• Show
Clear All
  • cyberelex
    • Mar 2009

We should bring this Guy in

• TrEd FTW
    • Sep 2008

Re: We should bring this Guy in

I don't see why Brown would sign here, or even why the Bills would want him, as a 3-4 OLB when he can go to a 4-3 team and continue playing his natural position.

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

Apparently they couldn't find a trade partner. Brown is insanely durable.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Don't Panic
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Dec 2005

Sounds like a OLB transition candidate to me... from ESPN:

Brown is a bit undersized for a defensive end, but he has excellent athleticism to put pressure on opposing offensive tackles. He has great initial quickness off the edge as a pass-rusher. Brown has enough lateral agility and speed to make plays in pursuit. He uses his hands well to ward off defenders, while setting up a variety of pass-rush moves and counters. He isn't stout at the point of attack. Brown is a consistent producer who thinks pass-rush first and reacts back to the run. He is athletic enough to drop effectively in zone-blitz schemes and his versatility gives him added value. He is a mix-in starter who needs to play hard at all times to remain effective.

Comment

• TigerJ
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TrEd FTW
          I don't see why Brown would sign here, or even why the Bills would want him, as a 3-4 OLB when he can go to a 4-3 team and continue playing his natural position.
          I thought I read somewhere that the Bears were virtually the only team left in the league running a straight 4-3 defense. Brown may have a choice of retiring or trying to make the switch to rush linebacker on a 3-4 team.
          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• YardRat
            Well, lookie here...
            • Dec 2004

Please don't bring anybody else in unless they absolutely fit the scheme...we already have too many square pegs that we're going to try out in round holes.
            YardRat Wall of Fame
            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
            X