PDA

View Full Version : Bills play-by-play announcer John Murphy will be my guest on Bills Now! Wed @ 9:10pm

Coach Sal
04-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Buffalo Bills play-by-play announcer and WIVB-Buffalo (CBS, 4) Sports Director John Murphy will be my special guest Wednesday night on Buffalo Bills Now! at 9:10pm!

We'll have plenty to talk about!!

Link to show (please note show will start at 9:10 and not the normal 9:05pm):
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/buffalo-bills-now/v3

Coach Sal
04-06-2010, 09:42 PM
NFL Now! airs at 8pm tomorrow night, as well. Johnny Von and I will discuss/debate the McNabb deal, the draft, and other NFL news.......

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nfl-now

Hope to see you there!

Dr. Lecter
04-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Awesome job Sal!

See you there!

Oaf
04-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Will he be commenting on the rumors that Gus Johnson, after recuperating from his annual March Madness heart attack, will be taking his post as play-by-play announcer for Bills games in 2010?

Coach Sal
04-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Will he be commenting on the rumors that Gus Johnson, after recuperating from his annual March Madness heart attack, will be taking his post as play-by-play announcer for Bills games in 2010?

I think Gus may be able to find a way to make paint drying sound like something incredible was happening.

justasportsfan
04-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Ask him if he any inside scoop on Lynch.

trapezeus
04-07-2010, 09:47 AM
a tongue in cheek question to ask Murph is, "ever since you've been the head play by play guy, the bills haven't been to the playoffs. How much of that do you shoulder?"

Murph strikes me as a guy who would joke around with that a little.

BILLSROCK1212
04-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Sal, if you don't mind....discuss the rumors flying around about Tebow and Clausen. Thanks :)

Oaf
04-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I think Gus may be able to find a way to make paint drying sound like something incredible was happening.
Exactly. So if he can do that, we might be able to enjoy Bills this year.

T-Long
04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Im sure you are going to ask this, but I want to get his full take on the QB situation...with the trio we have and who he feels the Bills have their eye on in the draft

homeslice5484
04-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Can anyone sum up what Sal and Murphy talked about? I just joined the conversation...

Coach Sal
04-07-2010, 10:12 PM
First, I'm really sorry about the audio problems at the beginning.

For those of you who stuck with us through that, I am grateful. As you know, these things happen in live radio/TV/Internet.

That being said, Murph said:
- Doesn't really like Clausen at #9, and doesn't think Bills do, either. But is all for bringing in another QB to compete and take over soon.
- Doesn't think Tebow is a 1st rounder and doesn't see the Bills reaching on him. Maybe later, though, if he's there. Said the Bills had SEVERAL prospects in the night Kelly dined with him, but it was made out to be like it was just them.
- Maybin needs to have big year. Was hurt a lot by missing camp last year......didn't like the pick at all, thought it was a luxury pick, basically.
- Thinks Schobel iwants Bills to relax their practice time requirements for him and says Aaron wants to spend more time with family in Texas. Doesn't know when he'll make a decision.
- Was glad Bills didn't get McNabb, but says he would have been a good short-term solution.
- Has not heard anything regarding M. Lynch wanting to be traded. Says Freddy can be a #1, but we must have another back.
- Very impressed with Gailey and Nix and says they know exactly what they want and how they want to build team and are making all their decisions based on that.

BILLSROCK1212
04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
First, I'm really sorry about the audio problems at the beginning.

For those of you who stuck with us through that, I am grateful. As you know, these things happen in live radio/TV/Internet.

That being said, Murph said:
- Doesn't really like Clausen at #9, and doesn't think Bills do, either. But is all for bringing in another QB to compete and take over soon.
- Doesn't think Tebow is a 1st rounder and doesn't see the Bills reaching on him. Maybe later, though, if he's there. Said the Bills had SEVERAL prospects in the night Kelly dined with him, but it was made out to be like it was just them.
- Maybin needs to have big year. Was hurt a lot by missing camp last year......didn't like the pick at all, thought it was a luxury pick, basically.
- Thinks Schobel iwants Bills to relax their practice time requirements for him and says Aaron wants to spend more time with family in Texas. Doesn't know when he'll make a decision.
- Was glad Bills didn't get McNabb, but says he would have been a good short-term solution.
- Has not heard anything regarding M. Lynch wanting to be traded. Says Freddy can be a #1, but we must have another back.
- Very impressed with Gailey and Nix and says they know exactly what they want and how they want to build team and are making all their decisions based on that.That's some great info right there!! Gives us an idea of where the Bills are leaning for sure. I see the OTs being high up there on the Bills' board and after that we could see a trade down or a skill position player taken.

The Spaz
04-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Schobel wants to be "special" huh? Take a hike buddy your done.

Coach Sal
04-07-2010, 11:26 PM
Unfortunately, we had some audio problems in the beginning, so this starts after the first couple questions, which I tried to reset anyway for everyone. But here's most of the interview:

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/6032386

NOT THE DUDE...
04-08-2010, 12:28 AM
good show... i really think tebow is a real possibility...

justasportsfan
04-08-2010, 09:53 AM
- Very impressed with Gailey and Nix and says they know exactly what they want and how they want to build team and are making all their decisions based on that.

love hearing that. Hope they can produce results.