PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive 1 on 1 with Ross Tucker

T-Long
04-02-2010, 08:32 PM
I had the opportunity to sit down with former NFL offensive lineman Ross Tucker this past week and get his take on the upcoming 2010 NFL Draft and his analysis on what he thinks the Bills may do come draft weekend.

read more.. (http://blogblitz.nfl.com/buffalo-bills/entry/blog_blitz_q_and_a)

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

WeAreArthurMoates
04-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Great read, thanks my man

BillsWin
04-02-2010, 08:43 PM
You would ask about Clausen! :up:

TigerJ
04-02-2010, 08:56 PM
Nice work. Tucker's volunteering of the opinion on Tyler Thigpen is interesting. We have heard a lot of: The Bills should draft Tebow or McCoy or (fill in the blank). I think the suggestion on Thigpen is in the same category, although it has a little more merit perhaps because Thigpen actually played for Gailey before. In essence everyone is pigeonholing Gailey, thinking that he's better off with a certain QB or a certain type of QB. Do we actually know that? Or is it more of a case of him being able to adapt to what he's got. Has anyone asked Gailey himself what type of QB he would prefer to work with? I guess Gailey did volunteer that he was very impressed with Tebow when Tebow visited Buffalo, but I think that had more to do with Tebow's character and football intelligence than the type of QB Tebow is. Anyway, is Gailey really going to be better off trading for Thigpen than drafting Jimmy Clausen or maybe grooming Brian Brohm? Does anyone really know?

YardRat
04-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Just my opinion, but I get the feeling Gailey is confident that he can get at least one of our current QB's to become 'serviceable' and won't trade for another unless he is head-and-shoulders above what we have. As far as the draft, I could see Gailey passing on Tebow despite his intangibles (too much to change, and if anybody knows how a QB can revert to bad habits it should be Gailey) but possibly grabbing Clausen (depending on who goes 1-8, and IMO ugghh) or somebody like LeFevour, Snead or Skelton in a later round.

Buddo
04-03-2010, 04:23 AM
Nice work. Tucker's volunteering of the opinion on Tyler Thigpen is interesting. We have heard a lot of: The Bills should draft Tebow or McCoy or (fill in the blank). I think the suggestion on Thigpen is in the same category, although it has a little more merit perhaps because Thigpen actually played for Gailey before. In essence everyone is pigeonholing Gailey, thinking that he's better off with a certain QB or a certain type of QB. Do we actually know that? Or is it more of a case of him being able to adapt to what he's got. Has anyone asked Gailey himself what type of QB he would prefer to work with? I guess Gailey did volunteer that he was very impressed with Tebow when Tebow visited Buffalo, but I think that had more to do with Tebow's character and football intelligence than the type of QB Tebow is. Anyway, is Gailey really going to be better off trading for Thigpen than drafting Jimmy Clausen or maybe grooming Brian Brohm? Does anyone really know?

Good observations.
The fact that Gailey has had success working around QBs strengths, doesn't mean that that is what he necessarily wants to do.
About the only thing I think you can say with any certainty, is that his offense will be of the type that uses the run to set up the pass, and not vice versa. I'd base that off of his work with the Cowboys, where he (partly) resurrected Emmitt Smith's career, while leaving Aikman underwhelmed.
Any NFL coach would rather have a QB who can 'do it all' as that gives them ultimately better options.
While I can see how Nix will be prepared to draft a guy in the lower rounds (3rd downwards) to bring on, I think that the next QB the Bills draft in the 1st round, has to be their 'franchise' QB for the future. If there's too much doubt about any one guy being that, I wouldn't pull the trigger for the time being, as we still need to build other areas and I think that between Edwards and Brohm, there's enough ability at QB for Gailey to work with for the time being.

SquishDaFish
04-03-2010, 05:59 AM
Nic job bro. Good read thank you

Don't Panic
04-03-2010, 06:29 AM
The fact that Gailey had success with Thigpen leads me to believe he can do it with others as well, not that he needs to be reunited with Thigpen.

Jan Reimers
04-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Very good read. Thanks, T.