• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

So, Im pretty convinced

That this team is more than serious about Tebow.

I would not be surprised at all to see us either move up into late round 1 for him, draft him in the 2nd, and yes, I could even see us take him at 9.

Do I think hes worth any of those picks? If he can make all the throws, yes... no one would be better IMO. If he cant due to his mechanics, I wouldn't draft him any earlier than the 5th round.

I have never been a fan of drafting this guy with his college mechanics... but if he has it fixed, there is no one Id want more.

Regardless, its not up to me. And, IMO, we had better get used to the idea, because I think its a very real possibility.

Some of us said early on with Tebow, that the debate may become epic, and I think its just about starting to live up to that hype... I think he may be the biggest boom or bust prospect in draft history... But now its taken a very local turn... and it wont stop until he gets drafted by someone else.

Ive been warming up to the idea, if he can keep his new mechanics even when his mind is rattled, I might just convince myself that this is a very good move.

• T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: So, Im pretty convinced

I agree that I do think the Bills are extremely interested in him, but I can not comprehend them taking him at 9. If they traded up to late first, then I could see it happening, but never ever ever taking him at 9. I, along with the rest of the world, would be shocked and speechless.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Tebow, if drafted in round 1 by anyone, will be the biggest bust in NFL history.

If we draft him, it will make Donahoe look like a genius for drafting JP.

Comment

• scartown
        • Dec 2008

Drafting Tebow won't be showing the fans the baby as coach has said.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Jan 2010

whether or not anyone likes tebow is not the point. the point is if the bills do think hes a franchise qb, then why wouldnt they take him at 9?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Hall of Fame Zoner
            • Jan 2010

its only an opinion so take it for what its worth... the whole throwing motion of tebow has been blow way out of proportion... he has the strong arm to throw in this weather, anyone that has watched all the highlights knows this kid has above average accuracy.... if you watch the cincy game he makes those throws that require anticipation that trent never does. he has good field vision. he can run the wildcat and run out of it and punish tacklers at 240lbs... he has bust potential but make no mistake , tebow is a great college qb and has the tools to be a good pro qb, its just a matter of guess work with these qbs and im not betting against tebow... not at all...

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

I agree. I am not thrilled about him being a Bill but if he is I will of course support him. I know all about his leadership ability, character etc. but I still don't know about his arm strength and ability to play QB in the NFL. If we take him I pray he's the answer because if he isn't this is another step backwards.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                its only an opinion so take it for what its worth... the whole throwing motion of tebow has been blow way out of proportion... he has the strong arm to throw in this weather, anyone that has watched all the highlights knows this kid has above average accuracy.... if you watch the cincy game he makes those throws that require anticipation that trent never does. he has good field vision. he can run the wildcat and run out of it and punish tacklers at 240lbs... he has bust potential but make no mistake , tebow is a great college qb and has the tools to be a good pro qb, its just a matter of guess work with these qbs and im not betting against tebow... not at all...
                I don't see that at all. I see a guy who has shown in college game tape that he has a slow as molasses windup, a ball that flutters, a difficulty hitting long throws, and a ball that takes way too long to get to the target.

But, the concept here is that its all fixed now that he has a new throwing motion. And what Im saying is that its not what I think, its what the Bills think about it.

Hes got everything I want in a QB if you pay no attention to how he throws the ball. But then throwing the ball is the major thing that he has to do.

I guess I just am not ready/willing to say he has a good arm based on anything we've seen in college.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Jan 2010

Just watch the sugar bowl, his arm was above average....

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Mortensen said today when asked on Twitter about Tebow to Buffalo, he said he thinks they 90% interested in Round 2.

I think people saying he will be the pick at 9 is very premature.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

I think you want to have Tebows baby. And I think I will take the experts opinion on his delivery not being good enough for the NFL unless he gets the hitch fixed over you saying hes a franchise type now.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                        Mortensen said today when asked on Twitter about Tebow to Buffalo, he said he thinks they 90% interested in Round 2.

I think people saying he will be the pick at 9 is very premature.
                        Of course it is. I said I could see it. I never said it was likely at 9. I could see the Bills trying to make a case that hes worth it, that was my point. Do i think hes worth it? No.

For me, he needs to convince me that his throwing motion is fixed. That doesn't happen in shorts at a workout. He convinces me that its fixed when hes throwing the ball under pressure and never reverts to his old style while starting in a real NFL game. He has done zero to prove that so far since he has not played a single NFL snap.

But my bigger point is not that he needs to convince me. Its that I could see the "QB developer" Chan Gailey, Jim Kelly, and the Bills convincing themselves that hes worth the 9 pick... and then, of course, trying to convince us that hes worth it.
                        Last edited by X-Era; 04-01-2010, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Ive watched enough of him to know that his college arm is not good enough IMO. Its an opinion, but I can see him getting picked off a lot in the NFL with that slow windup and weak velocity.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2010

ironcially his throwing motion was not winding up in high school. i dont know what happened at fl...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                              Of course it is. I said I could see it. I never said it was likely at 9. I could see the Bills trying to make a case that hes worth it, that was my point. Do i think hes worth it? No.

For me, he needs to convince me that his throwing motion is fixed. That doesn't happen in shorts at a workout. He convinces me that its fixed when hes throwing the ball under pressure and never reverts to his old style while starting in a real NFL game. He has done zero to prove that so far since he has not played a single NFL snap.

But my bigger point is not that he needs to convince me. Its that I could see the "QB developer" Chan Gailey, Jim Kelly, and the Bills convincing themselves that hes worth the 9 pick... and then, of course, trying to convince us that hes worth it.

I dont see the Bills making that case or really any indication yet that they're even thinking about it. They've been at almost every QB workout thus far.

Taking a guy out to dinner and having a two day visit with him is not what I would consider anything special at this point.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X