PDA

View Full Version : WTF happened?

OpIv37
04-01-2010, 10:17 PM
I didn't get to see the game, so what happened?

All I can say is this: my confidence in this team was growing, but then they go and pull some garbage like this. It still appears like they lack a killer instinct. They're letting Ottawa hang around way too long.

SabreEleven
04-01-2010, 11:15 PM
They didn't seem interested in playing this game. They could have been tired from the night before when Toronto didn't play.

Michael82
04-02-2010, 12:08 AM
Miller should have been on the bench for the game. He wasn't the problem, but I would rather give him a break instead of have him go back-to-back like this.

jamze132
04-02-2010, 12:46 AM
They played a team that have beaten every other time this season. They overlooked them, didn't prepare for it, and got their asses beat. That's it.

I agree that Miller should have been given the night off.

tampabay25690
04-02-2010, 05:43 AM

All I can say is this: my confidence in this team was growing, but then they go and pull some garbage like this. It still appears like they lack a killer instinct. They're letting Ottawa hang around way too long.

Back to Back games these games always scare you..
Chill out they will be fine the nite before they were dominate............

rbochan
04-02-2010, 06:45 AM
They were full of donuts and rather sleepy.

BlackMetalNinja
04-02-2010, 07:29 AM

All I can say is this: my confidence in this team was growing, but then they go and pull some garbage like this. It still appears like they lack a killer instinct. They're letting Ottawa hang around way too long.Do you expect them to win every single game the rest of the way? This one doesn't really concern me as we've beaten them every other time we've played this season and they aren't a concern to us in terms of playoffs, other than obviously missing out on 2 possible points. We still have the best record over the last 10 games in the East and nobody else is winning every single game (well, except for Detroit lately). We're still 1 pt up on Pittsburgh with 5 to go...

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2010, 07:32 AM
How are they letting Ottawa hang around when they have won 7 of the last 9?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-02-2010, 07:40 AM
waiting to clinch the E.C. at home on Tues. (Fan Appreciation Night) against Rangers

BlackMetalNinja
04-02-2010, 07:41 AM
waiting to clinch the E.C. at home on Tues. (Fan Appreciation Night) against RangersI hate to break it to you, but the Eastern Conference was clinched by Washington about a week ago. The Northeast Division on the other hand, that we still have control of. 3 points in 5 games seems pretty likely to me.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-02-2010, 07:54 AM
I hate to break it to you, but the Eastern Conference was clinched by Washington about a week ago. The Northeast Division on the other hand, that we still have control of. 3 points in 5 games seems pretty likely to me.

:sorry: I keep getting those two mixed up, why can't we just go back to the old NHL confrences like the Adams Division etc.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Do you expect them to win every single game the rest of the way? This one doesn't really concern me as we've beaten them every other time we've played this season and they aren't a concern to us in terms of playoffs, other than obviously missing out on 2 possible points. We still have the best record over the last 10 games in the East and nobody else is winning every single game (well, except for Detroit lately). We're still 1 pt up on Pittsburgh with 5 to go...

No, I don't expect them to win every game. I expect them to be able to beat crappy teams, especially when a win could have meant the division title.

trapezeus
04-02-2010, 08:32 AM
How are they letting Ottawa hang around when they have won 7 of the last 9?

1. by not beating ottawa last week and making a statement
2. by not beating TOR the night that they are told, "win this game and it's over".

That's the lack of killer instinct.

That beign said, they played 4 games in 6 nights. and went 3-4, so i'm ok with it.

I really need to see them beat ottawa and NJ at the end of the season to feel comfortable that its not going to be a fast playoff run.

BlackMetalNinja
04-02-2010, 09:12 AM
No, I don't expect them to win every game. I expect them to be able to beat crappy teams, especially when a win could have meant the division title.1. We'd beaten them 10 straight before last night, they were kind of due.

2. We're still going to win the Division Title

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 09:16 AM
1. We'd beaten them 10 straight before last night, they were kind of due.

2. We're still going to win the Division Title

Ottawa's beat us 9 straight... when exactly are we due?

BlackMetalNinja
04-02-2010, 09:44 AM
Ottawa's beat us 9 straight... when exactly are we due?We are well overdue... But there is prior similar history that ends with us eliminating them from the playoffs.

trapezeus
04-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Part of me wants to see the sabres lose to the sens again in the regular season and match up with them in the second round and find our mojo there.

chernobylwraiths
04-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Part of me wants to see the sabres lose to the sens again in the regular season and match up with them in the second round and find our mojo there.

Most of me doesn't want to tempt fate.

Of course, the Sabres could do it Yankees vs Red Sox style and go down 0 - 3 in the EC finals and storm back to win the next 4!

