2. DET: Ndamukong Suh DT
3. TB: Gerald McCoy DT
4. WAS: Russell Okung OT
5. KC: Trent Williams OT
6. SEA: Bryan Bulaga OT
7. CLE: Eric Berry S
8. OAK: Anthony Davis OT
9. BUF: Jimmy Clausen QB

There is no way I feel like they should reach for an OT if this is the way it plays out. I can see either Clausen, Spiller, Bryant, or D. Williams being the pick here. But in my opinion, if you have a QB that highly rated on your board, you roll the dice and hope that Gailey/Cortez can make him the next franchise QB since Jim.

Bill Cody
04-04-2010, 07:59 PM
no

hydro
04-04-2010, 08:01 PM
no

Dr. Lecter
04-04-2010, 08:01 PM
No, please no, to Clausen.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2010, 08:03 PM
The thing here is that if Clausen falls so will Tim Tebow.

TacklingDummy
04-04-2010, 08:03 PM
I hope Clausen turns out to be a superstar.

bumblin
04-04-2010, 08:04 PM
the biggest stumbling block to clausen in buffalo is buffalo

mel kiper's been saying that the bills are looking to wait until the 2nd to pick a qb, and i wouldn't be surprised if raulph doesnt want to pay top 10 qb money

heres hoping it does happen though

jamze132
04-04-2010, 08:07 PM
The thing here is that if Clausen falls so will Tim Tebow.
Nope. I still see Washington taking Tebow in RD2.

T-Long
04-04-2010, 08:09 PM
the biggest stumbling block to clausen in buffalo is buffalo

mel kiper's been saying that the bills are looking to wait until the 2nd to pick a qb, and i wouldn't be surprised if raulph doesnt want to pay top 10 qb money

heres hoping it does happen though
Kiper is saying that because he believes Trent Williams will fall to the Bills at 9. If that is the case, I have no problem with them taking him there. I think he will be a much better RT in the league then a LT, but I'm not an expert. That is why Kiper believes the Bills will address it in Round 2. But my question is, who do you expect to be there at #41 that would be worth it? Colt McCoy and Tebow should probably be gone....so I'm taking it that they will go with LaFevour or Pike? Yikes.

Ebenezer
04-04-2010, 08:11 PM
I still think Clausen goes to Cleveland or Oakland and will be gone by the Bills pick.

Bill Cody
04-04-2010, 08:12 PM

We all do if we draft him. Personally I hope we don't have to worry about it.

BILLSROCK1212
04-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I still think Clausen goes to Cleveland or Oakland and will be gone by the Bills pick.
Oakland for sure, if not Buffalo.

Dicknoze69
04-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Doesn't it worry anyone else that Mike Shanahan basically said "no" to Jimmy Clausen and instead gave up draft picks for an older vet who only has one year left on his contract?

psubills62
04-04-2010, 08:21 PM

Yeah, I still think Clausen will go before Buffalo picks. It's also hard to believe that Seattle truly believes their QB situation is solved with Whitehurst in town.

PECKERWOOD
04-04-2010, 08:21 PM

We will regret it if we pass on Clausen.

SirMcGee
04-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Better than Spiller at 9

lordofgun
04-04-2010, 08:29 PM
Doesn't it worry anyone else that Mike Shanahan basically said "no" to Jimmy Clausen and instead gave up draft picks for an older vet who only has one year left on his contract?
The guy who loved Jake Plummer and Jay Cutler? Not at all.

homeslice5484
04-04-2010, 08:30 PM
we cannot take a RB or WR at 9....we have too many needs including OT and QB...then DT (which i think we can fill in round 2/3) and LB...then depth

SirMcGee
04-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I'm not a huge fan of Clausen but I guess I wouldn't mind as long as we don't start him immediately.

mrbojanglezs
04-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Oakland for sure, if not Buffalo.

no chance, they have a lot of money tied up with russel and they aren't going to fork over another big contract for an unproven qb....they were willing to trade a 2nd for a proven pro bowl vet.....big difference

SquishDaFish
04-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Clausen is going to be a very good to great QB in the NFL IMO

NOT THE DUDE...
04-04-2010, 08:42 PM
the whole premise is off that clausen will slip, the browns could easily take clausen, i dont think the raiders would invest that much in clausen and russell, but they could just outright cut russell...

YardRat
04-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I don't think Clausen will be there at 9 either.

Beebe's Kid
04-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Is Clausen to his former coach not a considerations at all?

I have not seen one person suggesting that he goes to KC. I know there are several holes there, but really, Cassel is not that good...and they would be smart to get out of that cluster **** as soon as possible. If Clausen is the second coming, wouldn't the new OC want the guy he has groomed for the last 3 years?

Buffalogic
04-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Please god someone trade up to get Clausen before the 9th pick!! I'm shattered and dumbfounded by the Mcnabb to skins trade and if we draft Clausen I'll just turn into a pile of sad, sad goo.

DMBcrew36
04-04-2010, 09:20 PM

He won't if he comes here

DraftBoy
04-04-2010, 10:21 PM
I think Clausen being there at 9 is about 80% chance and I think him being there at 10 is about a 75% chance.

BillsWin
04-04-2010, 10:50 PM

They could be going for the win now mentality. Uncapped year, a big splash at head coach and now QB. With a potential lock out looming? Maybe Snyder is just trying to do everything in his power to win now.

BillsWin
04-04-2010, 10:51 PM
I wouldn't mind Clausen at nine. As long as we get him protection. Gaither or Saffold with our second pick and I would be happy with how we used our first two picks.

PECKERWOOD
04-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Clausen is going to be a very good to great QB in the NFL IMO

You really do got to love how he buys time in the pocket, he has a unique ability when it comes to feeling pressure.

