• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

HEY THURM, I'M ANTI CLAUSEN

MCCOY, PIKE, Snead, OR POSSIBLY, POSSIBLY TEBOW. I think they have more upside.

I THINK CLAUSEN HAS HIGH BUST POTENTIAL. HE HAS PLAYED IN A PRO STYLE OFFENSE SO HE HAS LESS UPSIDE TO IMPROVE. WITH A PRO COACH, SO I THINK WE'VE SEEN THE BEST OF JIMMY.

I WASNT TOO IMPRESSED WITH HIM IN BIG SPOTS AND THE WAY HIS BALL FLOATS.

I used caps for you!
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

Re: HEY THURM, I'M ANTI CLAUSEN

I think Thurm and I are in total agreement on this....it's not like we are diehard Clausen fans in general. We are diehard about the Bills taking a chance on a possible franchise QB if he is there at 9. If you are content with the QB's on the roster right now, then so be it. But I would not fault the Bills for taking a chance on Clausen at pick 9. I don't think they will have a chance to get McCoy or Tebow in Round 2. And the rest of the guys? (LeFevour, Pike, Skelton) no thanks.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by T-Long
      I think Thurm and I are in total agreement on this....it's not like we are diehard Clausen fans in general. We are diehard about the Bills taking a chance on a possible franchise QB if he is there at 9. If you are content with the QB's on the roster right now, then so be it. But I would not fault the Bills for taking a chance on Clausen at pick 9. I don't think they will have a chance to get McCoy or Tebow in Round 2. And the rest of the guys? (LeFevour, Pike, Skelton) no thanks.
      Luck and Locker have more upside in my eyes. I rather not make a mistake and take franchise back 5 years. You gotta make sure you pick right QB to put your faith in. You don't just roll dice. I rather fix all our other areas such as OT, NT, OLB. And make QB choice when it's more a no brainer. This isn't one year fix. We gotta find the right guy which we've been missing for over a decade. Jimmy Clausen scares me!

Comment

• T-Long
        Circling the Wagons since 1982.
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
        Luck and Locker have more upside in my eyes. I rather not make a mistake and take franchise back 5 years. You gotta make sure you pick right QB to put your faith in. You don't just roll dice. I rather fix all our other areas such as OT, NT, OLB. And make QB choice when it's more a no brainer. This isn't one year fix. We gotta find the right guy which we've been missing for over a decade. Jimmy Clausen scares me!
        Rolling the dice may have been the wrong words. I feel like Clausen will indeed be a good if not great QB in this league. I think his style of play fits Buffalo. Granted, he is another California QB, but he played his entire collegiate career in the East.

I don't truly think the Bills will take him, especially with Buddy's comments awhile back about California QB's in Buffalo.

Sleeper pick, in my opinion, is C.J. Spiller if he is there and the Top 3 tackles (possibly Davis) are gone.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
          We play to win the game!
          • Oct 2009

I don't put stuck in where a QB is from. It is the skill level and heart. Not every QB from Cali lacks that. I just think we saw the best of Jimmy in college. He won't improve. And that wasn't good enough for me to see a franchise QB.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

"HEY THURM, I'M ANTI CLAUSEN"

You hate pickles that much?

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
              MCCOY, PIKE, Snead, OR POSSIBLY, POSSIBLY TEBOW. I think they have more upside.

I THINK CLAUSEN HAS HIGH BUST POTENTIAL. HE HAS PLAYED IN A PRO STYLE OFFENSE SO HE HAS LESS UPSIDE TO IMPROVE. WITH A PRO COACH, SO I THINK WE'VE SEEN THE BEST OF JIMMY.

I WASNT TOO IMPRESSED WITH HIM IN BIG SPOTS AND THE WAY HIS BALL FLOATS.

I used caps for you!
              McCoy would be my pick. I think he will overachieve in the NFL.

But your list didn't include LeFevour and I would take him over any of that bunch due to his value where he likely to be picked (late 2nd or 3rd round).

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

McCoy strikes me as a Troy Smith/Chris Leak prospect, although he is probably more similar to Leak than he is Smith, but I see striking similarities in physical attributes, success and systems.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                  McCoy strikes me as a Troy Smith/Chris Leak prospect, although he is probably more similar to Leak than he is Smith, but I see striking similarities in physical attributes, success and systems.
                  I see a guy a lot like Brees. He may never play even close to that level, but hes got a lot of similarities.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by X-Era
                    I see a guy a lot like Brees. He may never play even close to that level, but hes got a lot of similarities.
                    That's why his draft projections are all over the place, some see Brees and others see Smith/Leak. Where Colt McCoy will be drafted to me is unpredictable, I don't ever remember seeing players with the projected range that he has. Some say a late 1st, some say he is a 4th round pick, it's all over the ballpark, I'm really curious to see where he ends up.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                      That's why his draft projections are all over the place, some see Brees and others see Smith/Leak. Where Colt McCoy will be drafted to me is unpredictable, I don't ever remember seeing players with the projected range that he has. Some say a late 1st, some say he is a 4th round pick, it's all over the ballpark, I'm really curious to see where he ends up.
                      I'm saying its late 1st, early 2nd. At worst, I don't think he falls out on the 2nd round. And I don't think a team would be reaching to take him at, say, 41.

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

McCoy, Claussen, Bradford, Tebow anywhere in round 1 or 2 = I'm happy

Anyone else I'm not.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by T-Long
                          this is one of the weakest years for QBs that i can remember as far as quality of the top prospects, and many people will agree with that. I too want a franchise QB but this is not the year to take a risk on uncertain prospects. Now is the time to get an as sure thing as possible

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by FlyingDutchman
                            this is one of the weakest years for QBs that i can remember as far as quality of the top prospects, and many people will agree with that. I too want a franchise QB but this is not the year to take a risk on uncertain prospects. Now is the time to get an as sure thing as possible
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Oaf
                              Do you read what you write?
                              • Jun 2007

Take it up on a PM bro.

Comment

Working...
                              X