PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper Four Round Mock

T-Long
04-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Here are his four picks for the Bills:

9. Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa (Shocked if he fell that far, but would be really happy with the pick)

41. Tim Tebow QB Florida (Tebow is a 2nd round talent and I have confidence in Gailey/Cortez)

72. Damian Williams WR USC (They do need a WR and Williams is good value in Round 3)

107. Anthony McCoy TE USC (This pick is a joke....I hope.)

Go at it.

SABURZFAN
04-06-2010, 04:45 PM
i hope Kiper's hair falls out.

Aliceinchainsbills15
04-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Here are his four picks for the Bills:

9. Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
41. Tim Tebow QB Florida
72. Damian Williams WR USC
107. Anthony McCoy TE USC

Go at it.
why would we need a TE?

Ed
04-06-2010, 04:50 PM
No defense? We don't need a TE.

I love the Bulaga pick though.

YardRat
04-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Meh.

I'm not as high on Bulaga as some are, but I'll take him if he's the pick.
Tebow....'nuff said.
Williams would be OK in the third, but no NT in the first four picks blows, unless somebody like Troup is going to be around in the fifth, which I doubt.

Slim
04-06-2010, 04:55 PM
I wouldn't mind this draft at all.

BILLSROCK1212
04-06-2010, 04:57 PM
I wouldn't mind this draft, but that TE selection is silly....I'd prefer to see a WR in round 4 because WRs always seem to slip down the draft board and then I'd like to see a NT in round 3

SaviorEdwards
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM

Keep in mind Gailey is an offensive minded coach and our offense has been pathetic. Watch for the drafts with him as coach go heavy on the offense as I bet he will be campaigning hard for guys on the offensive side of the ball.

JCBills
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
He must get so amped up about the draft every year that he forgets about the one the year before, and the cycle is continued. That, or he thinks because Nelson didn't put up numbers in a crippled offense, and views it as a need.

Yeah, we could use a blocking #2 TE, and McCoy has decent ability in that department (he's kind of a split-type, he can block and catch relatively well), that's what either one of our 4 6ths/7ths or UDFAs are for.

JCBills
04-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Keep in mind Gailey is an offensive minded coach and our offense has been pathetic. Watch for the drafts with him as coach go heavy on the offense as I bet he will be campaigning hard for guys on the offensive side of the ball.

I don't see them running into a 3-4 overhaul with just two FA pickups and 3rd day picks.

SaviorEdwards
04-06-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't see them running into a 3-4 overhaul with just two FA pickups and 3rd day picks.

Maybe this year will be a mixed bag but over the long haul I would bet 1st and 2nd day picks (depending on the draft format) will be heavily favoring the offense.

Mr. Miyagi
04-06-2010, 05:02 PM
If we got Bulaga and Tebow in the first 2 rounds, I'd pee my pants and run 3 laps around my house naked.

DraftBoy
04-06-2010, 05:11 PM
I think if we go OT in Round 1, its almost a virtual lock we go Defense in Round 2.

BidsJr
04-06-2010, 05:15 PM
Why would we draft a LT in R1 with a Left handed QB in R 2?

If we are taking Tebow, zero chance we go LT in R1. Kiper Fail.

Slim
04-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Why would we draft a LT in R1 with a Left handed QB in R 2?

If we are taking Tebow, zero chance we go LT in R1. Kiper Fail.

You can move at LT to RT and vice versa.

BidsJr
04-06-2010, 05:18 PM
You can move at LT to RT and vice versa.

No that would be idiotic.

Mr. Pink
04-06-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't know if the first 4 rounds could possibly be an worse than that.

JCBills
04-06-2010, 05:21 PM

Agreed, I'd be so disheartened/pissed, something would probably end up broken, objects or people.

ddaryl
04-06-2010, 05:34 PM
I would love Bulaga at #9. Fills a huge need and if Woods can make it back we will have a shot at being a pretty damn good OL.

Tebow would be an interesting pick at our #2 spot. I would say decent value here. The thing with Tebow is he is a football player, and wether he becomes a full fledge starting QB remains to be seen. However I think there could be creative ways to get him on the field, especially the 1st year or 2. None the less to me this is a luxury pick and the Bills need STARTERS and I don't think he would start here on day 1.

We sure could use talent at DE, DT, LB, WR, RB (if Lynch is really bailing on us), heck even TE or even more OL...
Almost every position outside DB is in play. (the one position the last regime went hog wild on, and we even let quality DB's walk as well. :crazy: )

as for rounds 3 and 4.... that is a huge crap shoot, the Bills can go any direction at almost any time.

I will say this, that doesn't look like a draft I expect from Nix. I beleive we will select a D player before we go 4 picks on the O... 4.

The Spaz
04-06-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm not so pissed at the actual players as I am the positions. We definitely need a defensive pick or 2 in there.

BillsMan80
04-06-2010, 05:46 PM

The only way we could have a worse first four rounds would be if this team made the colossal mistake of drafting Tebow at 9.

