zone
04-07-2010, 02:40 PM
per vtext.

ptd86
04-07-2010, 02:41 PM
dont even know who that is

The King
04-07-2010, 02:42 PM
The older brother of the good Mendenhall...

zone
04-07-2010, 02:42 PM
He is Rashard's older brother.

Night Train
04-07-2010, 02:43 PM
He was great in Steely Dan.

Italian Stallion
04-07-2010, 02:43 PM
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Ickybaluky
04-07-2010, 02:47 PM
That is Rashad's older brother. He was an undrafted FA in last year's draft. Played at Illinois State. Big kid with great measurable who runs with power. He flashed his obvious athletic ability, book on him said he was inconsistent, sucked in the passing game and with pass protection.

He originally signed with Philly after the draft, but was cut before camp. Signed by the Colts in August, but was cut a few days later. Has been out of the game since.

The Spaz
04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Could it mean something? Who knows.

The Spaz
04-07-2010, 02:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHy73OuPtIg

shelby
04-07-2010, 03:07 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-sign-RB-Mendenhall/7325e1d8-c54f-4d27-b8bb-eb3b12e03f62#content-tools-email

Here's yer link.

Should i be excited?

ServoBillieves
04-07-2010, 03:14 PM
Championship.

The Spaz
04-07-2010, 03:16 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-sign-RB-Mendenhall/7325e1d8-c54f-4d27-b8bb-eb3b12e03f62#content-tools-email

Here's yer link.

Should i be excited?

Who knows. Never can bring in enough players especially for the Bills.

BILLSROCK1212
04-07-2010, 03:17 PM
runs in a similar style to Marshawn...could hint that the Bills may be trying to move him

BuffaloBlitz83
04-07-2010, 03:21 PM
The BEAST returns this season behind a nice OT and Guards that have more experience!

The Spaz
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
The BEAST returns this season behind a nice OT and Guards that have more experience!

The Beast still hasn't returned and was absent last year as well.

TigerJ
04-07-2010, 03:27 PM
[quote=NE39]. . . book on him said he was inconsistent. . ./quote] They're definitely trying to replace Lynch.

EDS
04-07-2010, 03:28 PM
runs in a similar style to Marshawn...could hint that the Bills may be trying to move him

I doubt the Bills are counting on a street free agent with no NFL experience to replace Lynch, regardless of how lackluster he was last season. Just a hunch.

patmoran2006
04-07-2010, 03:30 PM
Funny...

richeisen (http://twitter.com/richeisen) And Stephen Baldwin. RT @chrispatton_33 (http://twitter.com/chrispatton_33): @richeisen (http://twitter.com/richeisen) Will the Bills also be signing Frank Stallone?

OpIv37
04-07-2010, 03:30 PM

Here's yer link.

Should i be excited?

No. This guy is just like that WR we brought in last week. Every year, the Bills sign at least 1 or 2 of these guys, and every year, they get cut during camp. Some don't even manage to stay on the roster that long and get cut after OTA's.

ddaryl
04-07-2010, 03:37 PM
I think many need to take these signings with an understanding that you have to have enough camp competition. Players like these are worth a chance, they compete, and if 1 or 2 make the team in the end then we are 1 or 2 players better then we would have been. if none make it, then oh well...

That's about all you can take from these types of pickups...

Ickybaluky
04-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Xavier Omon is available again.

One interesting note I just read thatI had forgotten: he played at Illinois with his brother. Illinois recruited him hoping his younger brother would go there as well. It worked, but when Rashard turned pro Ron Zook pulled his scholarship (he had redshirted and had a year of eligibility left). He had to transfer to Illinois State to play.

I wonder if the Bills are thinking the same thing. Rashard is a FA in 2013.

Mr. Pink
04-07-2010, 03:56 PM
:rofl:

This guy will be lucky to be on the roster in July.

Buddo
04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
At the end of the day, the Bills have brought in another guy who could have value as a backup. It's also at another place where there was a 'hole'. The guy seems like the right sort of build for a pounder, who can give some relief to your starter(s).
Who knows if he will actually amount to anything, but he fills another hole, and again, Nix is giving himself a little more flexibility within the draft.
In many respects, for the moment, it isn't, for me, as much about how good these guys are, as only time will tell, but more about the actual approach of Nix etc. Pretty much every signing so far, even if it just proves to be camp fodder, has been specifically in areas where there are perceived, or obvious, holes.
Once again, the evidence at hand is showing Nix, to at least be attempting exactly what he said he would.
I can't say I'm excited by this signing, but I am pleased that it shows that the FO is finally working to a recognisable 'plan'.

