• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Trent Williams ahead of Bulaga?

I've been talking to Daniel Jeremiah a lot lately via both twitter and personal emails, picking his mind about select prospects, rankings and who the Bills may take.

Hes told me a few times over the last week point blank that he is confident that Trent Williams will go ahead of Bulaga.

I've seen Bulaga as high as 5 on numerous mocks recently.

Interesting.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: Trent Williams ahead of Bulaga?

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    I've been talking to Daniel Jeremiah a lot lately via both twitter and personal emails, picking his mind about select prospects, rankings and who the Bills may take.

Hes told me a few times over the last week point blank that he is confident that Trent Williams will go ahead of Bulaga.

Interesting.
    I think the rankings at this point, concerning the Bills, is pointless. I think Okung, Williams, and Bulaga are all gone by 9.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

I'd always take a technician over an athlete at OT. This is the same exact thing that occured last year with Oher.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dicknoze69
        Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
        • Jul 2002

If Bulaga gets past KC at #5, he very likely could fall to us at #9.

God give me style and give me grace
        God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Every team starting at Washington at #4 is a big threat to go OT

KC 5
          Sea 6
          Clev 7
          Oakland 8

You could very well be right, they both could be gone. I don't even think abotu Okung that's soooo not happening.

But I've heard from some pretty smart people that Bulaga isnt going nearly as high as people think, so maybe he is there.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dicknoze69
            • Jul 2002

KC 5
            Sea 6
            Clev 7
            Oakland 8

You could very well be right, they both could be gone. I don't even think abotu Okung that's soooo not happening.

But I've heard from some pretty smart people that Bulaga isnt going nearly as high as people think, so maybe he is there.
            Assuming Wash doesn't take Clausen, I think the following is semi-likely:

KC - Berry (they're obviously the wildcard here)
            Sea - Spiller
            Cle - Haden (also a wildcard, but I doubt they take a OT)
            Oak - Campbell/T. Williams
            Last edited by Dicknoze69; 04-01-2010, 09:53 PM.

Comment

• scartown
              • Dec 2008

I wouldn't be surprised if the Browns take a look at Bulaga at 7. With Thomas, Mack and Bulaga that line could be special.
              I also can see Kyle Wilson going before Haden. I just like his game better.

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Williams over Bulaga would be a mistake. Williams is going to act and play a lot different when the checks start rolling in.
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• psubills62
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Sep 2008

KC 5
                  Sea 6
                  Clev 7
                  Oakland 8

Ehhh I don't see Cleveland as a threat to take an OT. Considering they have Joe Thomas, and it's not that hard to find a capable RT, then they should be looking at their many other areas of need.

KC is interesting to me. A lot of things I've been reading lately have indicated that KC will keep Albert at LT, and they've been building the OG position up during the offseason. I think it's very possible that they pick OT, but I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they didn't.

Seattle seems likely to pick an OT. I'm hoping Al Davis stays true to Al Davis form and goes with Campbell.

I think Washington and KC are the main factors here. If Washington manages to get Bradford somehow (in trade or whatever), or if they take Clausen, then I think we may be able to get Bulaga or Williams.
                  "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                  - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• bigbub2352
                    • Feb 2005

I think with our current make up of players like Wood Levitre and Hangartner we are better to have a Bulaga style player, and if he doesnt pan out at LT he will be one hell of a RT...

lets face it the Cornell Green signing is a joke and i hope he is a backup but think he will start and he is horrible so whatever he gets him off the roster
                    faster is better for me

Bulaga will be fine at LT he is a beast and has the nasty streak we all love
                    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                      • Jul 2002

Something to keep in mind about Seattle is their OL coach is Alex Gibbs, the guy who runs zone blocking exclusively. Therefore, he tends to need specific player types, like guys with lesser physical skills yet very smart players. Here's a good article detailing what he tends to like:

The earlier item about Rob Sims' status led to a Facebook discussion featuring thoughts on Alex Gibbs' preferences for offensive linemen.Gibbs is the line coach in Seattle and probably the most influential assistant in the NFC West as far as shaping draft priorities in 2010.

Also, if Seattle wants Spiller, I don't think they'll be able to get him at #14. So they'd need to decide which position to wait to get until #14.
                      Last edited by Dicknoze69; 04-01-2010, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• psubills62
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                        Something to keep in mind about Seattle is their OL coach is Alex Gibbs, the guy who runs zone blocking exclusively. Therefore, he tends to need specific player types, like guys with lesser physical skills yet very smart players. Here's a good article detailing what he tends to like:

The earlier item about Rob Sims' status led to a Facebook discussion featuring thoughts on Alex Gibbs' preferences for offensive linemen.Gibbs is the line coach in Seattle and probably the most influential assistant in the NFC West as far as shaping draft priorities in 2010.

Also, if Seattle wants Spiller, I don't think they'll be able to get him at #14. So they'd need to decide which position to wait to get until #14.
                        Interesting. Almost makes me wonder if Seattle is looking to reach for an OT that fits that mold at pick 14 (e.g. Charles Brown). Out of the top 3 OT's (Okung, Bulaga, Williams), it seems like Bulaga fits the description best, though even he isn't a perfect match.

I like that Gibbs' teams really have drafted OL in the first couple rounds much. Raises my hopes that they won't draft one. But they still have a major hole at LT, which could definitely end up trumping draft history.
                        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

Interesting.

If you read my commentary on Trent Williams you'd see i think he's a LT in this league with more potential then Bulaga (that said Bulaga is a better player now). The people who say he's a RT don't know what they're talking about.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                            • Feb 2004

I don't see it at all I see Bulaga as the #2 OT in this draft and Williams maybe 3 or 4 depending on what people are looking for...
                            GO Gators!!!!!!
                            GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                              Interesting. Almost makes me wonder if Seattle is looking to reach for an OT that fits that mold at pick 14 (e.g. Charles Brown). Out of the top 3 OT's (Okung, Bulaga, Williams), it seems like Bulaga fits the description best, though even he isn't a perfect match.

I like that Gibbs' teams really have drafted OL in the first couple rounds much. Raises my hopes that they won't draft one. But they still have a major hole at LT, which could definitely end up trumping draft history.
                              I agree with you on Charles Brown possibly being the pick at #14. Between the Pete Carroll connection, the fact that Carroll ran a zone blocking scheme at USC, and the fact that Gibbs is running that same zone blocking scheme in Seattle now, it almost seems too obvious.

Comment

Working...
                              X