Ed
04-06-2010, 06:07 PM
I don't doubt that Gailey will favor offensive players, but when you're making a big change on defense like we are, there's no way you can avoid drafting for it. And Gailey can say whatever he wants, it's still Nix that will be running the show and he's not going to neglect the D.

djjimkelly
04-06-2010, 06:16 PM

we havent had a decent TE here since riemersma.

one quality TE would drastically change the dynamic of this offense

Ed
04-06-2010, 06:25 PM

True, but I think we have that guy in Nelson. We can't just keep drafting the same position without even giving the young guys we already drafted a chance to develop.

Since we already have a young promising TE in Nelson, our priorities should be other areas of the team where we have more pressing issues.

And I'm not guaranteeing that Nelson is the answer, but we should at least give him a chance and focus on other areas first.

JCBills
04-06-2010, 06:27 PM

Shawn Nelson in a viable offense?

Patti120
04-06-2010, 08:10 PM
I would be happy with the #1 pick.

Lone Stranger
04-06-2010, 09:10 PM
The selections do not cast well on Kiper. He apparently knows little about the Bills' needs. That being so reflects poorly on his overall knowlege and ability.

TigerJ
04-06-2010, 10:27 PM
Maybe McCoy can add 50 lbs and become a super athletic offensive tackle. That would be a first. A college tight end who converts to offensive tackle for the pros. Uh, forget I said that.

psubills62
04-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Man, that mock draft is like a giant roller coaster for me. Very happy with the Bulaga pick...not so happy about Tebow...really liking Damian Williams in the 3rd...not a fan of McCoy in the 4th.

I think instead of Tebow and McCoy, we need to get an NT and OLB in those two picks.

tat2dmike77
04-06-2010, 11:05 PM

The Bills don't believe in the TE position.

tat2dmike77
04-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Man, that mock draft is like a giant roller coaster for me. Very happy with the Bulaga pick...not so happy about Tebow...really liking Damian Williams in the 3rd...not a fan of McCoy in the 4th.

I think instead of Tebow and McCoy, we need to get an NT and OLB in those two picks.

Do you take QB at all or just hope that Jauron really was ******ing this team and Edwards or whomever actually wakes up and plays?

Griff
04-07-2010, 12:47 AM
This is why he doesn't work for any team

PECKERWOOD
04-07-2010, 02:36 AM
Bulaga REAKS of major bust.

Night Train
04-07-2010, 05:07 AM
The Bills need at least 2 NT's and an interior OL, in addition to the obvious LT need. Nix will also select a RB somewhere, after basically stating so.

When DB or someone who follows this team does a mock draft, they take these needs into account.

The Bills don't need a TE and WR's are a dime a dozen. There will be many still looking for work in May. Don't forget post draft cuts after a replacement is selected for various positions.

We'll see.

ZAZusmc03
04-07-2010, 07:19 AM
I honestly feel like the first 3 or 4 picks will be impact players only, regardless of need. Then I think Nix will use the remaining portion of the draft and UDFA to fill needs and depth....Just my gut feeling right now.

Mahdi
04-07-2010, 08:03 AM
I wouldn't mind this draft, but that TE selection is silly....I'd prefer to see a WR in round 4 because WRs always seem to slip down the draft board and then I'd like to see a NT in round 3
We only have 1 potentially good TE on the roster. The rest are sub-par. So TE is a need and if McCoy is sitting there in round 4 it's a solid value pick.

dannyek71
04-07-2010, 08:14 AM
I am fine with Tebow in round 3. Not in 2. 1 = OL, 2 = OL, 3 = Tebow, 4= OL

OL =

LT (R1) LG (Levitre) C (GH) (RG Wood/R4) RT (R2)

Build the offense this year, and focus on defense next year.

All this clammering for Tebow, has he ever played in a game under 60 degrees?

dasaybz
04-07-2010, 08:33 AM
Horrible draft.

Bulaga at 9 is terrible, Tebow in the 2nd blows, and no DT in the first 4 rounds? This draft would suck bad.

Mahdi
04-07-2010, 08:43 AM
Horrible draft.

Bulaga at 9 is terrible, Tebow in the 2nd blows, and no DT in the first 4 rounds? This draft would suck bad.
If you don't want an OT at 9 then that's one thing, but if you're problem is with Bulaga specifically then rest assured that Bulaga is the best technician in the draft. Even better than Okung. Okung however brings better athleticism, power and natural pass blocking which makes him the top OT.

TigerJ
04-07-2010, 08:51 AM
The main problem with McCoy is he gives the Bills nothing different. Even though he's big, he's supposed to be a lousy blocker. Is there evidence to suggest he's better than the Bills' depth at the position right now based on his scant work and subsequent rawness in college. If not, I think there are other areas where the need is much more obvious.

jimbohastle51
04-07-2010, 09:09 AM
i hope Kiper's hair falls out.

if we got williams in the 3rd and didnt have to trade up for tebow and also got a tackle that can play RT and LT (he will play on the right when tebow starts in this senario because tebow is left handed) i would be estatic, but i have a feeling if we want tebow we will have to trade up to get him, maybe not though.

mysticsoto
04-07-2010, 09:40 AM
No Nose Tackle or OLB in the top 4 rds in a year we are switching to a 3-4 system? Epic fail...

psubills62
04-07-2010, 09:46 AM
Do you take QB at all or just hope that Jauron really was ******ing this team and Edwards or whomever actually wakes up and plays?

My plan would be to take a later-round QB (4th-7th rounds) this year. I'm interested in seeing what Cortez can do for a developmental prospect as well as Brohm. The plan would be to start Brohm or Edwards during 2010, then grab a top QB prospect in 2011. If the first few rounds this year go as I mentioned (OT, NT, OLB, possibly WR), then we should be pretty well set to have a new QB come in and become the starter in 2011 (if Brohm/late rounder haven't shown any promise).

I'm banking on us not being a contender in 2010 and getting another top 10 pick in 2011.

psubills62
04-07-2010, 09:49 AM
The main problem with McCoy is he gives the Bills nothing different. Even though he's big, he's supposed to be a lousy blocker. Is there evidence to suggest he's better than the Bills' depth at the position right now based on his scant work and subsequent rawness in college. If not, I think there are other areas where the need is much more obvious.

Agreed. If we were going to take a TE and make it that much more of a priority than NT, I'd rather have Colin Peek or Tony Moeaki there - both solid receivers that are very good blockers.

jimbohastle51
04-07-2010, 09:56 AM
i dont know why everyone is wanting a NT so high when gailey and nix made it clear kyle williams is our NT. they are going to give him this season like it or not to see if he can be as dominant at NT as he is as a DT.

Mahdi
04-07-2010, 10:00 AM
i dont know why everyone is wanting a NT so high when gailey and nix made it clear kyle williams is our NT. they are going to give him this season like it or not to see if he can be as dominant at NT as he is as a DT.
If he is as dominant at NT as he is at DT we are in serious trouble. LT will re-gain the rushing title thanks to playing the Bills twice.

BillsMan80
04-07-2010, 10:08 AM
A few issues I have in terms of where we go this year...

1st-Regarding Bulaga, he's a good player, but how good can he really become? Robert Gallery who came out of Ferentz's program at Iowa was supposed to be an absolute CAN'T MISS prospect who had no chance of busting in the NFL. I would say that Gallery was much more highly regarded as a prospect than Bulaga, and Gallery did exactly that which is bust, so I would say that Bulaga is no sure thing. The only Left Tackle in this draft that I think is worth a top 10 pick is Okung because he's the only true Left Tackle that I see as being truly elite. Okung really has no questions, whereas the other three top tackles, Bulaga, Trent Williams, and Davis have major question marks in the eyes of all...

2nd-You can't say that we shouldn't address the QB position this year because of the class that's coming out next year, because there are no guarantees in any way, shape, or form. In addition to the fact that I don't think Locker, Mallett, and next year's class is that good anyway. I think next year's class more hype and style than actual substance. Next year's group is extremely inconsistent and have really not proven themselves to be truly efficient QBs from week-to-week on the college level and I think guys like Locker and Mallett have extremely high bust potential.

3rd-Finally with this addmittedly weak class at QB, and we are looking to take a developmental prospect who might never and chances are will never develop, as very few late round picks ever become franchise QBs. Pretty much all the later round QBs in this draft have major questions about their skills as a QB, whereas Clausen and Bradford have very few questions about their actual skills, such as size, arm strength, accuracy, etc. The 2nd tier guys are major question marks this year. LeFevour lacks true NFL arm strength, McCoy has an arm like Chad Pennington, Tebow may never become a good enough passer to be an NFL QB, Pike is extremely inconsistent and lacks a true NFL arm, Snead has horrendous accuracy, Skelton played at DI-AA Fordham and has problems with accuracy, so there are major concerns with most prospects that have to deal with their actual ability to make NFL throws and be an NFL QB except for the top two in Bradford and Clausen.

jimbohastle51
04-07-2010, 10:13 AM
If he is as dominant at NT as he is at DT we are in serious trouble. LT will re-gain the rushing title thanks to playing the Bills twice.

he is one of the best 4-3 DT's in the AFC and i think he will transition fine to DT, he is over 300lbs and squatty at 6'0-6'1. and i dont know why kyle williams would regain the rushing title because of williams? what a NT does is try to take up 2 offensive linemen so the linebackers can run free so actually if a AFC east RB takes the rushing title it would be more in part of bad outside linebackers and because andra davis and pos WILL plug the open gaps in the middle. as long as we are getting pressure of the outside williams will be fine as a NT in the middle. he is strong enough and has great hands to take up 2 linemen. in my opinion our biggest whole on D is maybin. he is SORRY with a all caps. i mean the guy is just not a good NFL football player but unfortunately we are going to have to wait another 3 years before they will give up on him.

tat2dmike77
04-07-2010, 10:13 AM
I'm banking on us not being a contender in 2010 and getting another top 10 pick in 2011.

Me too :teary: