PDA

View Full Version : Lynch wants to be traded...

Commissioner
04-06-2010, 05:51 AM
NFL Network, citing the Buffalo News just said Lynch wants to be traded.... mentioned how he hasn't showed up for OTA's....

Good riddens....

TacklingDummy
04-06-2010, 05:53 AM
Should have been traded before last season started like I preached.

Commissioner
04-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Bills should bring in Westbrook now.... or draft CJ Spiller..

don137
04-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Bills fans and the team wanted Lynch to stay clean and play like he is capable of playing. Looks like that did not happen. Who cares what he wants. Maybe he Washington would take him for Campbell.

SABURZFAN
04-06-2010, 06:50 AM
it wouldn't break my heart if the Bills traded him.

DBrown77
04-06-2010, 06:51 AM
about 3 days late on this news

Mr. Miyagi
04-06-2010, 07:05 AM
He's worth more to us than what we could get for him.

I'm guessing his market price would be about a 3rd rounder.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
04-06-2010, 07:09 AM

I would take a third for him. He is one strike away from sitting for a season.

tampabay25690
04-06-2010, 07:14 AM
CJ Spiller may be the pick in the 1st round...

CJ and Freddy on the same field would be a hard thing for defenses to stop..

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
04-06-2010, 07:20 AM

I could see CJ in the first and a QB in the second.

dannyek71
04-06-2010, 07:22 AM
Ok, so we take CJ in 1st and a qb in number 2. Who is going to block for them? With the status of Wood still unclear, our second best lineman right now is Hangarter (sp) and that scares me.

We need to build a good line 1st.

Trade down if we can and build a good line.

mrbojanglezs
04-06-2010, 07:44 AM
trade lynch for a 4th or trade lynch and conditional next year for merriman

trade for campbell with donte and a 6th

take cj spiller in the first

trade for gaither in the 2nd

best NT in the 3rd

I would prefer to take clausen but this would be ok

DraftBoy
04-06-2010, 07:47 AM

Why would any team trade a 3rd Round pick for a guy who got benched last year for being ineffectice and is one strike away from being suspended for a full season?

He's an immature guy who clearly has yet to learn any lessons at all.

Ill take a 5th and feel good about it.

TacklingDummy
04-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Ok, so we take CJ in 1st and a qb in number 2. Who is going to block for them? .
There have been plenty of great linemen found outside of round 1.

THATHURMANATOR
04-06-2010, 07:58 AM
We will be lucky to get a 5th rounder for him.

If he is being a douche then get him out of here though.

HHURRICANE
04-06-2010, 08:03 AM
I love how everyone is already on the "good riddance" bandwagon.

The front office keeps getting passes on horrible picks and the mismanagement of the players.

Hargrove was a contributor on a Saints Superbowl victory.

Peters went to another pro-bowl.

McGahee is still playing.

Fletcher was the redskins leading tackler for the last two years.

My guess is that Lynch will get traded and play well on another team without incident.

This team can't draft or manage players. Is it even worth watching this year's draft??

ddaryl
04-06-2010, 08:04 AM

How many non 1st rd tackles have gone on to start their rookie years.

The Bills do not have the luxury of developing a player to be ready in a year or 2. They need a LT that can play today

I'm all for drafting OL later in the draft as well as early.

As for Lynch. Let him sit. I wouldn't even waste the time trying to trade him. The guy has everything to prove but he obvioulsy doesn't want to be bothered with that

OpIv37
04-06-2010, 08:04 AM

He is?

Being suspended for 4 games then getting 450 yards in the final 12 is worth more than a 3rd rounder?

I disagree- we can easily find an RB in the 3rd round who doesn't have discipline problems and can get twice that many yards.

TMu11
04-06-2010, 08:06 AM
trade lynch for a 4th or trade lynch for merriman and a conditional pick next year

trade for campbell with donte and a 6th

take cj spiller in the first

trade for gaither in the 2nd

best NT in the 3rd

I would prefer to take clausen but this would be ok

I REALLY like the sound of that

trapezeus
04-06-2010, 08:09 AM
THis is great. anyone else on one of the worst teams in the league who is sitting on the bench looking for a trade. Costanzo, I'm looking at you. Do you feel like your incredible talent is going to waste as well?

If Moorman wants extra kicking balls, i say trade lynch for a bag of balls. that's all he's worth.

Now i have to hope we draft a 23 this year so i can change the nameplate on my lynch jersey.

RockStar36
04-06-2010, 08:12 AM
Send him to San Diego.

There is no way they will get a 3rd for him. Maybe a 5th and that would be a decent deal.

methos4ever
04-06-2010, 08:14 AM
They were just regurgitating parts of the Buffalo News Article. No real basis in fact, other than the article's statement that some of his teammates think he wouldn't mind getting traded.

TonyIncredible
04-06-2010, 08:55 AM
let lynch go back out west its where he wants to be anyway. i would rather have a back that has a good work ethic and is not a quitter!

Beebe's Kid
04-06-2010, 09:15 AM

The front office keeps getting passes on horrible picks and the mismanagement of the players.

My guess is that Lynch will get traded and play well on another team without incident.

