X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Cody
    • Sep 2004

QB as leader, QB as entertainer

*We need a leader at QB. A guy that guys believe in and will run through a wall for. JP wasn't, he had more doubters than supporters. Trent seems to have lost the confidence of the team after he got dinged up and starting hearing footsteps. Can he get that back? It's possible but I doubt it. Is Clausen a leader? From what I've read he seems more like an arrogant *****. Jason Campbell? He seems to play just well enough to lose. Where am I going with this? Bear with me a minute.

*Drew Bledsoe was the last QB to give us hope, give us some entertainment on Sunday. Losing sucks no matter what but I totally cannot stand is losing boring. That's what the batch of bums we've been trotting out in the last few years have done, bored the hell out of me. Give me a 70 yard bomb like Drew could throw. Give me a QB keeper like Flutie. Make me care damn it. So....

*Along those lines there's 2 guys I'd be happy about us acquiring. Troy Smith (cost maybe a 5th) and Colt McCoy (late 1st, early 2nd). Both these guys are winners. Both are leaders. Both are guys that make plays with their feet and are FUN to watch. Let's bring the fun back on Sunday. I'd be happy if we got both, see who pans out. We need a QB. Just no more *****s. No more losers. No more guys that are like watching paint dry. Bring in some guys with heart and guts. Who's with me??
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: QB as leader, QB as entertainer

If Leadership is your main thing, TEbow is the ultimate leader.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BidsJr
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by DrewBlueFan
      *We need a leader at QB. A guy that guys believe in and will run through a wall for. JP wasn't, he had more doubters than supporters. Trent seems to have lost the confidence of the team after he got dinged up and starting hearing footsteps. Can he get that back? It's possible but I doubt it. Is Clausen a leader? From what I've read he seems more like an arrogant *****. Jason Campbell? He seems to play just well enough to lose. Where am I going with this? Bear with me a minute.

*Drew Bledsoe was the last QB to give us hope, give us some entertainment on Sunday. Losing sucks no matter what but I totally cannot stand is losing boring. That's what the batch of bums we've been trotting out in the last few years have done, bored the hell out of me. Give me a 70 yard bomb like Drew could throw. Give me a QB keeper like Flutie. Make me care damn it. So....

*Along those lines there's 2 guys I'd be happy about us acquiring. Troy Smith (cost maybe a 5th) and Colt McCoy (late 1st, early 2nd). Both these guys are winners. Both are leaders. Both are guys that make plays with their feet and are FUN to watch. Let's bring the fun back on Sunday. I'd be happy if we got both, see who pans out. We need a QB. Just no more *****s. No more losers. No more guys that are like watching paint dry. Bring in some guys with heart and guts. Who's with me??

Bledsoe was a Bum when we got him and did nothing while he was here to change that.
      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• Bill Cody
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        If Leadership is your main thing, TEbow is the ultimate leader.
        He is a leader. But I have doubts about his ability to deliver the ball with that motion. If he could fix that you might have something.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

He is a leader. But I have doubts about his ability to deliver the ball with that motion. If he could fix that you might have something.
          do Troy Smith and MCcOy have the arm to deliver the ball in buffalo weather?
          sacrifice1

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

mccoy is a product of beating up on weak teams. against decent teams he struggled.

tebow's throwing motion will be fine if you give him time to throw.

Comment

• Bill Cody
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by BidsJr
              Bledsoe was a Bum when we got him and did nothing while he was here to change that.
              Ridiculous. Drew haters make me laugh. He came here to a team that was a laughingstock and carried them on his back from 3-13 to 8-8 in his first year, threw for 4300 yards, 24 tds and increased our points scored by 114 in one year. With zero offensive line help. He got worn down by all the hits he took but Drew was a warrior. But this is not a Drew thread and I'm not getting sucked in to a back and forth by commited haters like you and Justa. Comment on the topic or STFU.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                do Troy Smith and MCcOy have the arm to deliver the ball in buffalo weather?
                Did Flutie?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  mccoy is a product of beating up on weak teams. against decent teams he struggled.

tebow's throwing motion will be fine if you give him time to throw.
                  Colt McCoy is the most accurate passer in the draft. If Tebow doesn't radically redo his motion he will get strip sacked at least once a game IMO.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Are we still arguing about Drew Bledsoe? The guy hasn't been on the team in 5 years and hasn't even been in the league in 3 years.

Anyone care to re-hash the RJ-Flutie argument while we're at it?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Are we still arguing about Drew Bledsoe? The guy hasn't been on the team in 5 years and hasn't even been in the league in 3 years.

Anyone care to re-hash the RJ-Flutie argument while we're at it?
                      No we aren't. This could be an interesting thread if people wanted it to be. Care to comment on the thread topic or just be annoying?

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                        • Jan 2010

I would live to see someone come in here and bring excitement back I this team. A guy tht can make all the throws is good in my book, but someone that can use their legs would be a plus. Even if its not Vince young type speed, I'd be happy with a big Ben type who shakes off tackles and makes plays.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Troy Smith would be fun to watch... on another team. But he seems very Vick-like, in the sense that he'll make a big play from time to time, but in between he'll make a bunch of stupid mistakes that will make everyone in WNY independently utter a string of profanities at the exact same time.

I really don't know enough about Colt McCoy to comment, but I would not trade up to get him. First, we have no OL or WR's, which means having a QB does us nothing at this point. Second, we have too many holes to waste picks trading up for a QB.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Did Flutie?
                            no, which is why we would never have won a SB with him.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Ridiculous. Drew haters make me laugh. He came here to a team that was a laughingstock and carried them on his back from 3-13 to 8-8 in his first year, threw for 4300 yards, 24 tds and increased our points scored by 114 in one year. With zero offensive line help. He got worn down by all the hits he took but Drew was a warrior. But this is not a Drew thread and I'm not getting sucked in to a back and forth by commited haters like you and Justa. Comment on the topic or STFU.

Drew was nothing but a stop gap.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X