PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow to Buffalo? Mel Kiper thinks so

The Spaz
04-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Much speculation has surrounded Tim Tebow and the Buffalo Bills since the former Gators QB met with Jim Kelly a few weeks ago. Vic Carucci of NFL.com writer believes the Bills could take him at No. 9 overall.

Mel Kiper Jr. thinks the Bills will take Tebow, too — but in the second round. The ESPN draft expert just said on a conference call he has the Bills taking Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga at No. 9 overall and then Tebow in the second round.

With the way Tebow’s stock has been rising, the question is whether Tebow will be available at No. 41, where the Bills pick in the second round. There is potential for the Eagles, Browns or Patriots to also take Tebow.

http://ow.ly/170mmw

BuffaloBlitz83
04-07-2010, 12:07 PM
At number 9 WTF. I could possibly, possibly live with him in Rd 2

Bravo82
04-07-2010, 12:16 PM
Spiller at #9

Trade Thugmode and a couple draft picks to move back up into the late 1st round and take Tebow.

Then Brandon Spikes at #41 :clap::clap::clap:

Forward_Lateral
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
If they take Tebow at number 9, I think this place will implode.

OpIv37
04-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Spiller at #9

Trade Thugmode and a couple draft picks to move back up into the late 1st round and take Tebow.

Then Brandon Spikes at #41 :clap::clap::clap:

Not likely- any trade back into the first round would most likely result in us losing that #41 pick.

OpIv37
04-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Also, Kiper's 4 round mock doesn't have us selecting a NT or true pass rusher in the first 4 rounds. If that's how the draft goes, we're completely screwed.

ddaryl
04-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Also, Kiper's 4 round mock doesn't have us selecting a NT or true pass rusher in the first 4 rounds. If that's how the draft goes, we're completely screwed.

You ain't kidding.... Personally I want us concentrating in this very deep draft for OL and DL on the OL and DL...

Bring in a vet for competition against Edwards and Brohm this year... and use what you have left to start stock piling picks for next years draft like dealing Lynch and whoever else is expendible. Then use those picks and whatever it takes to put us in positon for the Jake Locker sweepstakes next year.

that's the way i would liek to see our cards fall

mikemac2001
04-07-2010, 12:46 PM

And so will the billszone

NOT THE DUDE...
04-07-2010, 12:49 PM
tebow at 9, i can feel it..... welcome to buffalo tim tebow!!!!!!

Bill Cody
04-07-2010, 01:08 PM

So do we have a wager?

Mr Bills
04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
drafting teblow at 9 or 41 is going to be the biggest epic failure in bills history, and thats saying something.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-07-2010, 02:38 PM
drafting teblow at 9 or 41 is going to be the biggest epic failure in bills history, and thats saying something.

except for the fact that tebow is going to be a all pro qb....

Bill Cody
04-07-2010, 02:58 PM

I can't feel it. Care to bet ALL of your zone bucks?:laughing:

JCBills
04-07-2010, 03:21 PM
except for the fact that tebow is going to be a all pro qb....

LOL

In how many years?

OpIv37
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM

This would be about the dumbest move ever. It would be our Ted Ginn Jr or Mike Williams II or Ryan Leaf.

JCBills
04-07-2010, 03:25 PM

So when this doesn't happen, will you finally stop making polls about whether or not to spend a top 10 pick on a 2nd-3rd rounder years away from readiness?

hemi13
04-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Yes Tebow at number 9 and I'd enjoy seeing the implosion. HA HA

jmb1099
04-07-2010, 04:25 PM
New England is going to draft him, let him learn from Brady, and punish us for another decade. Is Tebow really that bad or have we grown so used to losing that we can't have a proven winner on this team?

X-Era
04-07-2010, 04:31 PM
Much speculation has surrounded Tim Tebow and the Buffalo Bills since the former Gators QB met with Jim Kelly a few weeks ago. Vic Carucci of NFL.com writer believes the Bills could take him at No. 9 overall.

