PDA

View Full Version : Cap And Gown For Two 49ers

PA Season Ticket Holder
06-08-2003, 08:47 PM
The music of choice in the 49ers weight room this off-season ranges from hip hop to heavy metal, but for two members of the linebacker core, Pomp and Circumstance will be the sweetest song of the summer.

Second-year veteran Saleem Rasheed will receive a Marketing degree from the University of Alabama later this summer. After leaving the Crimson Tide for the NFL as a junior in 2002, Rasheed had no doubt he’d return to complete his studies.

“Everything I start, I like to finish,” Rasheed said. “First, I did it for myself, then my family and then for all those kids who look up to me back home.”

Fellow linebacker Jamie Winborn will also don a mortar board in July, receiving a degree in Human Organizational Development from Vanderbilt. For Winborn, going back to school was simply a matter of common sense.

“I went to a real reputable school, academically speaking, and just wanted to feel like I didn’t waste my time,” the third-year veteran explained. “I learned so much there that it’s only right I come out with my degree.”

http://www.sf49ers.com/newsroom/DisplayNews.asp?newsid=1227