The Spaz
04-07-2010, 04:09 PM
At the end of the day, the Bills have brought in another guy who could have value as a backup. It's also at another place where there was a 'hole'. The guy seems like the right sort of build for a pounder, who can give some relief to your starter(s).
Who knows if he will actually amount to anything, but he fills another hole, and again, Nix is giving himself a little more flexibility within the draft.
In many respects, for the moment, it isn't, for me, as much about how good these guys are, as only time will tell, but more about the actual approach of Nix etc. Pretty much every signing so far, even if it just proves to be camp fodder, has been specifically in areas where there are perceived, or obvious, holes.
Once again, the evidence at hand is showing Nix, to at least be attempting exactly what he said he would.
I can't say I'm excited by this signing, but I am pleased that it shows that the FO is finally working to a recognisable 'plan'.

Exactly.

X-Era
04-07-2010, 04:40 PM
And queue the term "serviceable" in 5,4,3,2,....

PECKERWOOD
04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
Extra bodies around in the facility, what could it hurt? He is around strictly to help our more established players as a workout partner.

EDS
04-07-2010, 04:53 PM

TD, for all his ills, had a great track record as far as identifying undrafted talent. He signed Peters and Greer (and others who made more modest contributions), both of whom turned into solid players. Let's hope Nix has similar success.

trapezeus
04-07-2010, 05:02 PM
even without the lynch distraction, the team is short running backs. they needed to sign and/or draft someone with only jackson and lynch playing.

The fact that lynch is possibly going to be a baby and throw the season, we'll we need more insurance, because i think it's unlikekly that fred jackson can stay healthy for 32 straight NFL weeks and have no back up.

TigerJ
04-07-2010, 05:59 PM
When you google Walter Mendenhall, you get link after link referencing his little brother Rashard. I was able to piece together a little info. He was 6' and weighed 195 coming out of high school, and ran a 4.4 40. By last year he had packed on about 30 lbs of (presumably) muscle, and was still considered fast, surprisingly so for his size.

Here's the closest thing to a scouting report I could find.

http://www.yardbarker.com/forum/3/57/discussion/Eagles_new_POWER_RB_Meet_Walter_Mendenhall/610574

SABURZFAN
04-07-2010, 07:04 PM
camp fodder season already?

YardRat
04-07-2010, 07:11 PM
He may not make it to camp, depending on what happens during the draft and after.

more cowbell
04-07-2010, 07:22 PM
hes another body for camp thats cool...but why send a freaking text message out about it? next thing you know the bills will be sending out season ticket renewal forms with a picture of brian moorman punting out of his own endzone against the browns.......

TigerJ
04-07-2010, 10:00 PM
He may not make it to camp, depending on what happens during the draft and after.I think he probably has the measurables to be awarded a training camp roster spot.

mysticsoto
04-08-2010, 08:03 AM
TD, for all his ills, had a great track record as far as identifying undrafted talent. He signed Peters and Greer (and others who made more modest contributions), both of whom turned into solid players. Let's hope Nix has similar success.

He also signed Willis McGahee (who was never really much better than Travis Henry - yet cost us a high pick!) and Mike Williams!!!

Jan Reimers
04-08-2010, 08:58 AM
That is Rashad's older brother. He was an undrafted FA in last year's draft. Played at Illinois State. Big kid with great measurable who runs with power. He flashed his obvious athletic ability, book on him said he was inconsistent, sucked in the passing game and with pass protection.

He originally signed with Philly after the draft, but was cut before camp. Signed by the Colts in August, but was cut a few days later. Has been out of the game since.
Sounds like our kind of guy. Untalented and cheap.

EDS
04-08-2010, 11:09 AM
He also signed Willis McGahee (who was never really much better than Travis Henry - yet cost us a high pick!) and Mike Williams!!!

He drafted McGahee and Williams, yes. He also drafted Henry. I certaintly wasn't questioning the fact that he flubed a bunch of high picks though. What I was pointing out is his success in identifying undrafted talent. The organization's history of success with these types of players would also include Pat Williams and a few others whom I cannot remember now.

DraftBoy
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Xavier Omon is available again.

One interesting note I just read thatI had forgotten: he played at Illinois with his brother. Illinois recruited him hoping his younger brother would go there as well. It worked, but when Rashard turned pro Ron Zook pulled his scholarship (he had redshirted and had a year of eligibility left). He had to transfer to Illinois State to play.

I wonder if the Bills are thinking the same thing. Rashard is a FA in 2013.

It was a dirt bag move what Zook did to Walter but its one that has happened before. Just sad.