PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carruci thinks this team is a perfect fit for Tebow

T-Long
03-31-2010, 08:57 PM
The Bills.

read more... (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d81741fa5&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true)

Now this should be an interesting conversation...

B-DON
03-31-2010, 09:07 PM
vics articles have sucked lately

Buffalogic
03-31-2010, 09:20 PM
vics articles have sucked latelyAgreed, he's getting boring and predictable.

tampabay25690
03-31-2010, 09:28 PM
More talk of Tebow.
This may be the most talked about COLLEGE player ever in the HISTORY of the NFL draft.....

BillsWin
03-31-2010, 09:39 PM
:lolpoint: more Tebow talk.

Commissioner
03-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Vic just lost all credibility on this board, because people won't hear it.

mrbojanglezs
03-31-2010, 10:07 PM
HAHAHA nice april fool's prank vic

bigbub2352
03-31-2010, 10:34 PM
with vic and kelly both postureing tebow it is almost like they are preparing the fanbase for us to take him and i think it will go down like this
we will take a LT at 9 and if Tebow slides to late 1st rd or beginning of 2nd we will trade up for him and take our franchise QB

this all could change if Clausen falls to 9

but i think if kelly is pushing this which his comments already stated before that he likes him... i think RW trust's kelly and goes after him

gotta sell tickets too

T-Long
03-31-2010, 10:35 PM
I don't know guys...the more and more I hear the Bills and Tebow linked, the more nervous I get about it. If it actually happens, the Bills will become relevant again, although for the wrong reasons.

tampabay25690
03-31-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't know guys...the more and more I hear the Bills and Tebow linked, the more nervous I get about it. If it actually happens, the Bills will become relevant again, although for the wrong reasons.

T-Long you never know the guy will do whatever it takes to win....
1 good thing about Tim if he is drafted to B-LO we wont have to worry about him getting paid and getting 290 LBS like J Russell........

The guy never wants to let anyone down and just wants to win.....

NOT THE DUDE...
03-31-2010, 10:37 PM
tebow at 9!!

SirMcGee
03-31-2010, 10:40 PM
This dudes the football version of Psycho T. No thanks.

T-Long
03-31-2010, 10:44 PM
T-Long you never know the guy will do whatever it takes to win....
1 good thing about Tim if he is drafted to B-LO we wont have to worry about him getting paid and getting 290 LBS like J Russell........

The guy never wants to let anyone down and just wants to win.....

Oh I don't question what this guy could do for this franchise as a whole, but being the savior (no pun intended) franchise QB...I'm not sold at all on that. Would I be pissed if they took him? Not at all. Like I said before, I give the benefit of a doubt to Nix/Gailey. If they think they can make him into a star, then so be it. They know a helluva lot more than I do.

I'm just ready for this damn draft to get here already.

Mudflap1
03-31-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm not so sure that Ralph listens to Kelly all that much. What else has he listened to him about? Didn't Kelly push Bill Cowher and/or getting a big time coach? How did that turn out?

That being said, I could completely see Tebow being a Bill. I don't know, I just can. I guess it's because this franchise is so clueless and gun shy. At least I could find myself genuinely rooting for Tebow though.

I don't think the article is that far off overall. I'll say this as a positive for Tebow, most star and/or Heisman QB's that fail in the NFL fail because 1) they don't have the mind; 2) they don't have the size and athletic ability (strong arm, height, etc.) to hack it in the NFL. Tebow has the size, arm, and mind, he just needs to get the mechanics down, and be able to figure out NFL defenses. Easier said than done of course.

T-Long
03-31-2010, 10:54 PM
I would root for anyone who wears that red white and blue, and if Tebow is indeed drafted by this team, then yes, I would without a doubt root for him. Do I want them to draft him? No. But, if it happens, I'm fine with it...as long as it is not with pick #9.

Mudflap1
03-31-2010, 10:58 PM
I would root for anyone who wears that red white and blue, and if Tebow is indeed drafted by this team, then yes, I would without a doubt root for him. Do I want them to draft him? No. But, if it happens, I'm fine with it...as long as it is not with pick #9.

I basically agree with this. Would he be my choice at #9? No! 2nd round? Maybe at the earliest. If they take him though, he's definitely likeable enough where you'd have to pull for the guy, even beyond him being a Bill.

trapezeus
03-31-2010, 11:24 PM
realistically, who is in dire need for a qb?

1. Rams,
2. cleveland
3. Niners?
4. Seattle
5. Raiders
6. Chiefs
7. redskins
8. vikings (depending on Favre)
9. Panthers
10. Cardinals

Other than the bills, those 10 could use an upgrade at QB.
These are the teams ahead of us:
St. Louis (1-15)
Washington (4-12)
Kansas City (4-12)
Seattle (5-11)
Cleveland (5-11)
Oakland (5-11)

Of those, i think the rams, redskins, chiefs, and browns most likely go #1 pick on a QB. That leaves 6 teams that may take a shot after us. i don't think they really need a QB more than a missing piece. I could be wrong. but i think if tebow goes past the jags, he'll be there at 41.

patmoran2006
03-31-2010, 11:43 PM
There are three reasons why I dont think Tebow will be a Bill.

