PDA

View Full Version : HEY THURM, I'M ANTI CLAUSEN

BuffaloBlitz83
04-07-2010, 04:13 PM
MCCOY, PIKE, Snead, OR POSSIBLY, POSSIBLY TEBOW. I think they have more upside.

I THINK CLAUSEN HAS HIGH BUST POTENTIAL. HE HAS PLAYED IN A PRO STYLE OFFENSE SO HE HAS LESS UPSIDE TO IMPROVE. WITH A PRO COACH, SO I THINK WE'VE SEEN THE BEST OF JIMMY.

I WASNT TOO IMPRESSED WITH HIM IN BIG SPOTS AND THE WAY HIS BALL FLOATS.

I used caps for you!

T-Long
04-07-2010, 04:16 PM
I think Thurm and I are in total agreement on this....it's not like we are diehard Clausen fans in general. We are diehard about the Bills taking a chance on a possible franchise QB if he is there at 9. If you are content with the QB's on the roster right now, then so be it. But I would not fault the Bills for taking a chance on Clausen at pick 9. I don't think they will have a chance to get McCoy or Tebow in Round 2. And the rest of the guys? (LeFevour, Pike, Skelton) no thanks.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-07-2010, 04:20 PM
I think Thurm and I are in total agreement on this....it's not like we are diehard Clausen fans in general. We are diehard about the Bills taking a chance on a possible franchise QB if he is there at 9. If you are content with the QB's on the roster right now, then so be it. But I would not fault the Bills for taking a chance on Clausen at pick 9. I don't think they will have a chance to get McCoy or Tebow in Round 2. And the rest of the guys? (LeFevour, Pike, Skelton) no thanks.

Luck and Locker have more upside in my eyes. I rather not make a mistake and take franchise back 5 years. You gotta make sure you pick right QB to put your faith in. You don't just roll dice. I rather fix all our other areas such as OT, NT, OLB. And make QB choice when it's more a no brainer. This isn't one year fix. We gotta find the right guy which we've been missing for over a decade. Jimmy Clausen scares me!

T-Long
04-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Luck and Locker have more upside in my eyes. I rather not make a mistake and take franchise back 5 years. You gotta make sure you pick right QB to put your faith in. You don't just roll dice. I rather fix all our other areas such as OT, NT, OLB. And make QB choice when it's more a no brainer. This isn't one year fix. We gotta find the right guy which we've been missing for over a decade. Jimmy Clausen scares me!
Rolling the dice may have been the wrong words. I feel like Clausen will indeed be a good if not great QB in this league. I think his style of play fits Buffalo. Granted, he is another California QB, but he played his entire collegiate career in the East.

I don't truly think the Bills will take him, especially with Buddy's comments awhile back about California QB's in Buffalo.

Sleeper pick, in my opinion, is C.J. Spiller if he is there and the Top 3 tackles (possibly Davis) are gone.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-07-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't put stuck in where a QB is from. It is the skill level and heart. Not every QB from Cali lacks that. I just think we saw the best of Jimmy in college. He won't improve. And that wasn't good enough for me to see a franchise QB.

X-Era
04-07-2010, 04:37 PM
"HEY THURM, I'M ANTI CLAUSEN"

You hate pickles that much?

http://img4.realsimple.com/images/food-recipes/shopping-storing/0707/pickles-claussen_300.jpg

X-Era
04-07-2010, 04:38 PM

I THINK CLAUSEN HAS HIGH BUST POTENTIAL. HE HAS PLAYED IN A PRO STYLE OFFENSE SO HE HAS LESS UPSIDE TO IMPROVE. WITH A PRO COACH, SO I THINK WE'VE SEEN THE BEST OF JIMMY.

I used caps for you!
McCoy would be my pick. I think he will overachieve in the NFL.

But your list didn't include LeFevour and I would take him over any of that bunch due to his value where he likely to be picked (late 2nd or 3rd round).

PECKERWOOD
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM
McCoy strikes me as a Troy Smith/Chris Leak prospect, although he is probably more similar to Leak than he is Smith, but I see striking similarities in physical attributes, success and systems.

X-Era
04-07-2010, 04:49 PM
McCoy strikes me as a Troy Smith/Chris Leak prospect, although he is probably more similar to Leak than he is Smith, but I see striking similarities in physical attributes, success and systems.

I see a guy a lot like Brees. He may never play even close to that level, but hes got a lot of similarities.

PECKERWOOD
04-07-2010, 04:55 PM
I see a guy a lot like Brees. He may never play even close to that level, but hes got a lot of similarities.

