PDA

View Full Version : We should bring this Guy in

cyberelex
04-01-2010, 02:08 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/01/bears-release-alex-brown/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

TrEd FTW
04-01-2010, 02:11 PM
I don't see why Brown would sign here, or even why the Bills would want him, as a 3-4 OLB when he can go to a 4-3 team and continue playing his natural position.

The King
04-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Apparently they couldn't find a trade partner. Brown is insanely durable.

Don't Panic
04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Sounds like a OLB transition candidate to me... from ESPN:

Brown is a bit undersized for a defensive end, but he has excellent athleticism to put pressure on opposing offensive tackles. He has great initial quickness off the edge as a pass-rusher. Brown has enough lateral agility and speed to make plays in pursuit. He uses his hands well to ward off defenders, while setting up a variety of pass-rush moves and counters. He isn't stout at the point of attack. Brown is a consistent producer who thinks pass-rush first and reacts back to the run. He is athletic enough to drop effectively in zone-blitz schemes and his versatility gives him added value. He is a mix-in starter who needs to play hard at all times to remain effective.

TigerJ
04-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't see why Brown would sign here, or even why the Bills would want him, as a 3-4 OLB when he can go to a 4-3 team and continue playing his natural position.I thought I read somewhere that the Bears were virtually the only team left in the league running a straight 4-3 defense. Brown may have a choice of retiring or trying to make the switch to rush linebacker on a 3-4 team.

YardRat
04-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Please don't bring anybody else in unless they absolutely fit the scheme...we already have too many square pegs that we're going to try out in round holes.