• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PA Season Ticket Holder
    You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day
    • Jul 2002

49ers:A Surprise Ending To Mini-Camp

Dennis Erickson closed the final mini-camp of the summer with a mild surprise for his team, canceling Thursday’s practice after team meetings. Erickson and the 49ers will re-group July 25 for the start of training camp at team headquarters in Santa Clara.

Erickson said there were a number of factors that went into his decision to cancel them final practice, including some of the 49ers injury situation.

“That was a little bit of it. More than that was we had six really good days the last two weeks of mini-camp where we practiced hard and got a lot of things done,” said Erickson. “I just really felt we didn’t need this one. They deserved a reward and that was not to practice this morning. We went through meetings and went through our regular installation, then let them go.”

While Erickson has been obviously pleased with the progress of his team, he does have some concerns as the team nears camp.

“Well we have some inexperience in different areas. I have some concern depth-wise in the defensive front. Bryant is back now and we have some vets at defensive end,” said Erickson. “We’ll see where our rookies are as far as being able to help us. Depth in the secondary is also a concern, particularly at corner. Who’s going to be our third, fourth, fifth wide receiver – that will be a tremendously competitive part of our training camp. Other than that, we have vets coming back. A lot of it depends on staying healthy coming into camp.”

The official source for San Francisco 49ers news, schedules, stats, scores and more.

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home
Working...
X