1- We're not taking him at nine.
2- He won't be there at 41
3- I cant see us moving up for our second pick for a QB that even Gailey admits is a project. We need two day one starters with our first two picks.

Mudflap1
04-01-2010, 12:13 AM
There are three reasons why I dont think Tebow will be a Bill.

1- We're not taking him at nine.
2- He won't be there at 41
3- I cant see us moving up for our second pick for a QB that even Gailey admits is a project. We need two day one starters with our first two picks.

Pat, this makes too much sense for the Bills for it to play out in actuality.

Oaf
04-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Indeed. The question really is, are you okay with spending your 2nd AND 3rd round pick on Tebow, a la McCargo? Or considering he's a project, mortgaging next year's 2nd?

I don't see how Tebow gets here either unless we hit on a trade down which hasn't happened since what, Clements?

Mike13
04-01-2010, 12:28 AM
More talk of Tebow.
This may be the most talked about COLLEGE player ever in the HISTORY of the NFL draft.....

It comes with the territory of being one of the greatest college players ever I guess.

JCBills
04-01-2010, 12:31 AM

The more talk you hear about any "links" is just reason to think it's misdirection.

YardRat
04-01-2010, 05:54 AM
Vic's just helping the team blow smoke up everybody's ass.

I certainly don't agree with his comment regarding ticket sales...Yes, Tebow is a marquee college player but there's enough CW out there amongst average fans that Tebow isn't going to be an NFL QB that the strategy could backfire. IMO Bradford would sell more tix than Tebow.

Don't like him as an NFL QB, don't want him on the Bills, but if it does shake out that way I'll root for him if he ever sees the field.

X-Era
04-01-2010, 05:58 AM
vics articles have sucked lately

Lately? Ever since he left Empire Sports Network and his local writer job, he has hated on us more and more and been increasingly out of touch with our team.

TMu11
04-01-2010, 06:15 AM
Isn't this the same guy who said Vick would mostly likely land on the Bills?

Gotta take it all with a grain of salt

trapezeus
04-01-2010, 08:17 AM
Lately? Ever since he left Empire Sports Network and his local writer job, he has hated on us more and more and been increasingly out of touch with our team.

Vic has more reasons than ever to rag on the bills. the bills have provided so much incompetence over the last few years.

I still think Vic's the man. i enjoy his articles.

T-Long
04-01-2010, 08:20 AM
I met Vic at the 2008 NFL Draft. We sat beside each other and when the Bills got on the clock, we both looked at each other and said "McKelvin" at the same time.

Good guy and I do enjoy his writing. I'm hoping to talk with him again in a few weeks.

Night Train
04-01-2010, 08:56 AM
I think Vic is a perfect fit for a 4 sleeve coat with restraining straps.

baalworship
04-01-2010, 10:39 AM
Tebow's a perfect fit for a team that like drafting project players with high picks.

DraftBoy
04-01-2010, 10:54 AM
I just want to know if he was drunk with this part of the article;

» Tebow is built for Buffalo's climate. Although he hails from Florida, Tebow has the thick physique of someone who should be able to stand up to the often harsh weather with which the Bills must deal for part of their home schedule. Too many times that seemed to be a problem for Edwards, a California native. Frankly, no quarterback the Bills have had since Kelly, generally regarded as a linebacker with a great arm, has had what it takes to tolerate the worst of what Mother Nature can dish out in Western New York.

Tebow is from the South, lived and played his whole life in the south. His style of pay is a ground it out type game that is terrific in a hotter climate. What the hell is he even talking about?

Ebenezer
04-01-2010, 10:57 AM
I just want to know if he was drunk with this part of the article;

Tebow is from the South, lived and played his whole life in the south. His style of pay is a ground it out type game that is terrific in a hotter climate. What the hell is he even talking about?
this is no reflection of my personal opinion of Tebow but with the Buffalo mentality if he comes in here and doesn't pan out he'll get some harsh religious labels. Jesus freak will sound kind.

DraftBoy
04-01-2010, 10:58 AM
this is no reflection of my personal opinion of Tebow but with the Buffalo mentality if he comes in here and doesn't pan out he'll get some harsh religious labels. Jesus freak will sound kind.

Honestly I think the whole religion is a bit over blown by both sides.

Ebenezer
04-01-2010, 11:00 AM
Honestly I think the whole religion is a bit over blown by both sides.
while that may be true on a national level in Buffalo it will be used against him quite heavily.

DraftBoy
04-01-2010, 11:02 AM
while that may be true on a national level in Buffalo it will be used against him quite heavily.

I maintain my statement above. I think that's overblown, nationally, locally, regionally, and personally.

jamze132
04-02-2010, 12:43 AM
If we want Tebow in RD 2, we will need to find a way to move up 4-5 spots.