PDA

View Full Version : Jason Campbell will be cut or dealt

Bmax
04-04-2010, 08:47 PM
With Mcnabb coming to to the skins and Grossman on the roster.. Cambell is gone.. The Raiders, Bills and Panthers could be suitors ? If Clausen and Tebow are gone draft day should we make a move for a 3rd or 4th rd pick...?

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3137

BMAX

YardRat
04-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I'm sure Buffalo is being written up as a possible landing spot by all the talking heads as we speak.

buffalobillsfan95
04-04-2010, 08:53 PM
if we take cambell that means no clausen, i would rather take a chance on clausen instead of cambell because cambell is a bust, and clausen is unproven

trapezeus
04-04-2010, 08:59 PM
if we take a cut campbell, i don't think that means we won't look at a draft QB.

Campbell for free is a risk free move. that being said, i don't necessarily want him. he's no different than edwards in my mind.

Beebe's Kid
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
if we take cambell that means no clausen, i would rather take a chance on clausen instead of cambell because cambell is a bust, and clausen is unproven

What do you consider a bust? First of all, his name is Campbell, and he is pretty ****ing far from a bust. He has played for a different coordinator every year he has been in the league, and he still has good numbers. He is way better than any other option we have available.

lmcshadow
04-04-2010, 09:09 PM
if we take a cut campbell, i don't think that means we won't look at a draft QB.

Campbell for free is a risk free move. that being said, i don't necessarily want him. he's no different than edwards in my mind.
Anybody who play behind a hideous line like that of the Skins wont do well.. And not using this as an excuse but Cambell has been tossed back an d forth his whole career with differnt offenses and different coaches...I feel with a effective system set in place, cambell will be fine...Look at the more efficient QB today..Brady Manning to name a few..same coaches same system.Remember when Manning made a big fuss about the coaching when Dungy left..

Goobylal
04-04-2010, 09:10 PM
They won't have to cut him. He's a RFA who hasn't signed his tender, so they'll just remove it if they find no trade partners, and he'll become an UFA.

OpIv37
04-04-2010, 09:17 PM
Anybody who play behind a hideous line like that of the Skins wont do well.. And not using this as an excuse but Cambell has been tossed back an d forth his whole career with differnt offenses and different coaches...I feel with a effective system set in place, cambell will be fine...Look at the more efficient QB today..Brady Manning to name a few..same coaches same system.Remember when Manning made a big fuss about the coaching when Dungy left..

We have a ****ty line, and if Campbell came here, he'd be forced to learn yet ANOTHER new offense. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

I live in the DC area and I get inundated with Redskins coverage. To be fair to Campbell, the Redskins organization mismanaged the situation and doomed him to failure for reasons largely outside of his control. But the damage is done. This guy doesn't have it, or if he did have it at one point, the Redskins beat it out of him.

I'm with Trap- if the Redskins straight up cut him and we can sign him cheap, it's a no-risk move so it's worth a shot. But there is absolutely no guarantee that he'd be any better than what we already have, so it would be insanely stupid to give up any sort of compensation for him whatsoever (unless they want Keith Ellison in a straight up swap- I'd take that in a heartbeat).

tampabay25690
04-04-2010, 09:19 PM

Why is Campbell a BUST?
The guy is young he broke his leg..
He played under how many Offenseive coordinator's?

I wouldnt call him a bust yet..

OpIv37
04-04-2010, 09:22 PM
for the last time people, if Campbell comes here HE'LL BE LEARNING YET ANOTHER NEW SYSTEM UNDER YET ANOTHER NEW COORDINATOR.

You can defend Campbell all day because of his injury and because of how the Redskins treated him, but one thing is for sure: learning new systems quickly is not his strength.

And let's face it- Buffalo doesn't have a very good track record when it comes to coaching stability.

Bringing Campbell here just makes no sense.

OpIv37
04-04-2010, 09:25 PM

I'd rather do neither, build the D and the OL, and worry about QB next off-season.

But, I agree that I'd rather have Clausen than Campbell at this point, and I'm not at all sold on Clausen. I am, however, convinced that Campbell is damaged goods.

OpIv37
04-04-2010, 09:31 PM
The fact that we're even entertaining this conversation shows just how desperate this franchise is for a QB.

Desperate moves do not produce results. See Bledsoe, Drew.

JCBills
04-04-2010, 09:44 PM
I'd take Campbell in a heartbeat.

He's gotten better every year, hasn't exactly had great WRs or OLs, several OCs, and so on. I think he could do well under Gailey. He's put up impressive numbers considering his situation.

BertSquirtgum
04-04-2010, 10:03 PM
they would be dumb to cut him. he is a great #2.

clumping platelets
04-04-2010, 10:23 PM
Campbell > Edwards

TMu11
04-05-2010, 05:02 AM
I would be very happy with Campbell..

Well..... happier

X-Era
04-05-2010, 05:48 AM
I'm sure Buffalo is being written up as a possible landing spot by all the talking heads as we speak.

I have less than zero interest in him... Id rather move to 4 for Bradford if the Rams pass on him.

TacklingDummy
04-05-2010, 05:49 AM
Looks like the majority of the fan base would be ok with the Bills signing Campbell. Not surprising considering the fan base also backed Johnson, Bledsoe, Van Pelt, and Losman.

God, I feel that some people deserve what they get.

JCBills
04-05-2010, 05:53 AM
I have less than zero interest in him... Id rather move to 4 for Bradford if the Rams pass on him.

Cost way too much, not worth it.

JCBills
04-05-2010, 05:59 AM
Looks like the majority of the fan base would be ok with the Bills signing Campbell. Not surprising considering the fan base also backed Johnson, Bledsoe, Van Pelt, and Losman.

God, I feel that some people deserve what they get.

A cheap upgrade at QB, someone who can start 16 games, throw for over 300 in a game and 3,500 in a season? I honestly don't see the big fuss, Campbell would instantly make us better.

People were ready to ship half of our draft picks for 33 year old McNabb. If they remove the offer on Campbell and he becomes a UFA it seams like an easy decision to approach him.

Yasgur's Farm
04-05-2010, 06:10 AM
Campbell is a perfect fit for the Bills. Completes over 61% (64.5% in '09), thrown for over 3000 yards the last 2 seasons (3618 in '09), has never thrown more INT's than TD's in a season (20 TD's in '09)... I could go on.

Come here Jason Campbell... Some of these people just like to hear themselves *****.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-05-2010, 07:08 AM
Well the way I see it, Jason Campbell is kind of a good fit for Buffalo.
1) He won't command huge money.
2) Noone will wonder why you still draft a QB in the middle of the draft...give me Zac Robinson, Dan LeFevour or Tony Pike please.
3) For those who say he will have to learn another offense...remember that all the other QBs on our roster will have to do the same. And none have shown to be great at this either.
4) If you had to pick one guy to win one game for you, can you honestly say you would pick Edwards, Fitzpatrick or Brohm over Campbell. No.

ChristopherWalken
04-05-2010, 07:13 AM
NO to Campbell. We already have 3 just like him on the roster.

TigerJ
04-05-2010, 07:22 AM
If the price is right, I'd certainly look at acquiring Campbell.

TMu11
04-05-2010, 07:39 AM
A cheap upgrade at QB, someone who can start 16 games, throw for over 300 in a game and 3,500 in a season? I honestly don't see the big fuss, Campbell would instantly make us better.

People were ready to ship half of our draft picks for 33 year old McNabb. If they remove the offer on Campbell and he becomes a UFA it seams like an easy decision to approach him.

I think people are looking at this as a permanent solution to our QB problem. I think he would be a great stop-gap solution until we can develop, or bring in a higher quality player.

In fact I'm not against bringing in ANYBODY. For all I care we can bring back Jay Riemersma and put him into the mix. Nothing can hurt our situation any more than it already is.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-05-2010, 07:46 AM
NO to Campbell. We already have 3 just like him on the roster.

Wait how do we have even 1 QB like Campbell on our roster? The last two years, on very mediocre teams, he has thrown for over 3000 yds and his rating was over 84 both of those years. Played all 16 games too.

Trent Edwards? Never threw for 3000 yards, never played 16 games
Did have one year with a 85 rating, I will give you that.

Fitzy? He has never had a rating over 70. Has not come close to yardage or games played because he is a backup (and will be the rest of his career).
Brohm? Silly to even discuss.

So while I will agree that Campbell is not a hall of famer, he certainly has had more production at the NFL level, and would be an upgrade.