This team can't draft or manage players. Is it even worth watching this year's draft??

It's a new front office there, cupcake.

While this statement fits perfectly in your world, under the little rain-cloud that follows you around, it doesn't apply.

It is a new regime, with a real GM. The overall verdict may still be out on Nix, but he is not his predecessors, and has made it pretty clear that this team has been mismanaged.

I know you were probably making a strong case to keep McGahee, and Hargrove, pretty much like no other fans were. Peters, that argument is getting old... he didn't want to be here, and if he was going to be, he wanted a king's ransom. He went to Philly, made a Pro-Bowl despite having a below average season...oh yeah, and he made a ****ing stack of money. Awesome, over-rated, high-priced talent!!!! Where do we sign???

Oaf
04-06-2010, 09:20 AM
He's worth more than a 4th to us if he plays, which is all we'll get for him..

T-Long
04-06-2010, 09:33 AM
I say keep him until he is productive again and raises his trade value and then ship the thug

Mahdi
04-06-2010, 09:44 AM
NFL Network, citing the Buffalo News just said Lynch wants to be traded.... mentioned how he hasn't showed up for OTA's....

Good riddens....
We seem to be getting closer to selecting my top choice for the 9th overall pick.

Spiller.

ZAZusmc03
04-06-2010, 09:50 AM
We seem to be getting closer to selecting my top choice for the 9th overall pick.

Spiller.

I would not be upset at all with that.

justasportsfan
04-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Lynch was gonna go to the OTA's, until he got high.
He was gonna pump some iron too, but he got high.
Now he's got no value , and I know why.
Because he got high, because he got high, because he got high.

dannyek71
04-06-2010, 10:01 AM

Maybe, but we need ATLEAST 2 good tackles on this team. We really have none now. (I think Bell MAY be good, but obviously the jury is out on him)

Outside of a minor miracle, we need to get a 2 tackles in the first 4 rounds, otherwise we will be dealing with the exact same garbage as last year.

This team is not going to the playoffs this year. Let's build for the future. Build a good OL now, and use that as a good base.

THRILLHO
04-06-2010, 10:04 AM
He is?

Being suspended for 4 games then getting 450 yards in the final 12 is worth more than a 3rd rounder?

I disagree- we can easily find an RB in the 3rd round who doesn't have discipline problems and can get twice that many yards.

If it is so easy to find RB like that in the third round, why would a team give up a third rounder for someone with law troubles? Why wouldnt they just draft that 3rd round RB?

Michael82
04-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Maybe, but we need ATLEAST 2 good tackles on this team. We really have none now. (I think Bell MAY be good, but obviously the jury is out on him)

Outside of a minor miracle, we need to get a 2 tackles in the first 4 rounds, otherwise we will be dealing with the exact same garbage as last year.

This team is not going to the playoffs this year. Let's build for the future. Build a good OL now, and use that as a good base.

2 OTs in the first 4 rounds? Come on! That's crazy! We can draft Spiller in the 1st and get a solid LT in the 2nd round. Then draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th and a big fat DT too. I'm fine with Cornell Green and Demetrius Bell at RT and we have the rookie and Jamon Meredith compete for LT.

THRILLHO
04-06-2010, 10:06 AM

So teams just stack the box to stop the run. We have proven we cant pass effectivley, so our offense goes no where. Again.

ddaryl
04-06-2010, 10:14 AM
So teams just stack the box to stop the run. We have proven we cant pass effectivley, so our offense goes no where. Again.

I completely agree. We have a contingency here that actually beleives a new QB and RB fixes our O problems.

Our O will never improve enough if we do not once and for all fix the OL. :op:

tat2dmike77
04-06-2010, 10:29 AM
This guy has been nothing more than a product of his own hype. He is to dumb to realize he can be replaced in the draft even in later rounds. RB's are a dime a dozen at this point. His 450 yards won't be missed good ridence to trash.

Mahdi
04-06-2010, 10:30 AM
I don't agree with this. Simply stacking the box does not stop a strong run game. Our OL so far, minus the LT spot, is set up to pound the ball.

Proper play calling and sound run blocking as well as the right attitude can overcome 8 in the box.

The Jets faced an 8 man box every play and still ran effectively, same with the Giants in 08.

The Panthers, Rams, Ravens and Dolphins all ran the ball without a strong pass game.

DraftBoy
04-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I say keep him until he is productive again and raises his trade value and then ship the thug

That's assuming he becomes productive again which given his attitude currently and play last year doesn't seem to be a very likely occurance.

tat2dmike77
04-06-2010, 10:36 AM
That's assuming he becomes productive again which given his attitude currently and play last year doesn't seem to be a very likely occurance.

When he was running over people in crosswalks he was producing.

Mathja
04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
I wouldn't trade Lynch for a mid-round draft pick. Sit him down, tell him to shape up or sit on the bench. He's definitely worth more to this team (if he plays) than a mid-round pick.
It might be better to explore player for player trades in his scenario. What about Oakland, his hometown? Darren McFadden has not lived up to hype -- Lynch for McFadden?

