PDA

View Full Version : Sauce's mock draft with a saucy write up.

sauce
04-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Let me know what you think....

Round 1, Pick #9- Jimmy Clausen: The Bills get their franchise QB in round 1....QB trumps everything even LT, which is a close second. It's a QB driven league and the Bills get a signal caller with Philip Rivers like intangibles. I still think Clausen will have the better pro career over Sam Bradford. Strong arm, good touch on long throws, pro style offense, can throw accurately on the run. Clausen needs to come in day 1 and become a locker room leader. Anyone who watched Notre Dame knows their Def was non existant, Clausen is used to the pressure of carrying the team on his shoulders. I also considered Trent Wiliams here, but I believe you can get much greater value going QB Round 1, LT Round 2. Opposed to going Williams, Colt McCoy.

Round 2, Pick #41- Roger Staffold- The Bills address the 2nd most important position after selecting a QB in round 1. Staffold has good size, 6-4 1/2, 312 and great athleticism to match. The thing I like about Staffold is he has the speed to cut off the outside and handle the speed rushers. With the Bills divisional opponents all playing the 3-4 it is essential to have an LT who can handle the outside rush. It's funny, I often think of players from Indiana as playing against weak opponents, yet the Big Ten has some good pass rushers.

Round 3, Pick # 72- Torell Troup, NT Central Flordia- I have liked Troup for a while now, he has the strength to take up multiple blockers to free up the LB's to make players. The Bills have to improve their run defesne, and I have some question marks about Kyle Williams at NT. Best case senario, Troup comes in and starts from day 1, worst case Kyle Williams starts and Troup is a rotational NT and devel. behind him. Troup is more of a space filler than a pass rusher so don't expect too much out of the sack depart.

Round 4, # 107- Jason Fox, OT Miami- Whenever I do a mock draft I try to back up a pick in the 1-2 round dependant on what value is left. I like to look at it as insurance on your higher pick. Here, in round 4 there is greater value at OT opposed to QB so I will back up the Staffold pick. Jason Fox has great upside and provides solid value here. We all know the saying "you could never have enough lineman". Fox should provide solid depth, He's a beast at 6'7 307 lbs and scouts say he has the frame to add a few more LBS. While there are durablility issues with Fox when healthy he plays at a high level. As a freshman he did not allow a sack in 12 games. I also thought about a OLB pass rusher like Thadeus Gibson, but I think the Fox pick provides better value. Plus I would like the Bills to come away with two OT's in this draft because I'm not sold on LT or RT on the Bills roster right now.

Round 5 Pick 140- Antonio Coleman, OLB Auburn- Coleman was a DE at Auburn, but projects as a rush OLB in a 3-4 scheme. He's 6'2 260lbs ...In the 3-4 scheme you can never have enough guys who can get to the QB. Look at the Steelers they stockpile edge passrushers. Antonio was named all sec first team in 2009 recording 15.5 Tfl and 9 sacks.

I will continue with rounds 6 and 7 in the next couple of dys...Look for help at WR and RB with a change of pace back

JCBills
04-07-2010, 03:23 PM
I'd be ecstatic with the 2nd and 3rd (obviously).

Saffold* (no T)

I can't get excited about Jason Fox though.

TigerJ
04-07-2010, 06:05 PM
That's a credible mock. Everyone has different preferences, and mine aren't all the same as yours, but I wouldn't be devastated if that's the way it turned out. I am intrigued by Linval Joseph as an alternative to Troup. He's bigger, and (I think) stronger, and has real good quickness too.

YardRat
04-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I really don't want a QB at #9...nobody in this draft has a 'franchise' tag written on them IMO...but I like the OT in the second and Troup in the third. Wouldn't hate it, but I could live with it.

sauce
04-07-2010, 06:54 PM
That's a credible mock. Everyone has different preferences, and mine aren't all the same as yours, but I wouldn't be devastated if that's the way it turned out. I am intrigued by Linval Joseph as an alternative to Troup. He's bigger, and (I think) stronger, and has real good quickness too.

I like Linval better than Troup as well...Just don't think he will be there in the 3rd...

alohabillsfan
04-08-2010, 04:55 AM
i could live with that!

elltrain22
04-08-2010, 04:58 AM
I love all the picks. Very, very saucy!!

THATHURMANATOR
04-08-2010, 08:22 AM
This Mock and write up is quite SAUCY!!!!

I LIKE IT! :bf1: