Bills play-by-play announcer John Murphy will be my guest on Bills Now! Wed @ 9:10pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Bills play-by-play announcer John Murphy will be my guest on Bills Now! Wed @ 9:10pm

Buffalo Bills play-by-play announcer and WIVB-Buffalo (CBS, 4) Sports Director John Murphy will be my special guest Wednesday night on Buffalo Bills Now! at 9:10pm!

We'll have plenty to talk about!!

Link to show (please note show will start at 9:10 and not the normal 9:05pm):
    End to end video platform for media & enterprises. Live streaming, video hosting, transcoding, monetization, distribution & delivery services for businesses.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Re: Bills play-by-play announcer John Murphy will be my guest on Bills Now! Wed @ 9:10pm

NFL Now! airs at 8pm tomorrow night, as well. Johnny Von and I will discuss/debate the McNabb deal, the draft, and other NFL news.......

End to end video platform for media & enterprises. Live streaming, video hosting, transcoding, monetization, distribution & delivery services for businesses.

Hope to see you there!
    Click to listen:

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
      Zero for Zero!
      • Mar 2003

Re: Bills play-by-play announcer John Murphy will be my guest on Bills Now! Wed @ 9:10pm

Awesome job Sal!

See you there!
      Originally posted by mysticsoto
      Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

Will he be commenting on the rumors that Gus Johnson, after recuperating from his annual March Madness heart attack, will be taking his post as play-by-play announcer for Bills games in 2010?

Comment

• Coach Sal
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Oaf
          Will he be commenting on the rumors that Gus Johnson, after recuperating from his annual March Madness heart attack, will be taking his post as play-by-play announcer for Bills games in 2010?
          I think Gus may be able to find a way to make paint drying sound like something incredible was happening.
          Click to listen:

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Ask him if he any inside scoop on Lynch.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

a tongue in cheek question to ask Murph is, "ever since you've been the head play by play guy, the bills haven't been to the playoffs. How much of that do you shoulder?"

Murph strikes me as a guy who would joke around with that a little.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                !?!?!?!?!?
                • Mar 2006

Sal, if you don't mind....discuss the rumors flying around about Tebow and Clausen. Thanks :)

Comment

• Oaf
                  Do you read what you write?
                  • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                  I think Gus may be able to find a way to make paint drying sound like something incredible was happening.
                  Exactly. So if he can do that, we might be able to enjoy Bills this year.

Comment

• T-Long
                    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                    • Sep 2003

Im sure you are going to ask this, but I want to get his full take on the QB situation...with the trio we have and who he feels the Bills have their eye on in the draft

Comment

• homeslice5484
                      • Jul 2008

Can anyone sum up what Sal and Murphy talked about? I just joined the conversation...

Comment

• Coach Sal
                        • Aug 2006

First, I'm really sorry about the audio problems at the beginning.

For those of you who stuck with us through that, I am grateful. As you know, these things happen in live radio/TV/Internet.

That being said, Murph said:
                        - Doesn't really like Clausen at #9, and doesn't think Bills do, either. But is all for bringing in another QB to compete and take over soon.
                        - Doesn't think Tebow is a 1st rounder and doesn't see the Bills reaching on him. Maybe later, though, if he's there. Said the Bills had SEVERAL prospects in the night Kelly dined with him, but it was made out to be like it was just them.
                        - Maybin needs to have big year. Was hurt a lot by missing camp last year......didn't like the pick at all, thought it was a luxury pick, basically.
                        - Thinks Schobel iwants Bills to relax their practice time requirements for him and says Aaron wants to spend more time with family in Texas. Doesn't know when he'll make a decision.
                        - Was glad Bills didn't get McNabb, but says he would have been a good short-term solution.
                        - Has not heard anything regarding M. Lynch wanting to be traded. Says Freddy can be a #1, but we must have another back.
                        - Very impressed with Gailey and Nix and says they know exactly what they want and how they want to build team and are making all their decisions based on that.
                        Click to listen:

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                          !?!?!?!?!?
                          • Mar 2006

Re: Bills play-by-play announcer John Murphy will be my guest on Bills Now! Wed @ 9:1

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                          First, I'm really sorry about the audio problems at the beginning.

For those of you who stuck with us through that, I am grateful. As you know, these things happen in live radio/TV/Internet.

That being said, Murph said:
                          - Doesn't really like Clausen at #9, and doesn't think Bills do, either. But is all for bringing in another QB to compete and take over soon.
                          - Doesn't think Tebow is a 1st rounder and doesn't see the Bills reaching on him. Maybe later, though, if he's there. Said the Bills had SEVERAL prospects in the night Kelly dined with him, but it was made out to be like it was just them.
                          - Maybin needs to have big year. Was hurt a lot by missing camp last year......didn't like the pick at all, thought it was a luxury pick, basically.
                          - Thinks Schobel iwants Bills to relax their practice time requirements for him and says Aaron wants to spend more time with family in Texas. Doesn't know when he'll make a decision.
                          - Was glad Bills didn't get McNabb, but says he would have been a good short-term solution.
                          - Has not heard anything regarding M. Lynch wanting to be traded. Says Freddy can be a #1, but we must have another back.
                          - Very impressed with Gailey and Nix and says they know exactly what they want and how they want to build team and are making all their decisions based on that.
                          That's some great info right there!! Gives us an idea of where the Bills are leaning for sure. I see the OTs being high up there on the Bills' board and after that we could see a trade down or a skill position player taken.

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Schobel wants to be "special" huh? Take a hike buddy your done.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                              • Aug 2006

Unfortunately, we had some audio problems in the beginning, so this starts after the first couple questions, which I tried to reset anyway for everyone. But here's most of the interview:

Click to listen:

Comment

Working...
                              X