ChristopherWalken
04-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Oakland would probably give up a 2nd for him.

tat2dmike77
04-06-2010, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't trade Lynch for a mid-round draft pick. Sit him down, tell him to shape up or sit on the bench. He's definitely worth more to this team (if he plays) than a mid-round pick.
It might be better to explore player for player trades in his scenario. What about Oakland, his hometown? Darren McFadden has not lived up to hype -- Lynch for McFadden?

Right McFadden has not lived up to the hype. But he also has not ran over people in his car, stole 20 bucks (allegedlly) from a woman in a bar and got busted with guns and pot in his car.

Besides Lynch can be replaced with somone from the draft.

trapezeus
04-06-2010, 11:12 AM
regardless of if we keep him or trade him, it's pretty clear that he isn't of the thurman thomas mindset of, "we'll show all the naysayers by performing well."

the bills will need to draft a RB this year because it is obvious relying on Lynch to back up jackson is not going to cut it. I like getting lineman first and then getting a 4th 5th round RB who ACTUALLY MAKES THE TEAM THIS YEAR who can benefit from good line play.

We don't need a Rnd 1 RB. We need a RND 1 Tackle who is worth his weight in gold. We need a QB/OL in round 2 who will actually live up to expectations, we need a NT that can be a game changer.

TigerJ
04-06-2010, 12:44 PM

I think it is entirely possible that Lynch could be traded and play well for his new team. The question is, what would an immature and disgruntled Marshawn Lynch do for the Bills if he is not traded. My guess is not very much of a positive nature.

Oaf
04-06-2010, 12:50 PM
They were just regurgitating parts of the Buffalo News Article. No real basis in fact, other than the article's statement that some of his teammates think he wouldn't mind getting traded.
Right. I think this crap actually just makes Lynch look like some cancer which he's not.

Historian
04-06-2010, 12:51 PM
Oakland would probably give up a 2nd for him.

Yea, he smells like a Raider to me...

HHURRICANE
04-06-2010, 01:21 PM

This post is dead on. Continuing to address everything but the lines is why we continue to suck.

Taking a first round pick and getting a 5th for them 3 years later is absolutely ridiculous. Lynch is better staying for us and realizing that he'll need to play well to get off of this team.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-06-2010, 01:52 PM
If we give him up for a 5th rounder some other team is getting a HECK of a deal

NOT THE DUDE...
04-06-2010, 02:18 PM
bring in flozell adams for one year, draft cj spiller and rodger saffold and trade trent edwards for j cambell... playoffs!!!!

Ickybaluky
04-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Right McFadden has not lived up to the hype. But he also has not ran over people in his car, stole 20 bucks (allegedlly) from a woman in a bar and got busted with guns and pot in his car.

Well, McFadden did get in trouble at Arkansas for getting in a bar fight. He dislocated his toe in the fight kicking the guy (he was wearing flip-flops) and needed surgery.

He then was accused again of hitting a bouncer at another club after his last college game. However, he claimed he didn't do it, and I think one of his posse took the fall for him.

Plus, he reportedly had fathered 4 children with 4 separate women before he was even drafted, although he was fighting paternity on one of them. I'm not sure the outcome of the paternity suit, or if he has had any more kids since.

At any rate, I can't imagine Oakland trading McFadden given all they have invested in him. Remember he held out as a rookie and has been hurt both his years in the league. My guess is they plan for him to get healthy and feed him the ball. Of course, with Al Davis you never know.

delectrolux
04-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Wait, did I miss something? Did Lynch get in trouble again? Did he get suspended? Did he miss a mandatory workout? Did he show up out of shape or overweight? Did he go public with a demand for a trade or state somewhere that he was going to hold out?

Because if none of these things happened, WHY WOULD WE TRADE HIM and create MORE HOLES in an already depleted roster?

Lynch was just as good last year as he was the year before. He got about HALF the carries and about HALF the yards. He's our backup. You don't trade a productive backup, especially one that is a completely different style than your number one back.

trapezeus
04-06-2010, 03:49 PM
here is my take on Lynch and this latest news.

1. if he doesn't want to be here and is asking for a trade, he clearly doesn't understand how trades work. his best ticket out of buffalo is overperforming this year and asking for a trade then.
2. If he doesn't get how trades work, he most likely is going to grumble about buffalo and how he got the shaft through the season. he'll run ineffectively through the year.
3. If that is the worry that OBD has about him, then they need to look at getting another back since we only have 2, and if jackson goes down and lynch is sulky mc sulk, then that's an awful place to be.
4. Lynch doesn't seem to realize that while his offenses were kind of minor, he is on his last strike. i'm sure he's already broke the third strike but wasn't caught. If he does go down for an infraction, it's a full year. Look above at the only 1 back besides lynch issue.

Now if you agree with that premise then consider.
1. Trade lynch now, get a pick, and draft RB to compliment Jackson and use the other pick to get the 3rd back who is a 3rd down back. If you really don't see Lynch as trying to play hard in 2010, you need to find a back who will.
2. We need lineman for whoever runs as the back for this team. trading lynch for a pick helps get more depth in our weakest position.

I feel like if lynch was a sure shot to run hard this year, i'd say, "keep him without a doubt" but if the feeling is is that he's already given up, let's get rid of him.