PDA

View Full Version : What if Scenario

ZAZusmc03
04-07-2010, 07:28 AM
I know most people do not feel that we should be trading up or losing any picks, myself included, But what would everyone say if this were to happen in this seasons draft?

With the 9th overall pick, the Bills select Brian Bulaga - OT - Iowa

In a surprising fashion, They trade back into the 1st, and select
Maurkice Pouncey - C/G - Florida

I know it is completely from left field, But I have read several times in here that we need another starting caliber interior lineman to play infront of hangarther, and many feel we should use this draft to shore up our OL. What is your reaction if this happens on opening day of the draft?

ddaryl
04-07-2010, 07:33 AM
I'm a HUGE fan of solidifing our trenches once and for all... So for me I wouldn't scream bloody murder

but I don't think we will be jumping back into the 1st rd for another OL IF we select a T at #9

Night Train
04-07-2010, 07:35 AM
You wouldn't hear any crying for me. I'd be fine with it.

Wood had a compound fracture and all the glowing reports mean little until he shows he can play effectively in Sept. It may take longer.

Pouncey can start immediately at either G or C. Bulaga would be our LT. Hangartner can play either C or G or be our top backup.

Jan Reimers
04-07-2010, 07:37 AM
I think we have too many other needs than to take an interior O lineman. Bulaga makes sense. But Poncey, when we have so many needs in the 3-4, as well as WR, QB and possibly RB (given the Lynch situation), is a luxury that a talent-poor team can't afford.

Jaybird
04-07-2010, 07:43 AM
if he's around in the second it is an option

ZAZusmc03
04-07-2010, 12:52 PM
I can't say I would be upset with this scenario, But I would rather see us possibly trade back for additional picks, Take Pouncey in the last 1st and grab our OT in the 2nd. We finish up the interior of our line, grab a tackle, and get ready for a smash mouth season of running the ball down peoples throats.

SirMcGee
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm cool. Would give us a great o-line on paper.

OpIv37
04-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I'd prefer to get a NT and true pass rusher for the D before an interior lineman, but I wouldn't complain too much. This team definitely needs OL help, and it would be far smarter than grabbing a QB or CJ Spiller (nothing against Spiller specifically- this team just has too many other needs to be going RB early).

Mahdi
04-07-2010, 02:07 PM
I know most people do not feel that we should be trading up or losing any picks, myself included, But what would everyone say if this were to happen in this seasons draft?

With the 9th overall pick, the Bills select Brian Bulaga - OT - Iowa

In a surprising fashion, They trade back into the 1st, and select
Maurkice Pouncey - C/G - Florida

I know it is completely from left field, But I have read several times in here that we need another starting caliber interior lineman to play infront of hangarther, and many feel we should use this draft to shore up our OL. What is your reaction if this happens on opening day of the draft?
I love Pouncey. I think he is one of the best players in the draft. The fact that he is a C/G is what makes him a top 25 pick but he is a tremendous player.

If we were to trade back for him I would be impressed. We would be building an interior similar to that of the NYJ.

The loss of picks would hurt though.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2010, 02:44 PM
I think we need a hell of a lot more help on D line than O line at this point.

jamze132
04-08-2010, 07:16 AM
I think we need a hell of a lot more help on D line than O line at this point.
Both lines suck, but we do not have an OT that can get out of bed in the morning without pissing and ****ting all over himself.

TacklingDummy
04-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Trench building means nothing when the guy behind center blows.

Trenches can be built after round 1.