PDA

View Full Version : Campbell for Trent straight up.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Campbell has the arm for buffalo while Trent is more of a WCO qb.

I still say we bring in another qb anyways.

thoughts

Night Train
04-05-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm giving Brohm a chance for 1 year, in addition to adding QB's.

I wish to eliminate Edwards completely from any equation.

TacklingDummy
04-05-2010, 06:58 PM

thoughts
Old trash for new trash, no thanks.

Trent is our backup, draft Clausen and let him start from Day 1. QB's don't learn anything on the bench.

Jaybird
04-05-2010, 07:00 PM

Trent is our backup, draft Clausen and let him start from Day 1. QB's don't learn anything on the bench.
can you provide some proof with that?

cause i could drop a few names, Steve Young, Mcnair and Rogers

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 07:01 PM
I'm giving Brohm a chance for 1 year, in addition to adding QB's.

I wish to eliminate Edwards completely from any equation.

I don't mind Brohm but I'm simply talking Trent vs. Campbell. They both ave to learn a new system anyways but which would you prefer ?

Dying_-2-_Live
04-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Washington would want nothing to do with Edwards

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 07:02 PM

I'm all for bringing in another qb.

TacklingDummy
04-05-2010, 07:03 PM
And I can drop a few names, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Rodney Peete, Joey Harrington.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Washington would want nothing to do with Edwards

No one really thought McNabb would be traded within the division either.

Would you pull such a trade?

TacklingDummy
04-05-2010, 07:04 PM
I'm all for bringing in another qb.
Me too but ones that actually might help the Bills this year and in the future. Campbell does neither.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 07:07 PM
Me too but ones that actually might help the Bills this year and in the future. Campbell does neither.

the question is , who would make a better back up between Campbell or Trent is what I'm trying to get at. Who would you rather have at camp? Neither is not an answer because one of them will be there.

TacklingDummy
can you provide some proof with that?

Oh you meant that they were on the bench behind legends named Montana and Farve. Like they had any chance of starting. They weren't on the bench because they weren't ready, they were on the bench because of who was in front of them.

TacklingDummy
the question is , who would make a better back up between Campbell or Trent is what I'm trying to get at. Who would you rather have at camp? Neither is not an answer because one of them will be there.
Trent because I don't want Campbell anywhere near the Bills.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 07:09 PM
Trent because I don't want Campbell anywhere near the Bills.

Even though Trent can't throw in the snow (some will argue he can't throw period) and can't stay healthy?

TacklingDummy
04-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Even though Trent can't throw in the snow (some will argue he can't throw period) and can't stay healthy?
Trent had 2 TD passes over 20 yards last year, Jason Campbell had 3 even though Campbell had 324 more pass attempts.

Campbell an upgrade over the trash the Bills already have? I think not.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Trent had 2 TD passes over 20 yards last year,.
one was garbage time to TO

TacklingDummy
04-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Rocket arm Jason: 507 attempts, 39 for over 20 yards, 302 pass attempts for less than 10 yards.

Noddle Arm Trent: 183 attempts, 21 for over 20 yards, 140 pass attempts for less than 10 yards.

If Trent is Captain Checkdown than Campbell is Commander Checkdown.

So much for that rocket arm.

TacklingDummy
04-05-2010, 07:20 PM
one was garbage time to TO
And Im sure 1 of Campbell 3 could be considered in garbage time.

Since when do you care about garbage time? JP made a living out of garbage time and you backed him so much some people thought you were JP.

ServoBillieves
04-05-2010, 07:20 PM
I'll answer the question straight up.

Yes. I would trade Edwards for Campbell. Campbell doesn't hear footsteps the second he gets buried in to the ground, and he can get outside the pocket rather than stand there and cower the second he sees someone get free.

That being said? I don't see either as the answer for this franchise unless Edwards can stop clamming up the second he gets a rough hit

zone
04-05-2010, 07:21 PM
I will take my chances with Trent learning a new system and regaining his confidence, over Campbell "learning" yet another new system any day.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Rocket arm Jason: 507 attempts, 39 for over 20 yards, 302 pass attempts for less than 10 yards.

Noddle Arm Trent: 183 attempts, 21 for over 20 yards, 140 pass attempts for less than 10 yards.

Campbell had nobody but Moss. Trent couldn't do anything with Lee and TO

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 07:26 PM
And Im sure 1 of Campbell 3 could be considered in garbage time.

Since when do you care about garbage time? JP made a living out of garbage time and you backed him so much some people thought you were JP.
JP has nothing to do with this. He's not with the team anymore.

I simply brought it out because you love to point out Schobels sacks as garbage time yet you don't have a problem with Trents garbage time.

TacklingDummy
04-05-2010, 07:28 PM
I simply brought it out because you love to point out Schobels sacks as garbage time yet you don't have a problem with Trents garbage time.
When they both suck, what's the point?