THATHURMANATOR
04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
2 games in 2 nights, Second game being on the road.

trapezeus
04-02-2010, 10:47 AM
i guess there are two extreme ways for the sabres to win the cup.

1. face every cupcake team available and not be tested. IE. play the flyers first, hope for a lot of bottom seeds knocking out top seeds, play lower seeds that we've been good against, rinse repeat.
2. Face the bruins in the first round, give Rask the beating that he finally deserves, face ottawa and beat them, face the caps and beat the ebst of the best, then take on chicago or whatever Western team that is smoking red hot.

If they win, i'd love it to be method 2, because it would be too exciting and too rewarding...of course, in either scenario, they need to win at home so we can cheer it on as loud as humanly possible.

RockStar36
04-02-2010, 11:40 AM
No, I don't expect them to win every game. I expect them to be able to beat crappy teams, especially when a win could have meant the division title.

Even if they won they wouldn't have won the division.

Just settle it down until the playoffs.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Even if they won they wouldn't have won the division.

Just settle it down until the playoffs.

Except they didn't know that while the game was going on- the Ottawa game ended later. As far as they knew, a win could get them the division crown.

BlackMetalNinja
04-02-2010, 12:52 PM
Except they didn't know that while the game was going on- the Ottawa game ended later. As far as they knew, a win could get them the division crown.AND THEY STILL ONLY NEED 3 POINTS IN 5 GAMES!!!!!!! Jesus, you act as if losing that game actually COST them the division.

Buffalogic
04-02-2010, 12:53 PM
They were tired, Toronto had the puck like the whole game. Nothing to freak out about.

Electrici
04-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Not going to win every game. In fact, that's why they play them in the first place.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 01:22 PM
They were tired, Toronto had the puck like the whole game. Nothing to freak out about.

when a bad team like Toronto can keep the puck away from them the whole game, that's something to freak out about.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Not going to win every game. In fact, that's why they play them in the first place.

This was a game against a BAD team that the Sabres have dominated recently, in which a victory could have potentially won the division title. No, they can't win every game. But this is a game they should have won.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 01:32 PM
AND THEY STILL ONLY NEED 3 POINTS IN 5 GAMES!!!!!!! Jesus, you act as if losing that game actually COST them the division.

yeah because there haven't been any 5 game stretches this season where we didn't get 3 points....

qcsabresfan84
04-02-2010, 01:39 PM
yeah because there haven't been any 5 game stretches this season where we didn't get 3 points....

You know that's also only with the assumption that Ottawa wins out their last four games. If they only win two, then we can clinch the division by forfeiting the rest of our games.

RockStar36
04-02-2010, 01:42 PM
This was a game against a BAD team that the Sabres have dominated recently, in which a victory could have potentially won the division title. No, they can't win every game. But this is a game they should have won.

Define domination.

I know Buffalo won 5 out of 6 against Toronto, but it's not like the Sabres beat them down by 5 goals every game.

And when was the last time Buffalo played them? Is there a chance that Toronto may have improved since then with some trades?

You really do go from one extreme to another. Take a deep breath.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 01:43 PM
You know that's also only with the assumption that Ottawa wins out their last four games. If they only win two, then we can clinch the division by forfeiting the rest of our games.

well, they play the Islanders, who suck, and they play us, who they've owned for the last 2+ seasons. So, they're halfway there as it is.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Define domination.

I know Buffalo won 5 out of 6 against Toronto, but it's not like the Sabres beat them down by 5 goals every game.

And when was the last time Buffalo played them? Is there a chance that Toronto may have improved since then with some trades?

You really do go from one extreme to another. Take a deep breath.

Did they improve to the level of Pittsburgh, Washington, New Jersey and Ottawa? Because if we can't beat Toronto due to some trade deadline improvements, I fail to see how we're going to beat any of those teams in the playoffs.

BlackMetalNinja
04-02-2010, 01:44 PM
yeah because there haven't been any 5 game stretches this season where we didn't get 3 points....Care to make a wager right now? I will easily bet that we win the division.

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2010, 01:48 PM
Toronto has actually played well lately. (or at least better)

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Did they improve to the level of Pittsburgh, Washington, New Jersey and Ottawa? Because if we can't beat Toronto due to some trade deadline improvements, I fail to see how we're going to beat any of those teams in the playoffs.

Whoa one moment.

Buffalo lost to Toronto by one goal (discountin the EN goal)

Pittsburgh was shut out by Tampa.

So does that one loss not eliminate Pittsburgh from any discussions?

Right?

