PDA

View Full Version : Philly has the picks to move up...

jpdex12
04-05-2010, 11:11 PM
11 picks in the draft. Two 2nds, 3rds and 4ths. If we traded to their #24 we'd be looking at picking up their 2nd rounder #37 and their 4th rounder at #105. Points for draft picks this would equal out fairly. This would give us plenty of ammunition to fill holes of need on a team with holes to fill and depth to create.

The question is would it be worth having these two extra picks or taking a higher 1st round pick that could have better value? Depends on the OT's left at #9 and if Clausen is still there if he'd be worth it.

Personally, I think that we could find plenty of star players if we grabbed the extra picks. Go for it!

We'd end up with:
1st-#24
2nd-#37 and #41
3rd-#72
4th-#105 and #107

Ebenezer
04-05-2010, 11:14 PM
why would they give up all those valuable picks to get great depth to their already pretty good line up just to add one or two players? i wouldn't do it.

psubills62
04-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Well, it depends on who is there. If they happen to covet someone like Eric Berry and he gets to us at 9, they might look to trade up.

But at this point, it's doubtful.

Since nearly everything leading up to the draft is speculation, I'll play along. Most trades recently require less than the supposed "point value" for the team trading up. Usually the team trading down really wants to trade down and thus doesn't require as much in return. I think the Packers moved up 10 or more spots from the early 2nd to late first last year by just exchanging picks and two 6th-rounders.

Also, teams usually are loathe to trade away 2nd rounders when moving up. I would assume more like they would trade their 3rd and 5th to get to where we are.

If the Bills happened to do that...Honestly, they'd probably look to take one of the 2nd-tier OT's (Charles Brown, Rodger Saffold) at that spot, and just work at filling out the roster with the extra picks. Or maybe make a trade back up into the 2nd round with some of the extras (maybe a 3rd and a 6th for a mid to late 2nd round pick).

PECKERWOOD
04-05-2010, 11:50 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they looked to trade down, Andy Reid certainly strikes me as a guy who would do something like that, very Bill Walsh like.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
04-06-2010, 07:04 AM
Jauron will try to convince Philly to use half of those picks on DB's.

don137
04-06-2010, 08:48 AM
If they want Spiller or have a need for Mcclain and they are available at # 9 that could be attractive for them. They would have a dominant offense with Kolb, Spiller and Maclin.

Ickybaluky
04-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Philly may try to trade up, but I can't see them wanting to move up that far. Their biggest needs are OG, OLB, DE, S and CB. Given the depth in this draft, I could see them moving up into the teens for a CB, but I doubt they move higher.

The draft is very deep this year as several positions, which means fewer teams will want to trade up. It is more likely teams will be looking to trade down. When you throw in the money factor for high first round picks, it doesn't make any sense.