PDA

View Full Version : Colt Mccoy is Rising

BuffaloBlitz83
04-06-2010, 01:31 PM
From what I read about in Pro days. He has done very well.

What scares me is the comparisons to Plummer and Garcia. I liked Garcia but don't think either QB would succeed in Buffalo winds and conditions.

Mr. Miyagi
04-06-2010, 01:41 PM
If Tebow drops to us in the 2nd round, I'll take him over McCoy.

mrbojanglezs
04-06-2010, 02:10 PM
mccoy>tebow, more NFL ready, more fit for this team

trapezeus
04-06-2010, 02:12 PM
Mccoy could lead a warm weather team with a decent running game in place to the playoffs.
Mccoy in buffalo with no weapons and no talent and no arm strength = more edwards football.

Bill Cody
04-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Mccoy could lead a warm weather team with a decent running game in place to the playoffs.
Mccoy in buffalo with no weapons and no talent and no arm strength = more edwards football.

What QB will succeed with no weapons and no talent? Can you fill me in please?

ddaryl
04-06-2010, 03:01 PM
the only QB's that can survive in Buffalo are strong armed QB's and scramblers.

Once the early winter weather starts an arm like McCoy is most likely not going to be enough. Which is one reason to like Clausen since he does have an arm.

Personally I really hope we have a shot at Locker next draft.... I would like ot honestly see the team commit to the rookies and the young guns this year and let the dice fall.

Mr. Miyagi
04-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Elway, Marino.

Mr. Pink
04-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Holmgren seems to be targeting McCoy in Rd2.

trapezeus
04-06-2010, 03:53 PM

Mcnabb seemed to play at a high level with years of not having a receiving corp

Manning took his team to the superbowl with relatively no name rookie WR and a porous line

a number of players have been able to put together salvagable seasons where they are entertaining at times without all the pieces being there.

McCoy will not do well on an east coast time due to arm strength and the fact he never beat decent college teams.

TacklingDummy
04-06-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm kind of tired hearing about Buffalo's weather. What's it effect?? 1 or 2 games, if that?

Arm strength is overrated. Accuracy is more important.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-06-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm kind of tired hearing about Buffalo's weather. What's it effect?? 1 or 2 games, if that?

Those 1 or 2 games usually are at the end of season in December. Meaning they are usually very important.

Jeff1220
04-06-2010, 04:09 PM
...that's what she said.

Bill Cody
04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Elway, Marino.

Two hall of famers, which is a pretty high bar for any QB. BUT as long as we're bringing them up, Marino won zero super bowls and Elway didn't win one until he had a 2000 yard rusher. Thanks for playing.

Bill Cody
04-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Mcnabb seemed to play at a high level with years of not having a receiving corp

not having top receivers is not the same as having no talent around him. McNabb's only Super Bowl appearance he had TO, Westbrook and a great o-line.

Manning took his team to the superbowl with relatively no name rookie WR and a porous line
Peyton Manning? When was this?

a number of players have been able to put together salvagable seasons where they are entertaining at times without all the pieces being there.

McCoy will not do well on an east coast time due to arm strength and the fact he never beat decent college teams.

He was 45-7 as a starter, most wins in college football history. That ain't bad.

The King
04-06-2010, 04:26 PM
This is who I want if we go QB this year. the guy can expand the pocket, throw on the run, chuck it deep. He seems to be a hard nosed type guy, the clip of him getting stood up on the goaline and plowing in is something I love to see.

I want a gritty guy, unlike Pretty Jimmy Pickle.

Bill Cody
04-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Those 1 or 2 games usually are at the end of season in December. Meaning they are usually very important.

When's the last important December game we've played?

mikemac2001
04-06-2010, 04:28 PM

i totally get the post and i somewhat agree but i feel the wind is the bigger factor not just the temp.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Cleveland Snow Game. Only 2 years ago.

TacklingDummy
04-06-2010, 05:54 PM
The past 2 years the bad weather has been against Cleveland. There was no QB alive who was going to be effective in those games.

Bill Cody
04-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Cleveland Snow Game. Only 2 years ago.

So you're saying Cleveland shouldn't draft McCoy?

Bill Cody
04-06-2010, 06:17 PM
the only QB's that can survive in Buffalo are strong armed QB's and scramblers.

Hate to break it to you but Jim Kelly did not have a cannon. His long passes were rainbows. And he was no scrambler. Yeah arm is important. But mostly I want a stong WILLED QB. Clausen looks soft enough to me that he'd be running for the hand warmers the minute it gets below 40.

djjimkelly
04-06-2010, 06:18 PM

not that i wanted him here in buffalo

however

donavan mcnabb has had no decent wrs except terrell owens and hes had a very solid career.

djjimkelly
04-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Hate to break it to you but Jim Kelly did not have a cannon. His long passes were rainbows. And he was no scrambler. Yeah arm is important. But mostly I want a stong WILLED QB. Clausen looks soft enough to me that he'd be running for the hand warmers the minute it gets below 40.

WRONG

there was a reason he was named machine gun kelly at one point

Bill Cody
04-06-2010, 06:24 PM
not that i wanted him here in buffalo

however

donavan mcnabb has had no decent wrs except terrell owens and hes had a very solid career.

McNabb's had an excellent career. But to say he hasn't had talent around him is ridiiculous. Not top receivers granted but good lines and Westbook out of the backfield. No QB does it on his own. The posters that keep challenging me on this have brought up hall of famers or near HOF'ers. For God sakes guys we're starting Ryan ****ing Fitzpatrick! The standard here isn't exactly the hall.

Bill Cody
04-06-2010, 06:30 PM
WRONG

there was a reason he was named machine gun kelly at one point

no

TacklingDummy
04-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Look how many receivers Manning and Favre have made great over their careers.

Ingtar33
04-06-2010, 07:07 PM

arm strength isn't even all that important in the wind. it's being able to keep the nose of the ball pointed down when you throw it into the wind. otherwise it will sail and flutter.

some QBs can do this.. some can't. Drew Bledsoe (for all the incredible arm strength he had) couldn't do it. Having a howitzer doesn't matter in the wind if you can't keep control of the football.

Night Train
04-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Wow, he's rising... and right around Easter !

Has anyone outside of Mary Magdalene confirmed this ??

JPFBillsFan
04-06-2010, 08:20 PM
effin hilarious Night Train

BidsJr
04-06-2010, 08:31 PM
effin hilarious Night Train

Night Train? The reply was a bit more "Thomas". (;

SirMcGee
04-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Elway, Marino.

You wouldnt consider Mark Duper, Mark Clayton, Shannon Sharpe, Ed McCaffrey, and Rod Smith weapons? WOW. What planet do you live on?

Demon
04-06-2010, 09:24 PM
I can't believe the beating i got on here for being a Colt McCoy fan all of last year. lol some people even said he'd go after Tony Pike!!!! I wish i could dig that thread up.

SirMcGee
04-06-2010, 10:31 PM
I'd take McCoy over Tebow, LeFevour, Skelton, Pike, Brown, Snead, any day of the week.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-06-2010, 11:43 PM
I can't believe the beating i got on here for being a Colt McCoy fan all of last year. lol some people even said he'd go after Tony Pike!!!! I wish i could dig that thread up.

Pike still could go before him

tat2dmike77
04-06-2010, 11:49 PM

The year this team went 9-7 and couldn't beat the steelers bench players to get into the playoffs.

dannyek71
04-07-2010, 08:16 AM
id take tebow or mccoy in the 3rd

SirMcGee
04-07-2010, 01:26 PM
id take tebow or mccoy in the 3rd

In your fantasy world they'll be there. In reality, they wont