PDA

View Full Version : CJ Spiller

Bone
04-04-2010, 11:41 AM
If Lynch wants out you can guarantee we draft this freak of nature.

buffalobillsfan95
04-04-2010, 11:43 AM
c.j is a beast, but behind our line he'll be a dead man

Raptor
04-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Spiller is really good but he doesn't fall under the freak of nature category

Mahdi
04-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Explain your statement further....

You say our line... im pretty sure we spent 2 first day picks on OL last year including a first rounder. We also signed a mauler at RT in Cornell Green.

The only thing we are missing is a run blocking LT so tell me why our OL is a deterrent to drafting one of the top playmakers in the draft.

I guarantee you there isn't a single GM in the league that sets these "rules" that fans set prior to the draft.

tampabay25690
04-04-2010, 12:46 PM

I disagree with you.
1st of all I think are whole problem last year was the OFFESIVE play calling and the coaching.
We bring GREEN in and this guy is a very good run blocker.
With Chan Gailey running the offense he brings a bit more experience in playcalling then AVP.....

NOT THE DUDE...
04-04-2010, 12:47 PM
we have gone over this before, buffalo can get a quality lt in rounds 2 or 3...

jared veldheer, tony washington, charles brown, zane beadles, kyle calloway, vladmir ducaase, rodger saffold, jason fox, selvish capers.

we could take flozell adams for 1 year, and then plug in a 3rd round pick next year....

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2010, 02:01 PM
Spiller is really good but he doesn't fall under the freak of nature category

you havent watched him then

PECKERWOOD
04-04-2010, 02:22 PM
we have gone over this before, buffalo can get a quality lt in rounds 2 or 3...

jared veldheer, tony washington, charles brown, zane beadles, kyle calloway, vladmir ducaase, rodger saffold, jason fox, selvish capers.

we could take flozell adams for 1 year, and then plug in a 3rd round pick next year....

Tony Washington is a sister ****er, Charles Brown will be gone, Kyle Calloway is a right tackle, Vladamir may be around but he might not be and Jared Veldheer is a project, Rodger Saffold may be gone, but it's a risk to wait for him and Jason Fox has a history full of injuries and Selvish Capers is a project LT.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-04-2010, 02:29 PM
we need to get adams, so we can have more flexibility...

SirMcGee
04-04-2010, 02:42 PM
you havent watched him then

Whats the difference between him and Jahvid Best? They have the same skill set? U guys are making him out to be a lot better than he actually is.

The Spaz
04-04-2010, 03:01 PM
CJ Spiller is very good but not a "freak of nature" that category belongs to Chris Johnson.

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Whats the difference between him and Jahvid Best? They have the same skill set? U guys are making him out to be a lot better than he actually is.

IMO he should have gotten more Heisman talk and I thought he was better than Ingram. He was a threat to take it the distance every time he touched the ball no matter the situation. Jahvid Best doesnt have his acceleration or his vision. This kid can run, catch like Thurman Thomas did, and return kicks. He also can block pretty well. You put him on Alabama, he runs for nearly 2k yards ill bet anything. He was Clemsons whole team.

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2010, 03:46 PM
Heres 1 season worth of highlights, keep that in mind. Watch this and then convince me hes not a freak of nature. Make sure you watch the move at the 3:12 mark. Two side steps, and then hes gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2010, 03:49 PM
I take that back, its not just one season. I pasted the wrong one, but its pretty close to just 1 season

NOT THE DUDE...
04-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Heres 1 season worth of highlights, keep that in mind. Watch this and then convince me hes not a freak of nature. Make sure you watch the move at the 3:12 mark. Two side steps, and then hes gone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFcecMcS6bA

he has rare acceleration and explosive burst and solid top end speed. theres no doubt in my mind that spiller will have a similar year like chris johnson.. spiller even runs a little harder between the tackles... he would be a fantastic pick at 9... people think oh, we have 2 good runners, thats true, but we dont have a superstar anywhere on our team... we need difference makers... spiller is a difference maker. just get flozell adams for 2 years, and then draft spiller and tebow!!!!!!!!

NOT THE DUDE...
04-04-2010, 03:55 PM
im just afraid spiller will be gone before we pick and tebow will be gone before 41...

YardRat
04-04-2010, 03:55 PM
I still think we need to go big in the first round, but if the pick is Spiller I won't hate it.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-04-2010, 04:00 PM
I still think we need to go big in the first round, but if the pick is Spiller I won't hate it.

thats my general feeling too, i think we need to go big with a olineman or dt but im fine with spiller, he could be the next bo jackson

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2010, 04:00 PM

yeah kinda how i feel, id rather go with a top quality lineman but i would not be upset at all if we said screw lynch and went after this kid

Michael82
04-04-2010, 04:06 PM
I'd rather take the BPA and not the 4th or 5th best OT.

