywhere but secondary has me feeling we are taking best guy on their board.

Just telling you guys I really doubt it will be a tackle unless someone falls, they will not reach for one. The only thing I could see them doing if that is the case is trading down. Nix and Whaley are going to be very smart about this.

ZAZusmc03
04-01-2010, 08:18 AM
I do not agree with you best LT at 9 theory, his we can not afford to draft a good player anywhere but secondary has me feeling we are taking best guy on their board.

Just telling you guys I really doubt it will be a tackle unless someone falls, they will not reach for one. The only thing I could see them doing if that is the case is trading down. Nix and Whaley are going to be very smart about this.

Couldn't agree more. I just don't see us taking the 3rd or 4th best OT when there are several other players that are worth a whole lot more.

patmoran2006
04-01-2010, 01:04 PM

Clausen going before #9 SHOULD make either Trent Williams or Bryan Bulaga be on the board.

I really think that if Williams or Bulaga is there, that's our pick.

If They're both gone and Clausen is on the board, then all bets are off-- anything can happen.

jamze132
04-02-2010, 12:34 AM

2. WE're not drafting Tim Tebow I didn't get that, nor will I.
3. We WILL draft the best LT at #9 Again, I didn't get that. What I took away was that he isn't afraid to take Dez Bryant or CJ Spiller if they are there and the top 2-3 LTs are off the board.