That's why his draft projections are all over the place, some see Brees and others see Smith/Leak. Where Colt McCoy will be drafted to me is unpredictable, I don't ever remember seeing players with the projected range that he has. Some say a late 1st, some say he is a 4th round pick, it's all over the ballpark, I'm really curious to see where he ends up.

X-Era
04-07-2010, 05:02 PM
That's why his draft projections are all over the place, some see Brees and others see Smith/Leak. Where Colt McCoy will be drafted to me is unpredictable, I don't ever remember seeing players with the projected range that he has. Some say a late 1st, some say he is a 4th round pick, it's all over the ballpark, I'm really curious to see where he ends up.

I'm saying its late 1st, early 2nd. At worst, I don't think he falls out on the 2nd round. And I don't think a team would be reaching to take him at, say, 41.

DrGraves
04-07-2010, 05:41 PM
McCoy, Claussen, Bradford, Tebow anywhere in round 1 or 2 = I'm happy

Anyone else I'm not.

FlyingDutchman
04-07-2010, 05:49 PM

this is one of the weakest years for QBs that i can remember as far as quality of the top prospects, and many people will agree with that. I too want a franchise QB but this is not the year to take a risk on uncertain prospects. Now is the time to get an as sure thing as possible

Night Train
04-07-2010, 05:52 PM
this is one of the weakest years for QBs that i can remember as far as quality of the top prospects, and many people will agree with that. I too want a franchise QB but this is not the year to take a risk on uncertain prospects. Now is the time to get an as sure thing as possible

:bf1:

Oaf
04-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Take it up on a PM bro.

BillsMan80
04-07-2010, 05:58 PM
There are two QBs out of this class that will surely amount to anything and those two are obvious, Bradford and Clausen. Every other prospect is flawed, and out of this group that is the flawed group, there is only 1 I would really have confidence in having a chance to develop into a true franchise QB and that's Jarrett Brown who has all the tools, but he will need time. Other QBs in this class are just plain bad...McCoy? Pennington has a better arm than McCoy. Pike, another one with a weak arm and soft for his size. LeFevour, another who lacks true NFL arm strength. Snead can't hit the broad side of a barn with a beach ball. Crompton, Skelton, etc.? C'mon man, none of those guys are going to anything more than NFL backups. There are just so many bad QBs who lack NFL QB tools in this class save for Clausen, Bradford, and Brown, and next year's class have questions and concerns as well. If Clausen is there and the Bills pass on him, we will go through another year of piss-poor QB play, and set this franchise back by another year.

Nighthawk
04-07-2010, 06:15 PM
I don't put stuck in where a QB is from. It is the skill level and heart. Not every QB from Cali lacks that. I just think we saw the best of Jimmy in college. He won't improve. And that wasn't good enough for me to see a franchise QB.

How do you know he won't improve??? He's improved every single year in college. Your logic is very flawed.

BillsMan80
04-07-2010, 06:19 PM
The way I see it there are always talented Left Tackle prospects every year no matter what...not always the case at QB...this team would be making a dear mistake to be thinking they are going to wait to address QB until next year because you never know what can happen in between now and next year. If the supposed top guns have injuries, etc, or if they pull a Jevan Snead. Snead was being touted as a Top 5 pick going into last year and he stunk it up this year. He'll be lucky to go in the 3rd Round now after his season this year. Locker and Mallett are no such sure things...Locker or Mallett could struggle this year, get hurt, etc. It's a mistake to wait assuming that you'll solve your problems next year because you might not get the chance next year.

Nighthawk
04-07-2010, 06:27 PM
The way I see it there are always talented Left Tackle prospects every year no matter what...not always the case at QB...this team would be making a dear mistake to be thinking they are going to wait to address QB until next year because you never know what can happen in between now and next year. If the supposed top guns have injuries, etc, or if they pull a Jevan Snead. Snead was being touted as a Top 5 pick going into last year and he stunk it up this year. He'll be lucky to go in the 3rd Round now after his season this year. Locker and Mallett are no such sure things...Locker or Mallett could struggle this year, get hurt, etc. It's a mistake to wait assuming that you'll solve your problems next year because you might not get the chance next year.

For the record, this same discussion was had regarding a certain QB coming out of Cal a few years back and he turned out to be a very good QB in this league after he slipped all the way to late in the first round. His name was Aaron Rodgers and how many of those teams would love to have a re-do on passing on him in that draft???

The point is, nobody knows what will happen and if a player becomes a good NFL player or not.

BillsMan80
04-07-2010, 06:32 PM
For the record, this same discussion was had regarding a certain QB coming out of Cal a few years back and he turned out to be a very good QB in this league after he slipped all the way to late in the first round. His name was Aaron Rodgers and how many of those teams would love to have a re-do on passing on him in that draft???

