PDA

View Full Version : I like the trade down move more and more

X-Era
04-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Consider this:

The top 4 OT's (Davis, Williams, Bulaga, Okung) are gone. I hnoestly think at least one will be there.

Derrick Morgan is gone. I think the Bills will think long and hard about him at 9, hes worth the pick, a GT guy, and a very good prospect as a 3-4 DE or even 3-4 OLB.

If you trade down, you may get one of the following in the teens:

Dan Williams
Bruce Campbell
Jimmy Clausen, reports are he could drop to 14, 17 or even the 20's if he gets by us at 9.
Tim Tebow, I really think he goes between picks 22 and 41.
Dez Bryant

Then you might land an extra 2nd or 3rd.

tampabay25690
04-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Consider this:

The top 4 OT's (Davis, Williams, Bulaga, Okung) are gone. I hnoestly think at least one will be there.

Derrick Morgan is gone. I think the Bills will think long and hard about him at 9, hes worth the pick, a GT guy, and a very good prospect as a 3-4 DE or even 3-4 OLB.

If you trade down, you may get one of the following in the teens:

Dan Williams
Bruce Campbell
Jimmy Clausen, reports are he could drop to 14, 17 or even the 20's if he gets by us at 9.
Tim Tebow, I really think he goes between picks 22 and 41.
Dez Bryant

Then you might land an extra 2nd or 3rd.

I agree 100% with you I owuld luv to pick up an extra pick or 2 and move down...
You are right Tebow will be gone between 22-41.

SquishDaFish
04-07-2010, 05:13 PM
I agree

JCBills
04-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Been saying we need to move back for months, regardless of who's on the board at 9.

B-DON
04-07-2010, 06:06 PM
People on this board act like moving down is such an easy move to make. im sure if we were able to move down to a reasonable pick and stockpile more picks we would do it. the hard part is finding a suitor that is in love with a certain player and is willing to give us what we want in return.

ddaryl
04-07-2010, 06:30 PM
it's definitely and option to consider. I'm sure there will be some dance partners. The Bills might not see value but there are a few teams with extra picks who have different needs then the Bills.... Philly being one of those teams.

but it all predicates on who is selected 1-8...

mrbojanglezs
04-07-2010, 06:33 PM
what do you think the bills are just gonna hand a trade down card to the commis...... its more complicated than that. Who are they gonna trade up, and who is so good that a team is trading up to pick, and if they are that good that a team is trading up to get him, why aren't we taking him. ask yourself those questions before you post this

YardRat
04-07-2010, 06:49 PM
If the top 3 OT's and 2 NT's are gone in the first 8 picks, I'm all for moving down.

As others have stated, it depends how the picks in front of us play out, but I don't think it's a reach to think somebody may be willing to move into that spot if Clausen, Berry, Haden or Bryant are still on the board.

Novacane
04-07-2010, 07:01 PM
I bet the Bills would also like to move down. Have to find a partner though.

Novacane
04-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I just have this feeling the Bills want to move back to the early 20's and take Tebow. Nothing to base in on other than a gut feeling.

Night Train
04-07-2010, 07:33 PM
I wish to keep trading down and have 19 6th round picks.

No one is worthy of our selection.

Don't Panic
04-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Bulaga, Okung and maybe Trent Williams are worth staying put. Otherwise, I'm all about trading down. The million dollar question to me has become what does OBD think of Clausen. I'd love to have a legit answer to that question. If they don't like him, and the top 2 OTs are gone, then we should be looking for a trade partner.

Dr. Lecter
04-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Take McClain if those guys are gone

Raptor
04-07-2010, 08:30 PM
I think its going to be hard to move down because in what most consider a very deep draft teams are not going to be looking to give up picks

JCBills
04-07-2010, 09:19 PM
People on this board act like moving down is such an easy move to make. im sure if we were able to move down to a reasonable pick and stockpile more picks we would do it. the hard part is finding a suitor that is in love with a certain player and is willing to give us what we want in return.

