PDA

View Full Version : jim kelly says he would recommend tim tebow to the bills

buffalobillsfan95
04-03-2010, 05:30 PM
this makes me sick http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/03/jim-kelly-says-hed-recommend-tim-tebow-to-the-bills/

Slim
04-03-2010, 05:33 PM
At least he dis-credits himself and admits he's not a scout. I have no problem with what he said.

Yasgur's Farm
04-03-2010, 05:36 PM
At least he dis-credits himself and admits he's not a scout. I have no problem with what he said.Me either.

Typ0
04-03-2010, 06:33 PM
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. The guy made one opinion based statement that any of us could have made and then they went on and on bashing him and his qualifications to make an opinion. Give it a rest nbc blowhards.

Night Train
04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
I'm sure Nix just tore up his whole Draft board and turned it over to Kelly.

It's a newspaper story and means nothing.

Typ0
04-03-2010, 06:43 PM
is there a less than nothing? Perhaps negative nothing or absolute zero nothing.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Tebow at 9! mark it down!

Night Train
04-03-2010, 06:58 PM

Cool.

The Bills are trading down for someone dumb enough to reach.

SquishDaFish
04-03-2010, 07:02 PM

They will not take Tebow at 9 get over it. Go have his kids or something

Commissioner
04-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Kelly admitted that he wasn't a scout and not qualified to say when the Bills or if they should draft Tebow....

... and then profootballtalk proceeded to bash him, saying the same thing he said about himself...

He gave an opinion to a journalist asking for it.... gimme a break.

yomommabilly
04-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Actually, going against the grain here. In my humble opinon, in the right offense with a team with a good defense to match, Tim Tebow would be able to do considerable mental damage to a lot of NFL D co-ordinators and their players BUT, it has to be a good fit. IMO, and again, some will tar and feather me, so what, Miami and Tebow are a good match.

yomommabilly
04-03-2010, 10:07 PM
Actually, going against the grain here. In my humble opinon, in the right offense with a team with a good defense to match, Tim Tebow would be able to do considerable mental damage to a lot of NFL D co-ordinators and their players BUT, it has to be a good fit. IMO, and again, some will tar and feather me, so what, Miami and Tebow are a good match.

Kelly is right, he is not a good scout, in Buffalo, Tim Tebow would be a forgotten commodity.

BertSquirtgum
04-03-2010, 11:41 PM
he also hinted that he wouldn't take tebow at #9. i wish some of these people would listen instead of hearing what they want to hear.

Novacane
04-04-2010, 07:34 AM
I really hate Mike Florio. He is a effing dick. He trashes Kelly for giving an opinion. I don't want Tebow at #9 but geez! Kelly said he's not a scout *******. I wish Florio would drop dead.

YardRat
04-04-2010, 07:48 AM
I really hate Mike Florio. He is a effing dick. He trashes Kelly for giving an opinion. I don't want Tebow at #9 but geez! Kelly said he's not a scout *******. I wish Florio would drop dead.

I agree...his latest is a little pat on his own back (a 'thank you' from a supposed scout)...

Said a high-level scout in response, "Guys like me that have committed our lives to our craft thank you, seriously. We desert our families and work our butts off to have clowns like this make a mockery of what we do."

Great response from a reader...

Florio, for example, pumps out opinions on college players despite knowing nothing about player evaluation. Aren't people like Florio and Peter King and the like making a mockery of scouting when they indicate what player teams should draft?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/04/a-thank-you-note-from-a-high-level-scout/

Yasgur's Farm
04-04-2010, 07:54 AM
Quotes are a big deal... If a statement is quoted, the author (Mike Florio) is saying that those exact words were uttered by the subject (Jim Kelly). In the case of this article, Mike Florio did not interview JK... He simply took portions of Vic Carucci's interview from a couple days ago.

"would be comfortable" - Never quoted in Carucci's piece.

"Just because I'm a former quarterback, people think I can just tell from being around a guy [if he has what it takes to be a successful NFL quarterback]," - That quote ends with a comma... I wonder what JK said to conclude that sentence.

"But I need to watch him go through a drill and make all the throws. I need to really study him before I could say whether he should be a first-round pick." - Here's where JK acknowledges the efforts and sacrafices of the "scout".

Now, a second-rounder, I'd be OK with that, but I don't have enough information on [Tebow] to say they should use the No. 9 pick on him." - This is nothing more than the "fan" in JK speaking... VC sought his opinion and he gave it.

This whole thing is a fabrication... Mike Florio reads the Carucci interview... Mike Florio spins it in order to gain attention... Mike Florio throws JK under the bus with words from an unidentified "high-level scout". Mike Florio is the dirt from under a twoo hundred year old outhouse IMO.

Novacane
04-04-2010, 07:57 AM
lmao. I hope that letter was not from a Bills scout. They've done a pretty good job of making a mockery of themselves the last few years.

DMBcrew36
04-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Doesn't seem like our scouts and coaches have been doing very well, anyway, so it's not like Kelly could do any worse than what has been the 'norm' over at One Bills Drive.

Demon
04-05-2010, 01:01 AM
He's proven to me one thing, his opinion matters just as much as any poster here. It's interesting to read but in the long run, it doesn't matter one bit.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 10:53 AM
One thing Tebow has that Gailey is looking for in a player is consistency. The guy consistently won throughout his college career.

TMu11
04-05-2010, 12:10 PM
One thing Tebow has that Gailey is looking for in a player is consistency. The guy consistently won throughout his college career.

How will he hold up when that goes away?
Everyone is smiles and confidence when you consistently win, but I want the Warrior that can come back twice as fierce after a loss.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Everyone is smiles and confidence when you consistently win, but I want the Warrior that can come back twice as fierce after a loss.
I'd rather not lose at all.

TMu11
04-05-2010, 12:13 PM
I'd rather not lose at all.
Agreed.

You think Tebow is the guy who will make that happen?
The Bills to go eternally undefeated?

better days
04-05-2010, 12:21 PM

Then Tebow is the guy for you. After a devastating loss to Ole Miss Tebow put the loss on his shoulders and willed the Gators to the National Championship. His speach following that loss has been called the stuff of legend.

TMu11
04-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Then Tebow is the guy for you. After a the devastating loss to Ole Miss Tebow put the loss on his shoulders and willed the Gators to the National Championship.
I like Tebow. I'd have no problem with the Bills drafting the guy (As long as its not at 9) I think his leadership (from what I've read/heard) alone could make a world of difference.

What I didn't know is how he would handle himself in that kind of situation, because honestly that's what he's in for if he comes here. Thanks for the info

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Agreed.

You think Tebow is the guy who will make that happen?
The Bills to go eternally undefeated?
He's the saviour.

jk