X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Jason Taylor visiting Jets today

I still think he has some left in the tank.

Pats have also shown interest.

Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • tat2dmike77
    Let the planet get warmer. We'll grow oranges in Alaska!
    • Dec 2005

Re: Jason Taylor visiting Jets today

If he was a situational guy then maybe but even then i doubt he would make any kind of impact.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

How can they sign him due to this final 4 rule? If I'm not mistaken he is a UFA...don't they have to lose an equal value UFA to sign him?
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I didn't know the fins cut him.

Comment

• Coach Sal
          • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
          How can they sign him due to this final 4 rule? If I'm not mistaken he is a UFA...don't they have to lose an equal value UFA to sign him?
          They just lost kicker Jay Feely as a UFA (Arizona) last week.

They lost a couple RFAs, but I don't know if those count.
          Click to listen:

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Comment

• Coach Sal
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
            I didn't know the fins cut him.
            They didn't. He had a 1-year contract.
            Click to listen:

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Patriots not getting into Taylor mix

Newark Star-Ledger reporter Manish Mehta tweets an unnamed source has informed him it's "basically a done deal" between the New York Jets and Jason Taylor, the longtime Miami Dolphins sack artist.

The whirlwind courtship doesn't seem to have stirred the New England Patriots, a team that previously has expressed interest in Taylor.

Boston Herald reported Karen Guregian spoke with Taylor's agent, Gary Wichard, who informed her the Patriots haven't been in communication.

"There's nothing planned on that," Wichard told Guregian. The Jets "have been targeting him. When they lost the free agent [kicker Jay Feely], they were then allowed to go sign another free agent. So they called immediately on Jason. He's up there now. We'll see what happens."

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Big deal.

Comment

• mchurchfie
                  • Jul 2002

Losing Feeley will have a bigger impact on them than gaining Taylor.
                  My Band
                  daveviterna.com

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

taylor could be usable in NY based on how good their D is and how he'll be a situational guy.

on any other team where they are expecting him to be the primary pass rusher, they will end up disappointed.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

The guy sucked as a Redskin. He's not completely washed up, but he's a shell of his former self. And the Jets' D is good enough without him. I'm really not all that concerned about him ending up there.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

I like Taylor a lot, one of my favorite players on opposing teams. Great player, great teammate. I think he still has something left to help teams as well, as he was pretty good for Miami last year.

That said, this is pretty obviously a transparent ploy to get the Dolphins to step up and sign him. He wants to return to Miami, but they have been pretty lukewarm in terms of interest. I think Miami wants to wait until after the draft, but Taylor wants them to step up now and sign him.

Unless the Jets do an incredible sales job on him, my guess is he leaves NY today. If he gets an offer, Miami is going to get a chance to match or come close. He wants to return to Miami.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                          We play to win the game!
                          • Oct 2009

Rex Ryan has reportedly promised him that behind his Number One Ranked defense Jason Taylor will have 16 Sacks. He wants him signed today. That's what I heard from Sheftler on ESPN

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
                            Rex Ryan has reportedly promised him that behind his Number One Ranked defense Jason Taylor will have 16 Sacks. He wants him signed today. That's what I heard from Sheftler on ESPN
                            LINK

Jason Taylor boarded a 7 a.m. plane to New York today. He is visiting the New York Jets as an unrestricted free agent, according to his agent Gary Wichard.

"I pushed him up there," Wichard just told me. "I twisted his arm. He loves the fans in Miami and he gave up $8 million last year to play in front of fans. I am the one to push him to go up there because I don't know what will be available to on April 23 or 25th or whatever."

According to Wichard, Ryan started calling, trying to get Taylor signed the same day they lost kicker Jay Feeley to Arizona in free agency. The Jets are a Final 4 team and can add unrestricted free agents when they lose unrestricted free agents.

"How do you say no to Rex Ryan? Wichard said. "You got to listen to him. I cannot explain to you how much Rex wants him up there."

Wichard said Taylor would probably not sign a contract while he's on the visit.

"He's going to hear, feel and touch the situation, and then we'll meet to decide what happens next," Wichard said.

Taylor's schedule is to be up in New York today and Thursday. He is traveling with his wife, Katina.

Comment

Working...
                            X