PDA

View Full Version : I am not mad AT ALL that we didn't get Mcnabb

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2010, 07:51 AM
I wouldn't have been pissed to get him but when you think about it just didn't make any sense.

With this complete overhaul should come with a young QB drafted to build around for years to come, whether that be this or next year. Why get an aging veteran on the downside of his career?

buffalobillsfan95
04-05-2010, 07:57 AM
it probaly would of been like the T.O move, just for tickets, more merchandise purchases, and fans would be satisfied

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
04-05-2010, 07:57 AM
Yeah, I think you are thinking in the right terms.

Rebuilding for another 3-4 years is just a really tough pill to swallow.
It seems to me that the core of players we have now are good enough to contend if we make some savvy moves, and have decent play from the QB position--and many of these guys will be gone by the time we develop a QB.

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2010, 08:01 AM
Yeah, I think you are thinking in the right terms.

Rebuilding for another 3-4 years is just a really tough pill to swallow.
It seems to me that the core of players we have now are good enough to contend if we make some savvy moves, and have decent play from the QB position--and many of these guys will be gone by the time we develop a QB.
Yep and it makes it especially hard to swallow when we have been rebuilding for the last 10 years and it got us no where. I say lets do it again and do it the right way for once. I have waited this long....

ddaryl
04-05-2010, 08:02 AM
I agree... I'm more interested in fixing the trenches 1st. Then the QB position has a chance IMO...

M
04-05-2010, 08:06 AM
I was never a McNabb fan so I'm glad he went elsewhere. Plus, the FO already said we are rebuilding but you don't rebuild with a guy on the downside of his career.

OpIv37
04-05-2010, 08:20 AM
With our lack of an offensive line and lack of WR's, I don't think McNabb would have been successful here.

The only thing that bothers me: he didn't want to come here. A lot of players do not want to play in Buffalo (McGahee, Darwin Walker, Tony Gonzales, McNabb, maybe Lynch- and those are just the ones we know about) and it's a really disturbing trend.

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2010, 08:31 AM
With our lack of an offensive line and lack of WR's, I don't think McNabb would have been successful here.

The only thing that bothers me: he didn't want to come here. A lot of players do not want to play in Buffalo (McGahee, Darwin Walker, Tony Gonzales, McNabb, maybe Lynch- and those are just the ones we know about) and it's a really disturbing trend.
It is because we suck and have sucked for 10 years.

OpIv37
04-05-2010, 08:33 AM
It is because we suck and have sucked for 10 years.

I think it's more than that. I think it's the way the team is managed and the way players are treated (which has a lot to do with why we've sucked for the last 10 years).

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2010, 08:35 AM
I think it's more than that. I think it's the way the team is managed and the way players are treated (which has a lot to do with why we've sucked for the last 10 years).
True as well.

I hope the new regime changes that perception and reality.

Jan Reimers
04-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Yeah, we don't want an All Pro QB. Let's get Jason friggin' Campbell instead.

THATHURMANATOR
04-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Yeah, we don't want an All Pro QB. Let's get Jason friggin' Campbell instead.
Don't think it had anything to do with want.

Mcnabb's stats weren't that much better than Campbell's last year and he was on a much better team.

TonyIncredible
04-05-2010, 09:21 PM
me either i really didn't want him to begin with but if we were to land him i wouldn't of been disappointed either.

YardRat
04-05-2010, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't have minded McNabb coming here to stabilize the position short-term (2-3 years) and give us some breathing room to groom a new young guy. He would've given us a little better shot at balancing 'rebuild and win in the future' with 'win now'.

JCBills
04-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm relieved we didn't screw our draft for a fossil at QB.

Romes
04-06-2010, 01:17 AM
I'm not so dissapointed either. I also would not be thrilled with with Campbell unless he came for cheap (5th or 6th rd pick). I really don't want us to throw away high draft picks at QB's like we have in the recent past. It has really made it difficult for us to get the talent we need at other positions. Let's build the talent base on this team and not reach for a QB. If Tebow or Claussen drop further then expected then I don't mind taking a chance. But we don't need a QB this year.