Mr. Pink
04-04-2010, 11:00 PM
I think Claussen being available at 20 is 99%

Every year some guy falls and falls...

This year, that will be Claussen.

Commissioner
04-04-2010, 11:17 PM
Scouting Report on Clausen from draftcountdown.com.

Weaknesses:
Borderline ****y and entitled with a personality that rubs some people the wrong way --- Not a great athlete --- Can be overly cautious and too quick to check down, throw the ball away or take a sack --- Has to windup to really zip the ball --- Floats the deep ball at times --- Might not have a ton of upside --- Is still maturing --- Durability is a concern.

Sounds like a perfect blend of Trent Edwards and JP Losman.... maybe he's the only guy that can unite the Losman and Edwards fans.

SaviorEdwards
04-05-2010, 12:26 AM
I hope so, because I want to laugh when Buddy and Chan pass on him. No way in hell we take Closman.

rcd333
04-05-2010, 12:36 AM
I feel like clausen will fall just like quinn did.
Maybe we'll be just like Cleavland that year and draft a tackle and trade back up into the first round to get him.

Demon
04-05-2010, 12:55 AM
Bills won't pick him at #9. You guys are crazy. Washington by trading for McNabb pretty much realized that. Clausen will take a Aaron Rodgers type drop and i think the Bills will try to do everything in their powers to trade up and get Clausen late 1st round. I doubt they will succeed but theres NO WAY they pick him at #9.

Do you guys realize how much $$$$ goes into a QB picked that high?

ChristopherWalken
04-05-2010, 07:41 AM
The great thing about this list is that more than likely the Bills will have one of these guys fall into their lap.

My money is on one of the OTs droping to 9. I think that from TB on down to Buffalo are all in need of a decent QB and all of them will take a good long look at Clausen.

1. STL: Sam Bradford QB

Night Train
04-05-2010, 01:27 PM
He may fall into Nix's lap but Nix may tell him to " Go find your Daddy " and pick a LT or Spiller.

Ingtar33
04-05-2010, 01:31 PM
what people aren't talking about is this move by washington gives us a ray of hope for Sam
Bradford. if St.Louis passes on him suddenly a trade up to 5 or 6 or 7 becomes possible.

The Jokeman
04-05-2010, 02:10 PM
With the acquisition of Mcnabb in Washington, I see the draft going as follows:

If the board fell like that then I'd take Dez Bryant. As it give us a development #1 WR and allow us to take a LT candidate in Round 2 and maybe find a QB in the later rounds. If said QB doesn't show anything in 2010 then take a QB in Round 1 of 2011. As I'd rather fill other holes then QB. As to me a QB is more a product then the surrounding cast then vice versa. See Matt Sanchez vs Matt Stafford vs Josh Freeman last year. They all had similar stats but Sanchez "won" more because the Jets arguably had a better cast around him.

Michael82
04-05-2010, 02:19 PM
what people aren't talking about is this move by washington gives us a ray of hope for Sam
Bradford. if St.Louis passes on him suddenly a trade up to 5 or 6 or 7 becomes possible.

That's the best scenario yet! :drool:

psubills62
04-05-2010, 02:29 PM

While I would love that, what are the chances St. Louis actually passes on Bradford, in your opinion? At this point, I wouldn't get my hopes up on it, personally.

YardRat
04-05-2010, 02:31 PM
We don't have a snowball's chance in hell of getting Bradford...If he falls through the first four, somebody is going to give up a boatload to move into KC or Seattle's spot, and it isn't going to be us (nor should it).

Nighthawk
04-05-2010, 05:14 PM
I don't know why, but I'd just rather have Colt McCoy. He's a proven winner and he just seems like he has the "it" factor.

Lefty2985
04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
ralph was willing to pay mcnabb so i wouldnt be surprised seeing him willing to for clausen.

X-Era
04-05-2010, 06:02 PM

There is no way I feel like they should reach for an OT if this is the way it plays out. I can see either Clausen, Spiller, Bryant, or D. Williams being the pick here. But in my opinion, if you have a QB that highly rated on your board, you roll the dice and hope that Gailey/Cortez can make him the next franchise QB since Jim.

1) Washington wont take him, they will take an OT
2) KC wont take him, they didnt pay that much to Cassell for nothing
3) Seattle might take him, but I could see them taking an OT or a surprise like Spiller over Clausen
4) Browns could easily take him. Delhomme is worth little at this point.
5) Cant see Oakland taking him. They need a OT, they have a ton invested in Russell.

To me, this whole thing hinges on the Browns at 7. If he falls below them, hes there for us.

I'm split on whether I want him or not. I like what he did in the 4th quarter in many games this year. But, I still don't feel solid enough about his play.

Dying_-2-_Live
04-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Getting Bradford would instantly become the best draft pick since Bruce Smith

Getting Clausen would be pretty awesome aswell

X-Era
04-05-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't know why, but I'd just rather have Colt McCoy. He's a proven winner and he just seems like he has the "it" factor.

I actually agree with this. He underrated. Hes a better thrower than he gets credit for and he has a hard-nosed approach where he wont quit. I could see himbeing very solid early.

I think he might become a late 1st rounder and, without a trade, a move up is the only way to get him.

Nighthawk
04-05-2010, 08:25 PM
I actually agree with this. He underrated. Hes a better thrower than he gets credit for and he has a hard-nosed approach where he wont quit. I could see himbeing very solid early.

I think he might become a late 1st rounder and, without a trade, a move up is the only way to get him.

I agree...it looks like it would take us moving up late into the 1st round to get him.

SaviorEdwards
04-06-2010, 03:08 AM

I wouldn't mind him either. Lets just stick with the ABC draft strategy (Anyone But Closman)

SABURZFAN
04-06-2010, 03:42 AM

and the T-Long lovefest for Clausen continues..... :crazy: