PDA

View Full Version : out of curiousity: a world with Cowher and Mcnabb

trapezeus
04-05-2010, 11:19 AM
If the bills had Cowher and got Mcnabb in the trade, what would your take on this team be?

This is just for a hypothetical discussion.

I think I would be excited with Cowher, and Mcnabb, i'd be neither here nor there.

I think Mcnabb is injury prone and that we need a line. But if cowher and the powers that be decided they could find a good line in the draft, i'd buy it.

As much as i wanted Cowher, Gailey is growing on me for the simple reason that he doesn't sound like jauron. He seems to have a plan. Lets see how his draft goes.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Pure fantasy. It's not even a coulda woulda. We heavily pursued both of them and neither of them wanted to come here.

BILLSROCK1212
04-05-2010, 11:24 AM
If the Bills drafted Tom Brady, signed Bellichick, kept Polian, Polian drafted Peyton Manning, and we drafted Andre Johnson....this team would be pretty damn good

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 11:26 AM
As much as i wanted Cowher, Gailey is growing on me for the simple reason that he doesn't sound like jauron. He seems to have a plan. Lets see how his draft goes.
:phew: Sounds better. Your doom and gloom posts were getting old.

Mr. Miyagi
04-05-2010, 11:29 AM
If the Bills drafted Tom Brady, signed Bellichick, kept Polian, Polian drafted Peyton Manning, and we drafted Andre Johnson....this team would be pretty damn good
We would've had a QB controversy. :ill:

trapezeus
04-05-2010, 12:07 PM
:phew: Sounds better. Your doom and gloom posts were getting old.

I'm not doom and gloom. The team is doom and gloom. They just find a way to get worse at every single turn.

but this offseason, is the first offseason where it feels like it is in capable hands. We will see what the draft produces...if its like 2009 but with a good 1st round pick, i'll be excited to watch a core develop and a team with heart.

that's all i want out of 2010...everything else will be gravy

OpIv37
04-05-2010, 12:09 PM
it's tough to say and if we put Cowher in charge of this current cluster****, he'd be lucky to squeeze an extra win or two out of them.

That being said, FA might have looked very different under Cowher, and my guess is the team would look much more promising with him here.

In terms of McNabb, it would have to depend on what tools they put around him. Right now, the rest of our O is so bad that I don't see any way McNabb could succeed here at this point in his career.

YardRat
04-05-2010, 12:11 PM
Don't kid yourselves...some people would be posting Super Bowl threads.