SirMcGee
04-04-2010, 04:19 PM
IMO he should have gotten more Heisman talk and I thought he was better than Ingram. He was a threat to take it the distance every time he touched the ball no matter the situation. Jahvid Best doesnt have his acceleration or his vision. This kid can run, catch like Thurman Thomas did, and return kicks. He also can block pretty well. You put him on Alabama, he runs for nearly 2k yards ill bet anything. He was Clemsons whole team.

Better than Mark Ingram? LOL...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA. OK. I was kinda having a bad day until i heard that comment. Thanks for the laugh. It was a good one. :brilliant:

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2010, 04:23 PM
Better than Mark Ingram? LOL...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA. OK. I was kinda having a bad day until i heard that comment. Thanks for the laugh. It was a good one. :brilliant:

yup i think he is, im not the moron who thought Jahvid Best should be in the same breath as CJ Spiller lol

NOT THE DUDE...
04-04-2010, 04:49 PM
i dont think ingram is better or spiller, they are different...

ingram is like emmitt smith, spiller is like bo jackson/fred taylor

alabamas back up rb is better than all of them (trent richardson)

SirMcGee
04-04-2010, 04:51 PM
yup i think he is, im not the moron who thought Jahvid Best should be in the same breath as CJ Spiller lol

Obviously you've never seen Spiller AND Best play. What a pity. There's absolutely nothing special about Spiller. He runs fast? Best ran a faster 40. You guys are making him out to be the next Adrian Peterson and its a fckin joke.

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Obviously you've never seen Spiller AND Best play.

are you some 15 year old pissed off at the world teenager? yeah youre right, im talking out of my ass and havent watched 1 game. Youre clueless and obviously cant judge talent. Yeah Spiller will be the first RB taken but hes a bum right? Who said he was the next Adrian Peterson? The kid is a freak and the best at his position coming out this year so obviously im not the only one high on him. Watch that highlight clip and tell me im lying about him being a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball. Get a clue buddy

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Another thing about Spiller, you will never catch him from behind. You cant say that about Ingram or best

DieHrdBillsFan23
04-04-2010, 05:24 PM
This team lacks a FRANCHISE player, and has for 10+ years, this is why the Spiller pick wouldnt be a bad one at all, it would finally give us someone to be that guy, like LT in his prime, or CJ now.

FlyingDutchman
04-04-2010, 06:08 PM
he has rare acceleration and explosive burst and solid top end speed. theres no doubt in my mind that spiller will have a similar year like chris johnson.. spiller even runs a little harder between the tackles... he would be a fantastic pick at 9... people think oh, we have 2 good runners, thats true, but we dont have a superstar anywhere on our team... we need difference makers... spiller is a difference maker. just get flozell adams for 2 years, and then draft spiller and tebow!!!!!!!!

you had me til the Tebow talk

elltrain22
04-04-2010, 06:57 PM
I would love CJ Spiller on this team.

SirMcGee
04-04-2010, 08:34 PM
are you some 15 year old pissed off at the world teenager? yeah youre right, im talking out of my ass and havent watched 1 game. Youre clueless and obviously cant judge talent. Yeah Spiller will be the first RB taken but hes a bum right? Who said he was the next Adrian Peterson? The kid is a freak and the best at his position coming out this year so obviously im not the only one high on him. Watch that highlight clip and tell me im lying about him being a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball. Get a clue buddy

no..i just came out of my mother's uterus this year. :snooze:

i can't judge talent? What makes him so special? Because he's fast? He's not even the fastest RB in this year's draft. He has happy feet, and doesn't hit the hole. Yea that would do GREAT behind our porous offensive line. I guess i can't judge talent, and thats why i work in the sports industry. What do you do for a living?

SirMcGee
04-04-2010, 08:35 PM
you had me til the Tebow talk

Jahvid Best also has that top end speed to break it all the way. So does McCluster. He's just as dangerous in the open field. You gotta show me more than that. Yea, you can compare him to Chris Johnson but he has AMAZING vision to break it. That's rare and it doesnt come often. I'm sure you said the same thing about Bush when he came out didn't you?

SirMcGee
04-04-2010, 08:37 PM
I would love CJ Spiller on this team.

I would love Spiller if we didnt have so many other needs on this team. If the top rated OT's, Bryant, Clausen, are all gone, i would hope we trade down and pick up some much needed picks.