PDA

View Full Version : NHL All-Star game 2011

rbochan
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Hurricanes to host next season (http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=5064445)

"NHL commissioner Gary Bettman will be in Raleigh, N.C., on Thursday to announce the 2010-11 NHL All-Star Game is being awarded to the Carolina Hurricanes, a source told ESPN.com..."

The Ricky Bobby Center? Really?

All fifteen hockey fans in Carolina will show up. Of course they'll all be wearing Blue & Gold.

BlackMetalNinja
04-07-2010, 04:57 PM
Hey, I'm one of those 15! I'm hoping this doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but I'm excited for it.

SkateZilla
04-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Not to Be Used without Permission of Ricky Bobby Inc.

BleedinGreenNC
04-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Hey, I'm one of those 15! I'm hoping this doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but I'm excited for it.

COngrats on the Duke win, keeping the title in the ACC, im stoked for the All Star game!!!

BlackMetalNinja
04-09-2010, 07:20 AM
COngrats on the Duke win, keeping the title in the ACC, im stoked for the All Star game!!!Me too, but season ticket holders get first shot, and I'm sure it'll be a "social event" for most, so they'll buy them and go. I'm hoping I can get tickets at a decent price though, tough to pass up seeing so much talent in one place.

BleedinGreenNC
04-09-2010, 09:50 AM
Me too, but season ticket holders get first shot, and I'm sure it'll be a "social event" for most, so they'll buy them and go. I'm hoping I can get tickets at a decent price though, tough to pass up seeing so much talent in one place.

THis place is going to be nuts!

BlackMetalNinja
04-09-2010, 11:45 AM
THis place is going to be nuts!Hey once a season's not bad right?

JD
04-09-2010, 01:00 PM
Lol, they have season ticket holders?

Dude
04-09-2010, 01:07 PM
Seriously. Even after they get first crack there should still be what - 15 or 16,000 tickets left?

Amiright?

rbochan
04-09-2010, 01:21 PM
Seriously. Even after they get first crack there should still be what - 15 or 16,000 tickets left?

Amiright?
At 23rd in attendance, you're not far off.

G Wolly
04-09-2010, 01:36 PM
It should be back in Buffalo soon enough.

BlackMetalNinja
04-09-2010, 03:40 PM

Amiright?
Well then they count 26 game pack holders, and then the 14 game pack holders get next shot at either the Saturday night stuff or the game on Sunday. Then on top of that, NHL sponsors and Hurricanes sponsors get a ton of tickers as well. They are currently forecasting that individual tickets will not be available for either day. Though I'm sure that is at least in part a ploy to sell more season tickets. I'll just wait and try craigslist/stubhub, etc.

JD
04-09-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm sure you'll be able to show up 10 minutes before the puck drops to land a 100 level ticket, like it's an eastern conference finals game or something.

BleedinGreenNC
04-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Lol, they have season ticket holders?

Yeah, and whats even funnier? We have a Cup!

G Wolly
04-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Yeah, and whats even funnier? We have a Cup!

Actually that IS quite funny. Since Carolina isn't exactly hockey central.

BleedinGreenNC
04-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Actually that IS quite funny. Since Carolina isn't exactly hockey central.

It doesnt need to be, but i am rooting for you guys against Boston!! Good luck in the 1st round!

BlackMetalNinja
04-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Yeah, and whats even funnier? We have a Cup!At least you'll always have that to hang your hat on as a defense when questioned about why attendance is one of the lowest in the league, or why I could have bought 10 tickets together last year on the day of an Eastern Conference Finals game... I'm just glad they're done for this year, that means all the pretenders around here can go back to forgetting hockey even exists for the next 6 months.

Don't Panic
04-12-2010, 10:10 AM
At least you'll always have that to hang your hat on as a defense when questioned about why attendance is one of the lowest in the league, or why I could have bought 10 tickets together last year on the day of an Eastern Conference Finals game... I'm just glad they're done for this year, that means all the pretenders around here can go back to forgetting hockey even exists for the next 6 months.

Now let's not be spiteful... the lack of attention to the hockey team has saved you and I a lot of money down here, BMN. And it'll make getting an All-Star game ticket a possibility this winter.

BleedinGreenNC
04-19-2010, 06:29 PM
At least you'll always have that to hang your hat on as a defense when questioned about why attendance is one of the lowest in the league, or why I could have bought 10 tickets together last year on the day of an Eastern Conference Finals game... I'm just glad they're done for this year, that means all the pretenders around here can go back to forgetting hockey even exists for the next 6 months.

I dont care about the pretender fans, i support the team no matter what! See you at the all star game!

BlackMetalNinja
04-20-2010, 07:36 AM
I dont care about the pretender fans, i support the team no matter what! See you at the all star game!I know dude, but I like to give all Hurricanes fans **** equally!