PDA

View Full Version : Our current WR stable

Don't Panic
03-31-2010, 06:32 PM
Not that the Chad Jackson pick-up turns a need to a non-need, but I really think the WRs we have now are the ones who are going to be the major contributors in 2010. Evans, Hardy, Parrish, Johnson, Jackson, Nelson (TE, but in the mix)... Gailey may very well feel that this group is enough, especially if he has confidence on the O Line, RBs and feels he can get more out of Trent.

Given our other areas of need, I just don't see us using any more than a 4th rounder on a WR.

Jaybird
03-31-2010, 06:34 PM
we don't have anyone proven besides evans. so i think its still a need

Scumbag College
03-31-2010, 06:39 PM
The WR group is still lousy, with or without Jackson. It's another need and I think a case can still be made for Bryant if he's there at nine, although i still think the Bills need OL, DL, or QB there.

Don't Panic
03-31-2010, 06:43 PM
The WR group is still lousy, with or without Jackson. It's another need and I think a case can still be made for Bryant if he's there at nine, although i still think the Bills need OL, DL, or QB there.

I can't see it... if Bulaga or Dan Williams are there, how can you pass them up? Those are MAJOR needs and each of these guys would fill them immediately. No WR is worth the #9 pick, and the top 3 will most likely be gone by the time we pick in round 2. I really think he's going to make the most with what he now has.

YardRat
03-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Parrish will mostly be a non-factor at wideout, again, while Hardy and Johnson still need to prove why they are even on the roster.

patmoran2006
03-31-2010, 06:47 PM
I can't see it... if Bulaga or Dan Williams are there, how can you pass them up? Those are MAJOR needs and each of these guys would fill them immediately. No WR is worth the #9 pick, and the top 3 will most likely be gone by the time we pick in round 2. I really think he's going to make the most with what he now has.

Well said.. I agree, though I dont think Dan WIlliams goes 9 either.
But I couldnt agree more about Bryant.

Scumbag College
03-31-2010, 06:50 PM

Hey I agree with OT or DT. They are a desperate need. But, the WRs currently on the roster are really nothing to brag about and if an elite talent like Bryant is there at pick 9, he might be too good to pass up.

I honestly hope that Clausen, Bradford, Spiller, and Bryant are all gone in the first eight picks because I'm a firm believer that you build a team along the lines. I think if one of those four players fall that will be a big temptation for the Bills to take them there with probably more pressing needs having to wait for later in the draft.

YardRat
03-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Hey I agree with OT or DT. They are a desperate need. But, the WRs currently on the roster are really nothing to brag about and if an elite talent like Bryant is there at pick 9, he might be too good to pass up.

I honestly hope that Clausen, Bradford, Spiller, and Bryant are all gone in the first eight picks because I'm a firm believer that you build a team along the lines. I think if one of those four players fall that will be a big temptation for the Bills to take them there with probably more pressing needs having to wait for later in the draft.

3 out of those 4 have a legit shot at being there.

JCBills
03-31-2010, 07:44 PM
I think they'll take a WR with one of their four 6th/7th rounders.

Buddo
04-01-2010, 05:55 AM
I'd still say that they will look to add to the mix. I would guess that it isn't going to be especially high of a pick though.
Some of it will depend on how highly they think, of who we actually do have on the roster. I'd say that they actually believe that both Hardy and Johnson have sufficient talent to be able to play, and I think the evidence for that is not retaining Reed.

Don't Panic
04-01-2010, 06:40 AM

This is how I see Gailey and Nix....

Gailey - a coach whose strength is in offensive strategy. One who also likes to go run-heavy. Therefore, the RBs need to be solid (as they are) and the line has to be solid (which it's not). I think he feels like he can be creative enough at QB and WR to work with mediocre talent, and that's why I see WR as less of a priority now.

Nix - a GM who knows exactly what his team needs and does not miss on many picks. Where other Bills regimes would have had a hard time passing on a Clausen, Spiller or Bryant (IMO Bradford would be a no-brainer at #9), Nix will stay true to what he knows needs to be fixed first and foremost, the lines.

That's how I see it, and why I don't see our WRs looking much different come opening day than they are now.

DraftBoy
04-01-2010, 07:30 AM
I think they'll take a WR with one of their four 6th/7th rounders.

I agree and I really hope its Al Jackson-California (Pa.)

DraftBoy
04-01-2010, 07:31 AM
On the topic of Jackson;

He is a low risk signing that means nothing. He used to be a deep threat but I dont know that he ever regained all his speed. NE would be able to us more about his time up Patsie land.

As somebody else pointed out though, he's only 25 so he's still very young.