I know it isn't an easy move, but depending on how the first 8 picks go, and what a team thinks of a player, the #9 spot could be very appealing for quite a few teams. Moving up into the top 5 isn't that likely anymore with the contracts those picks get, and with this probably being the last year without any rookie cap on contracts, the #9 pick could seem reasonable for a team that's missing very few pieces and thinks they could grab an impact player at that spot. All I'm saying is if possible, do it.

SeatownBillsFan21
04-07-2010, 09:23 PM
Considering this is the the deepest draft in years to trade down still get your guy and get extra picks would be a no brainier

SABURZFAN
04-07-2010, 09:44 PM
I just have this feeling the Bills want to move back to the early 20's and take Tebow. Nothing to base in on other than a gut feeling.

this would set the team back even further than they are now.

TigerJ
04-07-2010, 09:56 PM
If the top four tackles are gone, a trade down is absolutely the best strategy to pursue. However, the opportunity for a trade down does not always happen.

SirMcGee
04-07-2010, 10:06 PM

That would be as bad as trading up for Losman and McCargo. Hopefully history won't repeat itself.

jamze132
04-08-2010, 07:13 AM
If someone wants to trade with us at #9, they are probably after Clausen. They may fear we might take him so they may offer us a package of picks that we can't pass up. I think if we are smart, we would make it known that we want Clausen at #9, even if we really don't.

psubills62
04-08-2010, 08:39 AM
I think someone that nobody is really talking about, especially if we trade down, is Terrence Cody.

There was an article done by Tim Graham before that indicated our defense will be modeled after Alabama's. What better way to start the transition than drafting the cornerstone of 'Bama's defense?

I'm sure some people still consider him a 2nd round prospect, but considering 1) he's controlled his weight quite well since the Senior Bowl, 2) he's got a ton of experience in the 3-4, and 3) he would significantly help our run D. Cody should definitely be gone by the late 1st, and of all the prospects, I might consider him the dark horse surprise pick at 9 (if all the top OT's are gone).

In my opinion, Dan Williams will be gone if we trade down. There are multiple teams after us who need an NT.

THATHURMANATOR
04-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Who is looking to move up to our spot and why?

Bill Cody
04-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Anthony Davis is Mike Williams II. Another fat, unmotivated load that will bust. If Bulaga and Williams are gone I'd look to move down. If you can't, draft McClain.

Bill Cody
04-08-2010, 09:41 AM
In my opinion, Dan Williams will be gone if we trade down. There are multiple teams after us who need an NT.

Dan Williams will not go top 20 IMO.

justasportsfan
04-08-2010, 09:42 AM
the opriginal post didn't say it was easy. He just said that would be an ideal move.

SirMcGee
04-08-2010, 10:33 AM

Yes he will. Easily. His stock is going up especially with a need at that posiition since more and more teams are converting to a 34. It wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't be too pissed if we took him at 9.

X-Era
04-08-2010, 08:08 PM

Thoughts:

Philly could be since they now have so much ammo. They may want a player there... no clue who.

Cowboys for Dez Bryant

Giants for McClain

Seahawks (from 14) for Clausen?

X-Era
04-08-2010, 08:09 PM
I will be surprised.

I think hes in serious play at 9.

JCBills
04-09-2010, 12:01 PM

Giants - Could look to take McClain if they think he's worth it, jumping ahead of a few other teams in need of LB help.

Titans - Could think D. Morgan or another pass rusher is worth that pick, looking to jump people to secure them.

Steelers - In need of OT help, yeah we obviously are too, but they could like someone we don't there. Also, Ryan Clark is 30, and they could see Earl Thomas as worth it?

Falcons - They have a 1st and two 3rds. Could look to draft Abraham's replacement, or Joe Haden if he's there.

Bengals - Dez Bryant

Don't Panic
04-09-2010, 07:19 PM
I think someone that nobody is really talking about, especially if we trade down, is Terrence Cody.

Weight... his fluctuating weight. That's the only thing that would keep me from taking him top 20.