X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZAZusmc03
    • Jan 2010

What if Scenario

I know most people do not feel that we should be trading up or losing any picks, myself included, But what would everyone say if this were to happen in this seasons draft?

With the 9th overall pick, the Bills select Brian Bulaga - OT - Iowa

In a surprising fashion, They trade back into the 1st, and select
    Maurkice Pouncey - C/G - Florida

I know it is completely from left field, But I have read several times in here that we need another starting caliber interior lineman to play infront of hangarther, and many feel we should use this draft to shore up our OL. What is your reaction if this happens on opening day of the draft?
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: What if Scenario

I'm a HUGE fan of solidifing our trenches once and for all... So for me I wouldn't scream bloody murder

but I don't think we will be jumping back into the 1st rd for another OL IF we select a T at #9

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

You wouldn't hear any crying for me. I'd be fine with it.

Wood had a compound fracture and all the glowing reports mean little until he shows he can play effectively in Sept. It may take longer.

Pouncey can start immediately at either G or C. Bulaga would be our LT. Hangartner can play either C or G or be our top backup.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

I think we have too many other needs than to take an interior O lineman. Bulaga makes sense. But Poncey, when we have so many needs in the 3-4, as well as WR, QB and possibly RB (given the Lynch situation), is a luxury that a talent-poor team can't afford.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jaybird
          • Dec 2005

if he's around in the second it is an option

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
            • Jan 2010

I can't say I would be upset with this scenario, But I would rather see us possibly trade back for additional picks, Take Pouncey in the last 1st and grab our OT in the 2nd. We finish up the interior of our line, grab a tackle, and get ready for a smash mouth season of running the ball down peoples throats.

Comment

• SirMcGee
              • Feb 2010

I'm cool. Would give us a great o-line on paper.
              DRAFT WISHLIST
              1) BRYAN BULAGA - OT/IOWA
              2) JONATHON DWYER - RB/GA TECH
              3) JASON WORILDS - OLB/ VA. TECH
              4) TORRELL TROUP - NT/CENTRAL FLORIDA

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

I'd prefer to get a NT and true pass rusher for the D before an interior lineman, but I wouldn't complain too much. This team definitely needs OL help, and it would be far smarter than grabbing a QB or CJ Spiller (nothing against Spiller specifically- this team just has too many other needs to be going RB early).
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ZAZusmc03
                  I know most people do not feel that we should be trading up or losing any picks, myself included, But what would everyone say if this were to happen in this seasons draft?

With the 9th overall pick, the Bills select Brian Bulaga - OT - Iowa

In a surprising fashion, They trade back into the 1st, and select
                  Maurkice Pouncey - C/G - Florida

I know it is completely from left field, But I have read several times in here that we need another starting caliber interior lineman to play infront of hangarther, and many feel we should use this draft to shore up our OL. What is your reaction if this happens on opening day of the draft?
                  I love Pouncey. I think he is one of the best players in the draft. The fact that he is a C/G is what makes him a top 25 pick but he is a tremendous player.

If we were to trade back for him I would be impressed. We would be building an interior similar to that of the NYJ.

The loss of picks would hurt though.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

I think we need a hell of a lot more help on D line than O line at this point.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                      I think we need a hell of a lot more help on D line than O line at this point.
                      Both lines suck, but we do not have an OT that can get out of bed in the morning without pissing and ****ting all over himself.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Trench building means nothing when the guy behind center blows.

Trenches can be built after round 1.
                        Last edited by TacklingDummy; 04-08-2010, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X