I thought you were comparing QB's, not QB to DE.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 07:30 PM
When they both suck, what's the point?

trying to find a better back up.

bigdog72ny
04-05-2010, 07:38 PM
what a stupid thread

THRILLHO
04-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Would I do that trade? No question. That sounds like a great deal for Buffalo. I cannot imagine why Washington would though.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 07:55 PM
what a stupid thread
you think the Lee Evans thread is better?

why don't you make a better thread?

YardRat
04-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Interesting concept.

Fitz should be gone. A rookie should be brought in. Hopefully Brohm gets better.

Brohm / Campbell / Rookie isn't much different than Brohm / Edwards / Rookie, so it comes down to a matter of the devil you know vs the devil you think you know, and hoping either Brohm steps up or the rookie eventually overtakes the starter (whoever that may be, not advocating Brohm to start just because he's listed first).

Our QB situation is such a mess, I might actually be willing to pull that trigger unless we have to throw in a draft pick.

bigdog72ny
04-05-2010, 08:11 PM
they were both stupid threads

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Interesting concept.

Fitz should be gone. A rookie should be brought in. Hopefully Brohm gets better.

Brohm / Campbell / Rookie isn't much different than Brohm / Edwards / Rookie, so it comes down to a matter of the devil you know vs the devil you think you know, and hoping either Brohm steps up or the rookie eventually overtakes the starter (whoever that may be, not advocating Brohm to start just because he's listed first).

Our QB situation is such a mess, I might actually be willing to pull that trigger unless we have to throw in a draft pick.

I doubt Shanahan would make such a trade but just wanted to see wat people think about who would be best suited as a back up here. No doubt in my mind Trent is better suited for the WCO.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
they were both stupid threads
so make one of your own then.

bigdog72ny
04-05-2010, 08:18 PM
ill make one when the situation makes sense to make one.not just throw stuff out there that isnt going to happen.

Thief
04-05-2010, 08:28 PM

Campbell, 20 tds. 1td for every 25 passes. A 4/3, td/int ratio. 1.25 tds per game.

Edwards, 6tds. 1 td for every 31 passes. A 6/7, td/int ratio. .75 tds per game.

Cambell's Completion % was higher, his yards per attempt was higher, his yards per completion was higher, his passer rating was higher.

But, IMO, the biggest difference is Campbell has been getting better each year while Edwards seems to have gotten worse.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 08:36 PM
ill make one when the situation makes sense to make one.not just throw stuff out there that isnt going to happen.

for someone who thinks it a crappy thread , you sure spend time to read and reply. Talk about stupid ...... posts

ChristopherWalken
04-05-2010, 08:51 PM
I'd much rather have the Bills gamble on Troy Smith.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-05-2010, 08:53 PM
i dont want another checkdown qb.... for gods sake....just draft tebow or mccoy in the 2nd or clausen in the 1st....

NOT THE DUDE...
04-05-2010, 08:56 PM
the only way i would be for campbell coming in is if the bills still draft a top qb like clausen, tebow, mccoy

EricStratton
04-05-2010, 08:57 PM
There is a pretty good chance Jason gets cut so the Bills can get him for nothing if they wait a week.

SABURZFAN
04-05-2010, 08:58 PM

thoughts

would YOU do that trade if you were running the Redskins? i sure as hell wouldn't.

SABURZFAN
04-05-2010, 09:03 PM

:roflmao:

i was thinking the same thing.

SABURZFAN
04-05-2010, 09:06 PM
JP has nothing to do with this. He's not with the team anymore.

but what he said is true though. nice punt on 1st down. :bf1:

SABURZFAN
04-05-2010, 09:13 PM
There is a pretty good chance Jason gets cut so the Bills can get him for nothing if they wait a week.

not if there's 3-4 teams interested.

justasportsfan
04-05-2010, 10:39 PM
would YOU do that trade if you were running the Redskins? i sure as hell wouldn't.DUH!!!!

I doubt Shanahan would make such a trade but just wanted to see wat people think about who would be best suited as a back up here. No doubt in my mind Trent is better suited for the WCO.

SABURZFAN
04-06-2010, 03:38 AM
what a stupid thread

there's been a lot of them lately.

TigerJ
04-06-2010, 12:38 PM
A change in scenery might benefit both QBs, but there is no possible way Washington would bite on that deal.

trapezeus
04-06-2010, 02:33 PM
i'd keep trent. in a backup roll, i think he's ideal. he rarely gets hurt in the first 3-4 weeks. so if he can be called in to dink and dunk for in his scared manner behind a decent line and has a team committed to running the ball, i think he can get the job done while a healthy guy is out injured.

this year isn't going to be the year of the QB. it's going to be the year of addressing everything else. What we have is what we have. i say ride them to the bottom again next year, but get a solid OL core

dannyek71
04-07-2010, 12:28 PM
Is this what passes for a thread now a days

justasportsfan
04-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Is this what passes for a thread now a days
yup, especially when there's nothing to talk about. Besides, you guys keep bumping it up.

SirMcGee
04-07-2010, 01:24 PM
How can anybody be arguing that one is better than the other? They both suck and suffer from the same exact problems.