PDA

View Full Version : National Football Post Mock Draft

The Spaz
04-07-2010, 11:54 AM
9. Buffalo Bills: Tim Tebow, QB, Florida
The Bills need to put fans in the seats and have had nothing but glowing remarks about Tebow and his leadership capabilities. In what could be the real surprise of the first round, Buffalo opts for Tebow at nine.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Mock-Draft-50.html

clumping platelets
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM
:down:

BuffaloBillsStampede
04-07-2010, 11:58 AM
I would have to be put on suicide watch......

DraftBoy
04-07-2010, 12:00 PM
His reasoning doesnt even make sense...Did Buffalo fail to sell out any home game last year?

madness
04-07-2010, 12:01 PM
WTF? This Tebow in the first round crap needs to stop.

Jaybird
04-07-2010, 12:02 PM
I would take a hammer to my nuts

jamze132
04-07-2010, 12:02 PM
Ridiculous.

Ed
04-07-2010, 12:05 PM
And then we also grab WR Brandon Lafell in round 2. Tebow and Lafell? Get out of here.

They also have Odrick going #7 overall.

BillsMan80
04-07-2010, 12:08 PM
My Television would not be in one piece if that really happened...in fact I might have to find another team to root for if they really draft him at 9 because this franchise would be hopeless.

ZAZusmc03
04-07-2010, 12:10 PM
Crap mocks like this lead me to believe its just a way to increase traffic to their site.

Mad Bomber
04-07-2010, 12:10 PM
His reasoning doesnt even make sense...Did Buffalo fail to sell out any home game last year?
He must have had us confused with Jacksonville. What a tool.

methos4ever
04-07-2010, 12:21 PM
That was a confusing pick.

better days
04-07-2010, 12:28 PM
My Television would not be in one piece if that really happened...in fact I might have to find another team to root for if they really draft him at 9 because this franchise would be hopeless.

Try & hold off on that. 3D TV's are just around the corner.

JCBills
04-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Anyone who talks about "Buffalo needs to sell tickets" or anything even close to it has NO IDEA what they're talking about. We've sucked for a decade and the seats still fill out, tailgating is still a mainstay, and the fans are as passionate as ever. There is no such thing as a fair-weather Bills fan. If we were actually struggling on ticket sales, reaching on a big name project isn't the way to go. Winning games is.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Thank god this is just a mock draft and 1 persons option or else...?

JCBills
04-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Not only does it have us reaching on Tebow at 9, but taking him over the obviously more polished (can take snaps under center w/o fumbling, you know, that complex stuff LOL) Clausen, which is a complete joke.

TigerJ
04-07-2010, 03:40 PM
Bunting is an idiot. As DraftBoy stated, Buffalo has consistently shown the ability to fill the stadium. Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey have shown they are about making decisions for football reasons, not marketing reasons, just like they've said they would. The mock has no credibility whatsoever.

Ed
04-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Anyone who talks about "Buffalo needs to sell tickets" or anything even close to it has NO IDEA what they're talking about. We've sucked for a decade and the seats still fill out, tailgating is still a mainstay, and the fans are as passionate as ever. There is no such thing as a fair-weather Bills fan. If we were actually struggling on ticket sales, reaching on a big name project isn't the way to go. Winning games is.
Yeah, considering the majority of Bills fans would be pissed if we selected Tebow with the #9 pick, I don't see how that would possibly be a boost to ticket sales. Clausen on the other hand, as you said, would actually create some buzz.

I'm not a fan of taking Clausen at #9 either though.

JCBills
04-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Yeah, considering the majority of Bills fans would be pissed if we selected Tebow with the #9 pick, I don't see how that would possibly be a boost to ticket sales. Clausen on the other hand, as you said, would actually create some buzz.

I'm not a fan of taking Clausen at #9 either though.

If they were going for a "how can we save money on tearing down the stadium?" deal, they could take Tebow at 9. I think most people are sensible enough (excluding the imbeciles) to know he isn't worth the pick, but of course those who don't like JOHNDE whatever his name is, see things like Tebow being invited to the draft as a sure sign he's the Bills 1st round pick. How those two are connected, I don't know, but people will grasp at anything.