PDA

View Full Version : My Interview with DT Al Woods

DraftBoy
04-04-2010, 12:39 PM
http://draftnasty.com/insider_blogs/john/q-and-a-with-lsu-dt-al-woods/

My best interview thus far, and he was an extremely nice guy. I honestly hope Al may be a Buffalo Bill, if he is there in Round 3 or 4 Id give him a long look.

tampabay25690
04-04-2010, 12:49 PM
Good job DB

TigerJ
04-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Walter Football rates him as 7th round or free agent prospect. I take it you think he's quite a bit better than that, draftboy.

DraftBoy
04-04-2010, 03:39 PM
Walter Football rates him as 7th round or free agent prospect. I take it you think he's quite a bit better than that, draftboy.
I have it on good word from two different sources that Woods is rising and quickly. Both have intimate knowledge of NFL teams draft boards. On this guy Id say Walter is wrong.

JCBills
04-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Good interview DB. I think he could bring a lot to Buffalo, maybe playing the role of someone who can rotate in at DE and NT if he got up to 320 or so.

methos4ever
04-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Thanks for the int DB. I think that he's going to be a solid player and would be a solid NT in the rotation!

DraftBoy
04-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Just so you guys know what's coming down the pipe. I have an interview set up today with Jay Ross, and Boo Robinson. I also have interviews lined up with Travis Ivey and Akwasi Owusu-Ansah.

I'm working on getting Jared Odrick, Rolando McClain, Austen Labe, Jason Worlids, John Skelton, and Joique Bell.

methos4ever
04-05-2010, 10:15 AM
Any chance of chatting with Walter Thurmond out of Oregon?

DraftBoy
04-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Any chance of chatting with Walter Thurmond out of Oregon?

I can try and make the request, I know the agency he is repped by.

Just locked in;
RB Ben Tate and DT/DE Jared Odrick for next week sometime.

DraftBoy
04-05-2010, 03:27 PM
My Jay Ross interview will be up sometime in the next 48 hours, Ill post the link when it goes up.

I also locked in;
WR Arrelious Benn
DE Everson Griffen

Im still working on Walter Thurmond for you methos, I haven't forgotten. I left a message, but so far no reply. Im also waiting to hear on John Skelton, Dan LeFevour, and Rolando McClain.

JCBills
04-05-2010, 04:00 PM
Just so you guys know what's coming down the pipe. I have an interview set up today with Jay Ross, and Boo Robinson. I also have interviews lined up with Travis Ivey and Akwasi Owusu-Ansah.

I'm working on getting Jared Odrick, Rolando McClain, Austen Labe, Jason Worlids, John Skelton, and Joique Bell.

It would be interesting to know Ross and Ivey's playing weight, if they would be comfortable being asked to handle two blockers almost every play, and what teams have shown interest.

DraftBoy
04-05-2010, 04:34 PM
It would be interesting to know Ross and Ivey's playing weight, if they would be comfortable being asked to handle two blockers almost every play, and what teams have shown interest.

With Ross its lower than you thought and he's spoken to every team but one particular AFC East team he thinks is clearly not interested.

JCBills
04-05-2010, 05:24 PM
With Ross its lower than you thought and he's spoken to every team but one particular AFC East team he thinks is clearly not interested.

That one team being us?

I was somewhat disappointed to see him only come in at 313 at the combine, does he play even lower?

DraftBoy
04-05-2010, 05:45 PM
That one team being us?

I was somewhat disappointed to see him only come in at 313 at the combine, does he play even lower?
That is info you'll have to wait for. They call it a tease for a reason! :db:

psubills62
04-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I can try and make the request, I know the agency he is repped by.

Just locked in;
RB Ben Tate and DT/DE Jared Odrick for next week sometime.

Sweet!! Can't wait to see it and hear your thoughts on him.

I know you don't like him, but all indications are that he's being seen as a really good 3-4 DE. Rumors are that Cleveland and New England really like him. Even a homer like me doesn't expect him to go as high as #7 though. Then again, I never thought Tyson Jackson would go #3 overall - man, what was KC thinking?

DraftBoy
04-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Sweet!! Can't wait to see it and hear your thoughts on him.

I know you don't like him, but all indications are that he's being seen as a really good 3-4 DE. Rumors are that Cleveland and New England really like him. Even a homer like me doesn't expect him to go as high as #7 though. Then again, I never thought Tyson Jackson would go #3 overall - man, what was KC thinking?

Its not that I dont like him its that he doesnt do anything at an elite level that bothers me. I agree though he's a 3-4 DE in the NFL.

ZAZusmc03
04-06-2010, 09:40 AM
I'm looking forward to the Arrelious Benn interview. I think he is a talented guy and am anxious to hear about what he's like in person. Keep up the good work DB!

DraftBoy
04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Just confirmed QB John Skelton for next week.

Confirmed Interview:
Jay Ross-4/5
Travis Ivey-4/6
Jacques McClendon-4/6
Taylor Price-4/6
Boo Robinson-TBD
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah-TBD
Arrelious Benn-TBD
Ben Tate-TBD
Everson Griffen-TBD
Jared Odrick-TBD
John Skelton-TBD
Earl Mitchell-4/12

JCBills
04-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Just confirmed QB John Skelton for next week.

Confirmed Interview:
Jay Ross-4/5
Travis Ivey-4/6
Jacques McClendon-4/6
Taylor Price-4/6
Boo Robinson-TBD
Akwasi Owusu-Ansah-TBD
Arrelious Benn-TBD
Ben Tate-TBD
Everson Griffen-TBD
Jared Odrick-TBD
John Skelton-TBD
Earl Mitchell-4/12

Oooooo ask Price if he thinks he's better fir on the outside or in the slot, and if Buffalo has shown any interest. I think he could end up being one of the better WRs in this class, he suffered from bad QB play throughout his college career, it's going to be interesting to see what he can do in the league.

DraftBoy
04-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Oooooo ask Price if he thinks he's better fir on the outside or in the slot, and if Buffalo has shown any interest. I think he could end up being one of the better WRs in this class, he suffered from bad QB play throughout his college career, it's going to be interesting to see what he can do in the league.

I can't ask about specific teams showing interest but I will ask him about if any teams have shown interest and if he chooses to share some specifics about who he has spoken with then I am happy to take that down.

JCBills
04-06-2010, 05:27 PM
I can't ask about specific teams showing interest but I will ask him about if any teams have shown interest and if he chooses to share some specifics about who he has spoken with then I am happy to take that down.

Makes sense, thanks DB.