Buffalogic
04-06-2010, 02:06 AM
If you are going to get traded and you have an option of where you'd rather go, the chance to play your old team would factor into your decision. It's not so much he didn't want to come to Buffalo as it is that he wants to play against the eagles and prove by beating them head to head that they made a terrible decision choosing Kolb over him.

And saying McNabb wouldn't work because we need a 'huge overhaul' is a cop out. Miami bouncing back from a 1-15 season to make the playoffs is an example that years of rebuilding or your 'huge overhaul' isn't a certainty in today's NFL like some of your choose to believe.

jamze132
04-06-2010, 04:05 AM
You are exactly right. Hopefully that trend will be reversed with the new regime, but sadly, I don't think we will see major results until we make consistent playoff run and the old man is out of the way.

TacklingDummy
04-06-2010, 05:43 AM
Why get an aging veteran on the downside of his career?
Because he has more of a future than any QB on the Bills roster and more than Campbell?

TacklingDummy
04-06-2010, 05:46 AM
I agree... I'm more interested in fixing the trenches 1st. Then the QB position has a chance IMO...
You can build the trenches for years and it won't matter until you get a real QB.

THATHURMANATOR
04-06-2010, 08:27 AM
You can build the trenches for years and it won't matter until you get a real QB.
:bf1:

I also don't think are trenches are that far off either. 1 LT and we are fine.

JCBills
04-06-2010, 04:19 PM
:bf1:

I also don't think are trenches are that far off either. 1 LT and we are fine.

I think the trenches are still a ways off, but I've been saying for months that Jamon Meredith has a very good chance of opening some eyes and landing the LT spot. We'll still probably take a tackle in the first 3 rounds, but the cliche "all the physical tools" fits Meredith all too well.

We're still (give or take) 2 NTs, 1-2 DEs, a C/G or two, and you can kinda count LOLB as the trenches too. Still a lot to do.

THATHURMANATOR
04-06-2010, 04:21 PM
I think the trenches are still a ways off, but I've been saying for months that Jamon Meredith has a very good chance of opening some eyes and landing the LT spot. We'll still probably take a tackle in the first 3 rounds, but the cliche "all the physical tools" fits Meredith all too well.

We're still (give or take) 2 NTs, 1-2 DEs, a C/G or two, and you can kinda count LOLB as the trenches too. Still a lot to do.
So if this holds true then how could we possible be far of in the trenches on the offensive side of the ball? What position would need addressed?

JCBills
04-06-2010, 05:12 PM
So if this holds true then how could we possible be far of in the trenches on the offensive side of the ball? What position would need addressed?

Cornell Green isn't that good, or at least he wasn't in Oakland. It could be a Langston Walker scenario where an Oakland OT comes to Buffalo and plays well, but who knows. Even if he does give Buffalo solid play, he's 33, with backup Chambers at 31.

OT is a need, but like we're saying if Meredith pans out (he's physically freakish), that pegs RT as a need, either depth or starter (based on Green's play). C is a need too, I think Hangartner fits best as a team's go-to guy coming off the bench for all interior line spots when the starters get a breather. He did very well in that role in Carolina. If Wood is able to come back 100%, I'm hoping the new FO moves him back to his natural position of C, which would put G as a need, and quality players can be found in the mid rounds.

Night Train
04-07-2010, 07:07 AM
1 LT and we are fine.

Wrong.

Wood had a compound fracture and all the glowing reports shouldn't stop the Bills from drafting depth at G, just in case. He may not be fully ready for the season. That pick could come on Saturday.

They could also use another C and another RT on top of the LT need. The signing of Green at RT was a transition move only.

There is lots more work to be done on the OL and it may take this draft and next years also before it has enough quality depth.

We've been fooling ourselves for over 10 years, in regards to the OL quality. No more.