PDA

View Full Version : QB Rodgers a precedent for Tebow

The Spaz
04-03-2010, 12:01 PM
While the debate rages leading up to the NFL Draft as to whether Tim Tebow can completely revamp his throwing motion and still be a successful NFL QB, Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress reminds everyone that another QB, that is now arguably one of the five best in football, had similar issues not too long ago.

In an interview with the Philadelphia Daily News, Childress explained Tebow’s situation and how Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers made the dramatic transition that Tebow is undertaking.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/04/03/qb-rodgers-a-precedent-for-tebow/

Dicknoze69
04-03-2010, 12:22 PM
But I was told I was wrong when I suggested that Rodgers had completely revamped his throwing mechanics from his college days! Damn you SirMcGee and your lies!

dplus47
04-03-2010, 01:08 PM
He could come to Buffalo and sit behind future hall of famer Trent Edwards for 3 years before playing?

Just playin'. I love Aaron Rodgers' game.

PECKERWOOD
04-03-2010, 07:55 PM
This shouldn't also mean that any QB who slides on draft day will be a success, just because Rodgers beat the odds. For all we know, Tebow could be the next Brady Quinn.

SirMcGee
04-03-2010, 09:16 PM
But I was told I was wrong when I suggested that Rodgers had completely revamped his throwing mechanics from his college days! Damn you SirMcGee and your lies!

I said his throwing motion hasnt changed MUCH. The only thing different about Rodgers throwin motion was that he used to have the ball up by his ears before he threw the ball. Now he has the ball by his shoulders which creates a more natural throwing motion. WOW. Big change. I don't even know how he managed to make that alteration. I don't consider that a COMPLETE revamping of mechanics.

Tebow on the other hand had the ball down by his waist. Then brought it up which takes an eternity to get rid of the ball. Even when Rodgers "changed" his motion, all he had to learn was to hold the ball at shoulder level, and not by his ear. Tebow's motion is a more cause for concern. Hence Rodger's transition was MUCH easier than what Tebow will face.

Get it?

malvado78
04-05-2010, 07:36 AM
I said his throwing motion hasnt changed MUCH. The only thing different about Rodgers throwin motion was that he used to have the ball up by his ears before he threw the ball. Now he has the ball by his shoulders which creates a more natural throwing motion. WOW. Big change. I don't even know how he managed to make that alteration. I don't consider that a COMPLETE revamping of mechanics.

Tebow on the other hand had the ball down by his waist. Then brought it up which takes an eternity to get rid of the ball. Even when Rodgers "changed" his motion, all he had to learn was to hold the ball at shoulder level, and not by his ear. Tebow's motion is a more cause for concern. Hence Rodger's transition was MUCH easier than what Tebow will face.

Get it?

Hmm. Thanks you for your opinion. But I think Childress's comment has a lttle more weight. Get it?

Griff
04-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Hmm. Thanks you for your opinion. But I think Childress's comment has a lttle more weight. Get it?

maybe you should've read the article

What should be noted is that Rodgers did not take the field as the full time starter until his fourth season, affording him a ton of time to not only perfect his throwing motion, but to also learn his offensive system and gain a season’s worth of experience in the preseason (16 games over 4 years).

get it?

ChristopherWalken
04-05-2010, 09:08 PM
While the verdict is still out on Vince Young, the same could be said for him.

However, both Rodgers and Young were understudies for seasoned vets. A luxury Tebow will not have in Buffalo.