• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • buffalobillsfan95
    • Jan 2010

jim kelly says he would recommend tim tebow to the bills

this makes me sick http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-the-bills/
    “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein
  • Slim
    • Apr 2004

Re: jim kelly says he would recommend tim tebow to the bills

At least he dis-credits himself and admits he's not a scout. I have no problem with what he said.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Slim
      At least he dis-credits himself and admits he's not a scout. I have no problem with what he said.
      Me either.

Comment

• Typ0
        honey pie
        • Jul 2002

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. The guy made one opinion based statement that any of us could have made and then they went on and on bashing him and his qualifications to make an opinion. Give it a rest nbc blowhards.

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

I'm sure Nix just tore up his whole Draft board and turned it over to Kelly.

It's a newspaper story and means nothing.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

is there a less than nothing? Perhaps negative nothing or absolute zero nothing.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Jan 2010

Tebow at 9! mark it down!

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                Cool.

The Bills are trading down for someone dumb enough to reach.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                  Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                  • Jun 2005

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                  They will not take Tebow at 9 get over it. Go have his kids or something

Comment

• Commissioner
                    • Dec 2004

Kelly admitted that he wasn't a scout and not qualified to say when the Bills or if they should draft Tebow....

... and then profootballtalk proceeded to bash him, saying the same thing he said about himself...

He gave an opinion to a journalist asking for it.... gimme a break.
                    Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• yomommabilly
                      • Dec 2009

Actually, going against the grain here. In my humble opinon, in the right offense with a team with a good defense to match, Tim Tebow would be able to do considerable mental damage to a lot of NFL D co-ordinators and their players BUT, it has to be a good fit. IMO, and again, some will tar and feather me, so what, Miami and Tebow are a good match.

Comment

• yomommabilly
                        • Dec 2009

Originally posted by yomommabilly
                        Actually, going against the grain here. In my humble opinon, in the right offense with a team with a good defense to match, Tim Tebow would be able to do considerable mental damage to a lot of NFL D co-ordinators and their players BUT, it has to be a good fit. IMO, and again, some will tar and feather me, so what, Miami and Tebow are a good match.
                        Kelly is right, he is not a good scout, in Buffalo, Tim Tebow would be a forgotten commodity.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • May 2009

he also hinted that he wouldn't take tebow at #9. i wish some of these people would listen instead of hearing what they want to hear.
                          Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 04-03-2010, 11:49 PM.

Comment

• Novacane
                            • Jul 2002

I really hate Mike Florio. He is a effing dick. He trashes Kelly for giving an opinion. I don't want Tebow at #9 but geez! Kelly said he's not a scout *******. I wish Florio would drop dead.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Novacane
                              I really hate Mike Florio. He is a effing dick. He trashes Kelly for giving an opinion. I don't want Tebow at #9 but geez! Kelly said he's not a scout *******. I wish Florio would drop dead.
                              I agree...his latest is a little pat on his own back (a 'thank you' from a supposed scout)...

Said a high-level scout in response, "Guys like me that have committed our lives to our craft thank you, seriously. We desert our families and work our butts off to have clowns like this make a mockery of what we do."
                              Great response from a reader...

Florio, for example, pumps out opinions on college players despite knowing nothing about player evaluation. Aren't people like Florio and Peter King and the like making a mockery of scouting when they indicate what player teams should draft?
                              From time to time, we explain the dangers of allowing former players of a given franchise to chime in on the personnel decisions of the team for which they played.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

Working...
                              X