Mel Kiper Jr. thinks the Bills will take Tebow, too — but in the second round. The ESPN draft expert just said on a conference call he has the Bills taking Iowa OT Bryan Bulaga at No. 9 overall and then Tebow in the second round.

With the way Tebow’s stock has been rising, the question is whether Tebow will be available at No. 41, where the Bills pick in the second round. There is potential for the Eagles, Browns or Patriots to also take Tebow.

http://ow.ly/170mmw
If we want Tebow, trade down. Trade down and get an extra pick or two... even late rounders. Move to the late teens or 20's if your hell bent on Tebow.

X-Era
04-07-2010, 04:34 PM
It shouldnt.

I dont think he "looks" to be worth the 9 pick, but if he comes out and becomes a pro-bowler in a few years and leads us to the playoffs, would it be well spent? Hell yes.

No one knows. It isn't worth blowing up over until we get several years out and can get a full eval on it.

Is he worth the 9 pick to me at this point? Absolutely not. But, several players drafted later will end up being worthy of that pick when all is said and done.

As much Science as we all want to put into into it, and I'm one of those people, its still a crap shoot. And if anyone could succeed with so much against him, its Tim Tebow.

As strictly a player for this team, theres no better attitude guy and team mate than Tebow in this draft, as a QB, theres many players that are better IMO.

Novacane
04-07-2010, 07:38 PM
It's something about so many people saying Tebow will suck in the NFL that makes me think he's going to be good. If they want him I hope they can move back a few spots and get another pick.

christhebillsfan783
04-07-2010, 09:02 PM
BOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NO! I can't stand that guy. I would not be able to support him. I would have a really hard time even supporting the team. He is above brady on my list of hated qb's, and that speaks volumes.

Beebe's Kid
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
If Buddy and Chan think he's the guy...who am I to argue? Nobody.

I think Tebow will be successful in the NFL. I don't how successful, but we'll find out shortly. I would rather we take him than watch him lead the some other team to a Lombardi Trophy... The guy has been rooted against and hated forever, and he has been successful equally as long. He has put together a hell of a resume, despite all the detractors. For me to believe that some dickless **** like Kiper or Clayton can look at a few tapes and decide if he can make it is a mistake.

ddaryl
04-08-2010, 03:55 PM
New England is going to draft him, let him learn from Brady, and punish us for another decade. Is Tebow really that bad or have we grown so used to losing that we can't have a proven winner on this team?

NE has the luxury of developing a QB for a few years... THE BILLS DO NOT HAVE THAT LUXURY

We need a guarenteed starters in all of our early picks.....

JCBills
04-08-2010, 04:05 PM

Proven winner? How many games has he played in the league? The term "proven winner" does not apply.

Bravo82
04-08-2010, 04:08 PM
Proven winner? How many games has he played in the league? The term "proven winner" does not apply.

Winning is overrated...It's all about the metrics, really http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/bravo_82/bravho.jpg

JCBills
04-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Winning is overrated...It's all about the metrics, really http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/bravo_82/bravho.jpg

Still on my sack I see.

Funny how I raged O into getting all of his minions to follow me around with a picture of KC on the ready. Quite sad actually.

Bravo82
04-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Still on my sack I see.

Funny how I raged O into getting all of his minions to follow me around with a picture of KC on the ready. Quite sad actually.

I regret to inform you Sir that I am indeed not a minion IMHO http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/bravo_82/bravho.jpg

JCBills
04-08-2010, 04:18 PM
I regret to inform you Sir that I am indeed not a minion IMHO http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/bravo_82/bravho.jpg

Keep buffing, they're almost shiny.

Bravo82
04-08-2010, 04:39 PM
some haters in here http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/bravo_82/sasmokin.gif

JCBills
04-08-2010, 04:41 PM
some haters in here http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/bravo_82/sasmokin.gif

Your go-to line when you run out of trash to spew. At least it's over.