Orange star nose tackle back in Syracuse, but only for a visit (Bills Related)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Orange star nose tackle back in Syracuse, but only for a visit (Bills Related)

Syracuse, NY – The big man in the middle of the Syracuse University defense was back on the field Friday.

But not in football pads.

Arthur Jones, the two-time All Big-East first-team selection at defensive tackle, was on the sidelines on a summer-like Day 7 of the Orange’s spring drills.

The 6-foot-3, 301-pound former nose tackle said he’d just returned from Arizona, where he’s spent nearly four months recovering and rehabilitating his left knee after having surgery in November to fix a torn meniscus.

Frank Ordoñez / The Post-Standard, 2009Former Syracuse University nose tackle Arthur Jones is back and recovered from knee surgery. He hopes to impress NFL scouts on Tuesday during a Carrier Dome workout. Syracuse, NY – The big man in the...
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Re: Orange star nose tackle back in Syracuse, but only for a visit (Bills Related)

Private workouts scheduled with Buffalo, Atlanta and New England....
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
      Hall of Fame Zoner
      • Jan 2010

Re: Orange star nose tackle back in Syracuse, but only for a visit (Bills Related)

He would be a solid pick in rd 2 or 3

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

He might work himself back into the first round this week.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• mikemac2001
          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
          He might work himself back into the first round this week.

id rather he not i hope he falls

MUCK
          FIAMI

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

I think he goes in the 2nd or 3rd. I worry about NE getting him with one of there 2nd rounders.

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

At 301 lbs. he's pretty light for a nose tackle. Most pundits project him as a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE. He has enough height to put on 20-30 lbs. of muscle, but does he have the frame for it?
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
                At 301 lbs. he's pretty light for a nose tackle. Most pundits project him as a 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE. He has enough height to put on 20-30 lbs. of muscle, but does he have the frame for it?
                He has enough weight for a 3-4 DE IMO.

Comment

• DrGraves
                  • Mar 2008

I'll pass... he went to our rival high school in Endicott, NY... we use to house them every year.

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by DrGraves
                    I'll pass... he went to our rival high school in Endicott, NY... we use to house them every year.
                    What does that mean? He was a beast in college.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

He could bulk and play 3-4 NT as well.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jaycorp51
                        • Mar 2005

In a 3-4 I'd think he'd play DE. He needs to add quite a bit of bulk to play NT. DraftBoy....how do you seem his as a DE in the 3-4?

Comment

• casdhf
                          • Jul 2002

arms?
                          Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                          cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

Working...
                          X