View Full Version : My Interview with Maryland DT Travis Ivey

DraftBoy
04-09-2010, 12:00 AM
http://draftnasty.com/index.php?cID=1624

Enjoy!

TedMock
04-09-2010, 07:29 AM
Good stuff, thanks.

I try not to rank Maryland players too much because I am such a huge fan that I tend to overrate and underrate them more than any other players.

Having said that - I really like this kid. I have season tickets and see quite a bit of him. Just curious - what are your thoughts on Ivey?

DraftBoy
04-09-2010, 07:48 AM
Good stuff, thanks.

I try not to rank Maryland players too much because I am such a huge fan that I tend to overrate and underrate them more than any other players.

Having said that - I really like this kid. I have season tickets and see quite a bit of him. Just curious - what are your thoughts on Ivey?

I love his strength and I really love his exp. He's one of the few NT prospects who has lots of experience playing in a 3-4. He does well in a Zero NT role, and that's the way Id like to see up play.

He should be able to easily take up space on the next level. Id like to see him improve his work ethic a little bit and I really wanted to see him become a dominant leader on Maryland's line which didnt happen.

All in all though he is still learning the game, this will only be his 7th year playing football, so that's something to keep in mind.

In Round 6 or 7, Id be interested in grabbing him.

Im shocked he can still dunk at 335 though.

TedMock
04-09-2010, 07:57 AM
I was surprised by the dunk comment too, but these guys are just freak athletes – even the 7th rounders. I went to a D1AA-D3 combine last weekend at Catholic and even some of these kids were impressive. They are primarily trying to get into an indoor professional league to get exposure and hope to make some real money in Canada some day. NFL is the dream situation, but the odds are just not there for most. Every few years we get a Kurt Warner or Fred Jackson, so the hope is alive for them.

The kid out of New Hampshire put on a show (RB – Hackert?). 4.36 40, 24 bench, 35 vertical, and 6.28 on the 3-cone (I actually timed him at 6.66 and 6.28). The problem is when I got up close I realized he’s only about 5’8”. He said he weighed 200 even, but he actually looked a lot thicker than that. Lamar Woodley from the Steelers was there and loved the kid. Woodley brought three kids from his high school who played small ball in Michigan. Nice guy.

The Spaz
04-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Yeah definitely a space eater. I think anywhere from 5-7 round.

WeAreArthurMoates
04-13-2010, 12:21 PM
I like Ivey a lot to and if we dont go NT early he'd be great. I also love Udofia who seems a little higher on the board.