PDA

View Full Version : Vikes closer to new stadium

Coach Sal
04-08-2010, 08:54 AM
With LAs arms open and waiting, if this goes through, Minny will be scratched off the short list of potential movers.

A deal to build a new Vikings stadium seems to be gathering momentum at the State Capitol, with a top DFL senator saying Wednesday that "most of the pieces" of a legislative proposal were "pretty much drafted."

more.................
http://www.startribune.com/politics/state/90170442.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUo8cyaiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU7DYaGEP7vDEh7P:DiUs

WeAreArthurMoates
04-08-2010, 09:33 AM
That team has been and always will be Jacksonville.

ZAZusmc03
04-08-2010, 09:38 AM
That team has been and always will be Jacksonville.

Couldn't agree more.

Being down here in Jag country, its pitiful to see all the attempts and deals they have to put out there for the "fans" that STILL don't come to games. They have done everything they can to bring in fans, except for drafting Tebow because obviously the draft hasn't started yet. And even though I don't really think it will happen, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they do. They are in serious need of ticket sales.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-08-2010, 09:55 AM
the bills avg top ten in attendance, the jags will leave, not the bills...

THATHURMANATOR
04-08-2010, 10:12 AM
the bills avg top ten in attendance, the jags will leave, not the bills...
It isn't that simple but I hope you are right. Don't the Jax have a pretty tight lease with the city of Jax?

EricStratton
04-08-2010, 10:25 AM
It sounds like Western New York simply needs dumber taxpayers and more corrupt politicians to get a deal done.

Michael82
04-08-2010, 01:39 PM
It sounds like Western New York simply needs dumber taxpayers and more corrupt politicians to get a deal done.

Which is a surprise...because they always used to have the dumbest taxpayers around and the most corrupt politicians too. :shocked:

FlyingDutchman
04-08-2010, 01:40 PM
exactly, just ship Jax and be over with this talk

better days
04-08-2010, 04:58 PM
With LAs arms open and waiting, if this goes through, Minny will be scratched off the short list of potential movers.

Minny better get moving on that new stadium. The lease for the old one expires at the end of 2011............even if there is no football in 2011.

Mudflap1
04-08-2010, 05:02 PM
It isn't that simple but I hope you are right. Don't the Jax have a pretty tight lease with the city of Jax?

Exactly right, it's a long term lease, and if you were the landlord, would you let an NFL team out of that lease? It's steady income, and who the heck else is going to fill that stadium if the Jaguars leave? There are only so many tractor pulls and monster truck rallies you can have...

DrGraves
04-08-2010, 08:39 PM
ugh why can't we get a new stadium.... i love being in the ralph on sundays as much as the next guy but its about time go get with the times.

Zero
04-09-2010, 10:43 AM
IMO the only way the Bills move from Buffalo before Jax moves would be if/when Ralph Wilson dies. Everyday it looks increasingly likely the Jacksonville just isnt a viable venue for an NFL franchise. As stated on these boards numerous times, the Jags have horrible attendance despite having fielded competive teams during the last several years. If LA needed a team today, the Jags would be gone no question. The biggest threat to the Buffalo Bills staying in the area ( and IMO the ONLY threat) is the imminent sale of the team to the highest bidder. IF there was succession plan in place with an investment group willing to keep the team in WNY or if Ralph's heirs were willing to take ownership, then I dont think Bills fans would have much to worry about.