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2010, 01:53 PM
New Jersey was blown out by Philadelphia too recently. They are done.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 01:54 PM
Whoa one moment.

Buffalo lost to Toronto by one goal (discountin the EN goal)

Pittsburgh was shut out by Tampa.

So does that one loss not eliminate Pittsburgh from any discussions?

Right?

If I were a Pittsburgh fan, I'd be wondering how Pittsburgh is going to beat Washington, New Jersey, Ottawa and even Buffalo if they can't even score on Tampa Bay.

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2010, 01:55 PM
And Washington lost to Carolina.

They are toast.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Care to make a wager right now? I will easily bet that we win the division.

No, odds are that the Sabres will still win it- but the longer they allow Ottawa to stick around, the lower those odds get.

Typ0
04-02-2010, 01:56 PM
Teams that are in Buffalo's position in the NHL are busy getting ready for the playoffs not worrying about winning the division. Yeah, a division win is nice and they will get it but it doesn't mean squat. This team is getting better as promised and I'm already looking forward to next season with the playoffs this year only being a bonus.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 01:58 PM
And Washington lost to Carolina.

They are toast.

If I were a Washington fan, I'd be worried about:
1. **** goaltending. It's the only flaw on an otherwise solid team.
2. Being able to turn it on when the playoffs start after coasting through the last 3 weeks of the regular season.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 01:59 PM
Teams that are in Buffalo's position in the NHL are busy getting ready for the playoffs not worrying about winning the division. Yeah, a division win is nice and they will get it but it doesn't mean squat. This team is getting better as promised and I'm already looking forward to next season with the playoffs this year only being a bonus.

It does in terms of playoff positioning and home ice advantage. Winning the division ensures home ice through the first two rounds.

Typ0
04-02-2010, 02:06 PM
It does in terms of playoff positioning and home ice advantage. Winning the division ensures home ice through the first two rounds.

Yeah, but they've played well enough to be well positioned to win that right now. I haven't been able to watch enough Sabres hockey this year but I'm still more concerned about them stepping it up a knotch in the playoffs and going to war to win the little battles at a constant rate. However, I don't think they are going to prove they can do that through the long playoff stretch by wearing out doing it right now since they've done enough to be in this position already. Plus, they have some injuries right now. The whole idea now is to find the right combinations to work through any injuries that come along in the playoffs and that means taking some risks that aren't going to pay off each time. It's about knowledge acquisition of the depth of the roster for the Sabres right now.

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2010, 02:19 PM
If I were a Washington fan, I'd be worried about:
1. **** goaltending. It's the only flaw on an otherwise solid team.
2. Being able to turn it on when the playoffs start after coasting through the last 3 weeks of the regular season.

Their coasting reminds of the 06/07 Sabres.

Nighthawk
04-02-2010, 02:49 PM
Their coasting reminds of the 06/07 Sabres.

I was thinking the same thing the other day. That team just breezed through the regular season...IMO, that is never a good thing.

BlackMetalNinja
04-02-2010, 03:54 PM
No, odds are that the Sabres will still win it- but the longer they allow Ottawa to stick around, the lower those odds get.Well no ****... But basically you still think they're going to win the division and you're just *****ing for the sake of *****ing because it's what you do best. Thanks for clearing that up.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Well no ****... But basically you still think they're going to win the division and you're just *****ing for the sake of *****ing because it's what you do best. Thanks for clearing that up.

First of all we LOST the game. Any fan of any team has the right to ***** when the team loses.

Second, we lost to a BAD team, and a rival team at that. Inexcusable.

Third, the team went into the game knowing that a win could potentially seal up the division title, and they still LOST to a BAD team.

Whether you like it or not, the complaints have everything to do with the team and nothing to do with me.

WTF is wrong with you people? We lost to TORONTO and it's "Oh well, can't win 'em all." When did that pathetic attitude start?

Ebenezer
04-02-2010, 04:31 PM
First of all we LOST the game. Any fan of any team has the right to ***** when the team loses.

Second, we lost to a BAD team, and a rival team at that. Inexcusable.

Third, the team went into the game knowing that a win could potentially seal up the division title, and they still LOST to a BAD team.

Whether you like it or not, the complaints have everything to do with the team and nothing to do with me.

WTF is wrong with you people? We lost to TORONTO and it's "Oh well, can't win 'em all." When did that pathetic attitude start?
the minute your *****y attitude started.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 04:34 PM
the minute your *****y attitude started.

We LOST to TORONTO. All fans should be *****ing, not just me.

Ebenezer
04-02-2010, 04:35 PM
we lost one of 82 games...somebody really has to tell you to sit down and shut the **** up.