The point is, nobody knows what will happen and if a player becomes a good NFL player or not.

Another thing I see is how people say if Clausen isn't good enough for Shanahan and Washington, or if Clausen falls to 9 there's a reason why he's falling, etc., etc., etc., well, the Packers certainly could have used that theory that something is wrong if Rodgers is falling to the late first round and passed on him because he fell so low...good thing they didn't do that.

BillsWin
04-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Couldn't care less. We, as fans, have no say in who the Bills draft. So say they do draft Clausen, does it really matter that you don't like him? Nope. At the end of the day he is a Buffalo Bill, whether we "approved" the pick or not.

Sad day.

If we pick Trent Williams, I would be pissed. I think he is going to be a lazy sack of **** once the checks start rolling in.

But do I have a say? Nope.

To DISCUSS the topic of QBs though, I like Clausen more than Tebow, Pike, LeFevour or any other QB in this draft, except for Bradford.

Clausen has a certain arrogance, but I think it is the right arrogance. He is confident in his abilities and thinks he can win. I like that. I also like the kid's arm. I think he can make the throws in this league and Buffalo weather.

Like T-Long said though, I'm not a big Clausen fan. I'm just a fan of the idea that with a new regime, comes "their guy". The fact that the Bills would even explore the possibility of taking a potential franchise guy so early lets me know that something has changed at OBD.

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2010, 07:33 PM

I used caps for you!
Good for you. Do you want me to print you out a medal?

THATHURMANATOR
04-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Yep :hi5:

SeatownBillsFan21
04-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Trent Williams will be a solid player Bills Win and if he were there @ 9 which he wont we should take him IMO

Ground Chuck
04-07-2010, 09:02 PM
If Buddy is COMPLETELY sold on Claussen, I'm ok. But there is nothing wrong in filling other holes this year when there are three super stud QB's next year.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-07-2010, 10:55 PM
Snead's arm by far is better than Mccoy and Clausen. Can he improve his other issues is the question. Guys an idiot for coming out a year early.

Nighthawk
04-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Snead's arm by far is better than Mccoy and Clausen. Can he improve his other issues is the question. Guys an idiot for coming out a year early.

So is Losman's, but that guy couldn't read defenses and was as dumb as a rock. Again, your logic about what makes a good QB is extremely flawed.

DraftBoy
04-08-2010, 12:12 PM

Liar you want to have his love child, just admit it!

Buddo
04-08-2010, 01:01 PM
I really don't like the perpetual Rodgers comparisons. The reason for that is simple - the guy had 3 years to learn behind a HOF QB, who in his career, has probably taken any number of 'miss steps' early on, and would be therefore well placed to advise how to go about things the right way, to Rodgers.
Anyone seriously think that a QB picked @ #9 by the Bills, will get that sort of opportunity to learn before succeeding?
Unless I'm also mistaken, Rodgers had another useful learning aid prior to becoming GB's QB, and that is continuity.

BuffaloBlitz83
04-08-2010, 02:19 PM
So is Losman's, but that guy couldn't read defenses and was as dumb as a rock. Again, your logic about what makes a good QB is extremely flawed.

Not every QB with Big Arm is JP Losman!

feldspar
04-08-2010, 03:32 PM
You don't just take a QB in the draft because you need one. If you take the wrong one, it sets your franchise back years, and I'm not sure who has the patience for that anymore. Just because Clausen is generally projected as the second-best project in this piss-poor class doesn't mean the Bills should take him if he falls to them.

At the same time, there are busts at every position picked in the top-ten all the time. Some picks are A LOT safer than others, though. IMO, Clausen is a high-risk pick at #9. We need guys that will come in and contribute at a high-level right away, and I don't think Clausen will do that.

We need to build the lines and get some depth there VERY badly. That is the most important thing we need to do right now IMO.

I wouldn't like it if we drafted Clausen at 9, but, if we do, I'll root for him and hope I'm wrong. But I'd have a bad feeling. Fact is that we'll have to settle for something less than ideal at QB again this year...even if we DO pick Clausen. I'd rather pick up a Jason Campbell or Mark Bulger (maybe Hasselbeck if the Seahawks pick Clausen) to duke it out in camp with the guys we already have, build up the rest of the team, and get a franchise QB next year. It's a process.

I'd take somebody like Bradford, but that ain't gonna happen.

I guess you can say that I'm anti-Clausen, too.

Nighthawk
04-08-2010, 08:42 PM
Not every QB with Big Arm is JP Losman!

Nor are they the next coming of an All-Pro QB...hey, Rob Johnson had a big arm also...so does Rex Grossman. What do they all have in common? They all can't/couldn't read defenses worth a damn. There is more to a good QB then a big arm.