PDA

View Full Version : With Mcnabb traded....

Buffalogic
04-04-2010, 09:29 PM
With Mcnabb traded to the skins we're definitely in for another stab in the heart shock pick at number 9. I can't take this!! One of the following scenarios will happen and NONE ARE GOOD!

If the bills take Clausen at 9 I'm going to puke. Then cry. Then puke again. If they don't take Clausen, they are going to take Tebow at 9! Both of which are horrendous but I actually think Tebow is the lesser of two super evils.

If that doesn't happen we're going to get Jason Campbell! Yuck!!! Then we will have four backup qbs vying for our starting role. Joy.

The McNabb to the skins thing is one of several more gut punches to come in the following weeks.

Be prepared for disappointment! I'm sad already!

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-04-2010, 09:32 PM
yep, the world is ending
clauson may be great
tebow may be great
clauson may suck
tebow may suck
who the hell knows
dont sweat it... nothing yoiu can do about it anyway

JCBills
04-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Why would a 2nd-3rd rounder be taken at 9?

Buffalogic
04-04-2010, 09:41 PM
Why would a 2nd-3rd rounder be taken at 9?Are you unaware of Buffalo's reaching past? Nothing is what it seems in Buffalo. They'll take Whitner instead of Ngata and Mccargo instead of Mangold. Then for an encore they will hit ya with Aaron Maybin.

YardRat
04-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I honestly don't think the McNabb move changes the team's draft strategy at all. I also don't want Clausen or Tebow, but then again I'm not sure the team is really high enough on either to take them at 9. I'm going to wait and give the benefit of the doubt that Nix and Co won't reach, as the other guys have in the past, until they prove me wrong.

JCBills
04-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Are you unaware of Buffalo's reaching past? Nothing is what it seems in Buffalo. They'll take Whitner instead of Ngata and Mccargo instead of Mangold. Then for an encore they will hit ya with Aaron Maybin.

Nix and Whaley run the draft show, totally different situation now.

Buffalogic
04-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Nix and Whaley run the draft show, totally different situation now.It's hard to turn away from what's been force fed to you after awhile..

And I don't believe it's fair to say Tebow is a 2nd-3rd rounder because I think the reality is that he will be a 1st round pick. Some team will make him a 1st rounder I just pray it's not the bills!

For the record though I'd take Tebow before Clausen...Clausen has bust written all over him, at least that's what I see.

JCBills
04-04-2010, 10:00 PM
It's hard to turn away from what's been force fed to you after awhile..

And I don't believe it's fair to say Tebow is a 2nd-3rd rounder because I think the reality is that he will be a 1st round pick. Some team will make him a 1st rounder I just pray it's not the bills!

For the record though I'd take Tebow before Clausen...Clausen has bust written all over him, at least that's what I see.

There's a difference between someone deciding to take him towards the end of the 1st because they have an established QB to sit him behind (GB with Rodgers sitting behind Favre) for a while, and taking him in the top 10.

Buffalogic
04-04-2010, 10:08 PM
There's a difference between someone deciding to take him towards the end of the 1st because they have an established QB to sit him behind (GB with Rodgers sitting behind Favre) for a while, and taking him in the top 10.You are what you are though. When a team takes him with their first rounder, then that's what he is. The bills could fear another team trading up in late 20's to take their beloved Tebow and may not want to risk that...

I just hope I don't have to say I told you so.

JCBills
04-04-2010, 10:18 PM
You are what you are though. When a team takes him with their first rounder, then that's what he is. The bills could fear another team trading up in late 20's to take their beloved Tebow and may not want to risk that...

I just hope I don't have to say I told you so.

Yeah, if he's taken there, I'm saying his value isn't 1st round.

mark1126
04-04-2010, 10:35 PM
If trent were on notre dame, do you think clausen could beat him out? probably not, so how will clausen beat out trent in buffalo?

JCBills
04-05-2010, 05:54 AM
If trent were on notre dame, do you think clausen could beat him out? probably not, so how will clausen beat out trent in buffalo?

Rofl what?

tampabay25690
04-05-2010, 06:22 AM
Why would a 2nd-3rd rounder be taken at 9?

WHO CLAUSEN????? :nervous:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-05-2010, 06:46 AM
It's hard to believe that the Bills were banking on landing McNabb. To think that Nix and Co. don't understand the NFL landscape and where the Bills fit in is just silly I guess. That said, I am very thankful that this deal did not happen just a few days prior to the draft. This gives the Bills front office time to calm down and not make any moves that are a reaction to missing on McNabb.

In the final analysis, it is absolutely foolish for ANYONE to have faith that this organization will get this draft right. It would be a minor miracle if our first rounder becomes a good player, period. Let's pray they can trade down.

don137
04-05-2010, 06:53 AM
I think this means Claussen will not be drafted by the Skins and almost assures they will take a tackle to upgrade the line.
For those wanting one of the top three tackles at #9 this hurts the Bills chances of landing one of them.
For those wanting Claussen this helps his chances to fall to #9.
Personally I want one of the top 3 tackles at #9.