Typ0
04-02-2010, 04:36 PM

We won every game this season against them except one.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 04:38 PM
we lost one of 82 games...somebody really has to tell you to sit down and shut the **** up.

First, we lost a hell of a lot more than 1.

Second, see my previous post.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 04:39 PM
We won every game this season against them except one.

and losing even one to a team that bad is unacceptable.

Ebenezer
04-02-2010, 04:40 PM
First, we lost a hell of a lot more than 1.

Second, see my previous post.
you are clueless....and don't have kids or people who are not perfect working for you...they make life miserable.

Nighthawk
04-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I'm dead serious...everybody in this thread needs to calm the f**k down....and I mean everybody!

Ebenezer
04-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm dead serious...everybody in this thread needs to calm the f**k down....and I mean everybody!
<---heart rate 68, bp close to 110/75.

I'm calm.

chernobylwraiths
04-02-2010, 06:01 PM
Maple Leafs have been 10 - 4 - 2 since March 4th

chernobylwraiths
04-02-2010, 06:04 PM

:rofl:

No offense man, but YOU saying this is funny.

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Maple Leafs have been 10 - 4 - 2 since March 4th

Oh man.

Op hates facts like this.

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 07:10 PM
Oh man.

Op hates facts like this.

WHO CARES? They're still a ****ty team. Wow, they played middle-of-the-road hockey for 16 games.....ooooohhhhh, that makes losing acceptable! It's ok to lose as long as the other team is hot!

Please.

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2010, 07:15 PM
WHO CARES? They're still a ****ty team. Wow, they played middle-of-the-road hockey for 16 games.....ooooohhhhh, that makes losing acceptable! It's ok to lose as long as the other team is hot!

Please.

The point is that they are not as bad as they were earlier in the year and that even food teams (Pittsburgh and Washington) lose to "****ty" teams.

You say you don't expect the Sabres to go 82-0,but you sure as hell act like it.

They have won 7 of 9 and won 3 out of 4.

And you still have a complete fit.

Currently Toronto is not a ****ty team

Ebenezer
04-02-2010, 07:17 PM
The point is that they are not as bad as they were earlier in the year and that even food teams (Pittsburgh and Washington) lose to "****ty" teams.

You say you don't expect the Sabres to go 82-0,but you sure as hell act like it.

Toronto is starting to build and will compete for a playoff spot next year...

OpIv37
04-02-2010, 07:26 PM

I already went over my reasons for being upset.

What the hell is wrong with you people? The Sabres lost to TORONTO and you're defending them? I thought you were supposed to be fans.

Dr. Lecter
04-02-2010, 07:56 PM
You of all people pulling the "supposed to be fans" card?

Nobody is happy they lost.

However, most of us are smart enough to look at the bigger picture, including the fact Toronto is not as ****ty as you are saying they are and that the Sabres are 5-1 against them this year and 7-2 in their last 9.

Ebenezer
04-02-2010, 08:09 PM

What the hell is wrong with you people? The Sabres lost to TORONTO and you're defending them? I thought you were supposed to be fans.
and you are the worst type of fan of all.

Typ0
04-02-2010, 08:34 PM

If they perennially were horrible and losing to these teams it would be cause for concern. They don't do that though and they are on the right track. Quit your whining and enjoy having a competitor more often than not.

Nighthawk
04-02-2010, 08:56 PM

No offense man, but YOU saying this is funny.

Why? Please enlighten me why this would be funny? I'm pretty sure that I've not said a thing this year...good or bad and have been pretty calm the entire time. Years past this may fit, but it doesn't make any sense today.

TrEd FTW
04-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Pittsburgh's last game was a 2-0 loss to the Lightning, whose victory was sandwiched between a 7-2 loss to Buffalo and a 5-0 loss to the Rangers. I guess this year's Penguins also lack a killer instinct. :shakeno:

qcsabresfan84
04-03-2010, 02:48 AM

Being a fan does not mean getting pissed and *****ing when we lose a game. It means supporting your team, which is something that most people in this thread are doing, you are obviously excluded from them. You're so narrow minded game by game when it comes to losses. Any loss in your opinion means that we're easily the worst team in the league. But do you ever get as worked up about wins as you do about losses? Like the fact that we've won 7 of 9 is completely lost on you.

Of course I'm not happy that we lost the game, as I'm sure that most sabres fans aren't, but one loss to a team, any team (don't say again that it was Toronto) certainly does not condemn the Buffalo Sabres, as you are doing.

RockStar36
04-03-2010, 03:23 PM

Anybody see the Sens/Islanders score?

Dr. Lecter
04-03-2010, 03:31 PM

Anybody see the Sens/Islanders score?

That's different. :shakeno: