PDA

View Full Version : Kiper vs McShay

BuffaloBlitz83
04-06-2010, 05:43 PM
I like McShay better.

T-Long
04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
McShay is getting killed by a lot of scouts and his evaluations. Kiper has done this for much longer and is much better in my opinion.

Mike Mayock though is the real deal. That guy is the best in my opinion.

better days
04-06-2010, 05:49 PM
McShay is getting killed by a lot of scouts and his evaluations. Kiper has done this for much longer and is much better in my opinion.

Mike Mayock though is the real deal. That guy is the best in my opinion.

I agree with everything you said. I will say that because of the time he has put in Kiper has developed some contacts in the league.

The Spaz
04-06-2010, 05:50 PM
Kiper by a mile. Say what you want about his hair but I like his analysis. He might not be right but I like him. Also I grew up loving the draft and Kiper has always been there, a true draft icon!:up::beers:

DraftBoy
04-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Kiper despite the grief he gets is still the man imo.

Mayock is closing the gap though.

I dont mind McShay I just think he tries too hard at times.

Ed
04-06-2010, 06:02 PM
People like to bash Kiper because he's not 100% right all the time, but no one in football ever has been, even guys like Bill Polian. He still knows a ton more then the average fan though.

JCBills
04-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Kiper hands down.

McShay talks out of his ass.

Raptor
04-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Kiper by a MILE

I think Kiper gets more **** then he deserves but for the longest time he was the only dog in the show so it comes with the territory

McShay to put it bluntly just doesnt know how to spot talent IMO

I like Mayock but to be honest I think he is the opposite of Kiper in that he gets more praise then he deserves

Night Train
04-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Kiper in the 1980's used to answer the phone in his house when ordering his guide and talk to you about players as long as you wanted.

He's a very nice guy and writes solid evaluations.

McShay is inconsistent.

BILLSROCK1212
04-06-2010, 06:34 PM
It's all about contacts:

Kiper has developed contacts over the years and has done more for the league than he has to show for it.

McShay is a wannabe and should stop being a snob and prove himself instead of just half-assing his work, which he clearly does.

Mayock knows his stuff and works hard and has proved himself. I'm very impressed and trust him very much.

elltrain22
04-06-2010, 07:05 PM
Kiper is an ***clown. Kiper is seriously one of my least favorite guys on tv. I hate his voice, I hate his opinions, I hate his hair, and I hate it how he is seriously offended when anyone thinks he is wrong.

McShay is alright I guess. Def not as self-loathing, and I have never been extremely annoyed at him like I do w/ Kiper.

JCBills
04-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Kiper is an ***clown. Kiper is seriously one of my least favorite guys on tv. I hate his voice, I hate his opinions, I hate his hair, and I hate it how he is seriously offended when anyone thinks he is wrong.

McShay is alright I guess. Def not as self-loathing, and I have never been extremely annoyed at him like I do w/ Kiper.

According to McShay, Snead is a top 5 pick.

Ingtar33
04-06-2010, 07:11 PM
neither. i remember how much we laughed at Kiper back in the day. Don't get me wrong.... he's a passionate guy who loves football but his actual knowledge is pretty poor for how long he's been doing this. Most of his "accuracy" comes through contacts with teams front offices and using their evaluations on the players to rate them, not through actual evaluation.

Mayock is the only guy i've seen on TV who can make an intelligent point or observation about the draft.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Anyone got a link to Mayock's latest mock?

don137
04-06-2010, 08:01 PM
McShay vs. Kiper is like the who is the tallest dwarf....Both do not hold a candle to Mayock.

bills4ver
04-06-2010, 08:05 PM
mayock is better than both combined imo......... I don't even want to watch espn can't believe adam schefter went to the dark side.

NFL Network all the way

jpdex12
04-06-2010, 08:07 PM
both idiots...anyone can sound educated if they detail their opinion. It's an educated crap shoot. We'll see players going higher than expected and lower than expected...every year. Does it matter especially when more and more undrafted players end up succeeding and we never hear or talk about them?

mrbojanglezs
04-06-2010, 08:56 PM
mayock. oh that wasn't an option, too bad. He is the best

if i had to pick, kiper, mcsahy is a clown

SaviorEdwards
04-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Mike Mayock is my favorite. I don't know why McShay gets invited to the grown ups table, I can't figure the guy out. He says Clausen isn't worth a 1st round pick and then has the Bills taking him at 9? The guy is in bizarro land.

tat2dmike77
04-06-2010, 09:16 PM
I think they are both douches

tat2dmike77
04-06-2010, 09:22 PM
both idiots...anyone can sound educated if they detail their opinion. It's an educated crap shoot. We'll see players going higher than expected and lower than expected...every year. Does it matter especially when more and more undrafted players end up succeeding and we never hear or talk about them?

Excatlly...........two or three months ago both of these :assclown: were saying how there is no day 1 QB in the draft this year. Now all of the sudden Bradford and Claussen are top 10 picks and Tebow might go late first early second. Why because of a few workouts and interviews all of the sudden these guys are top tier talent. The guy who is getting the least amount of coverage will be the better QB his name is Dan LaFevour representing the MAC conference. The conference of champions and sex offenders.

Raptor
04-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Excatlly...........two or three months ago both of these :assclown: were saying how there is no day 1 QB in the draft this year. Now all of the sudden Bradford and Claussen are top 10 picks and Tebow might go late first early second. Why because of a few workouts and interviews all of the sudden these guys are top tier talent. The guy who is getting the least amount of coverage will be the better QB his name is Dan LaFevour representing the MAC conference. The conference of champions and sex offenders.

No they didnt, Both have had Bradford as a top 10 pick all year and Kiper has had Clausen a top 20 pick since late Oct

SirMcGee
04-06-2010, 10:28 PM
none of the above...Mayock FTW !!!

tat2dmike77
04-06-2010, 11:19 PM
No they didnt, Both have had Bradford as a top 10 pick all year and Kiper has had Clausen a top 20 pick since late Oct

Really cause i swore i heard these guys debating about how this years there is no franchise guy at QB. How this year is a down year for QB's and how there is no QB worth the #1 pick. I am probly wrong but who knows.

tat2dmike77
04-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Ok i will guve you Bradford but i found a draft in Dec yes mock drafts in Dec that had only McCoy and Bradford as the only QB's going in the first rd. And in McShay draft he had McCoy going ahead of Bradford. I mean at this point in the NCAA season there is not much more these guys can do.

All of the sudden Claussen became a 1st rd talent? And now McCoy stinks because he got hurt against Bama?

I'm not saying that Claussen is a bum but there are no QB's worth a 9 pick whose name is not Bradford and i even feel like i would be reaching.

Yes the Bills need a QB we all know that. But i believe the QB of the future is in a later RD. A guy with little expectations willcome in and turn heads.

SABURZFAN
04-07-2010, 05:16 AM
not a fan of either one of them. i just like to see what their opinions are and compare them to everybody else i read or hear.

better days
04-07-2010, 08:11 AM
not a fan of either one of them. i just like to see what their opinions are and compare them to everybody else i read or hear.

Another great insightful post.Cough cough.

Raptor
04-07-2010, 08:35 PM
Ok i will guve you Bradford but i found a draft in Dec yes mock drafts in Dec that had only McCoy and Bradford as the only QB's going in the first rd. And in McShay draft he had McCoy going ahead of Bradford. I mean at this point in the NCAA season there is not much more these guys can do.

All of the sudden Claussen became a 1st rd talent? And now McCoy stinks because he got hurt against Bama?

I'm not saying that Claussen is a bum but there are no QB's worth a 9 pick whose name is not Bradford and i even feel like i would be reaching.

Yes the Bills need a QB we all know that. But i believe the QB of the future is in a later RD. A guy with little expectations willcome in and turn heads.

You got a link to that?

Clausen and Bradford have been first rounders since Oct with Kiper and Kiper was the first on the Clausen band wagon.

McShay doesnt like Clausen and hasnt liked Clausen so him not being a first rounder in his mock is not a surprise. If he does have McCoy going ahead of Bradford it only further cements what a Clown he is