PDA

View Full Version : Adam Schefter names Marshawn Lynch as "most likely to be traded"

Ickybaluky
04-09-2010, 08:40 AM
It appears to just be his opinion, but Tim Graham quotes him (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12370/is-a-marshawn-lynch-trade-looming):

On the latest edition of "Cold Hard Facts," anchor Jay Harris asks NFL insider Adam Schefter to name three players who could be traded soon.

"No. 1, the Buffalo Bills running back, Marshawn Lynch," Schefter replies. "They have a new coach, a new GM and any time there are new people in charge, they bring in their own players. Marshawn Lynch could be traded on or before the draft."

A recent Buffalo News story claims Lynch wants out of Buffalo. A recent Olean Times Herald column says the Bills would like to move him. But Lynch has no leverage, and the Bills probably couldn't get enough in return for him to make it worth their while from a personnel standpoint.

Night Train
04-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Schefter was on ESPN radio saying that this morning.

Nix & Gailey can't really be worried about value, since they didn't pick him. Their plan is starting off with a focused locker room, which is why Incognito was not retained.

Coming out and saying they'd like a scatback type in the draft only enforced the notion that Lynch may be on the way out.

It is what it is.

trapezeus
04-09-2010, 08:54 AM
i'm so confused on this. If the bills had 3 backs including lynch before the draft, i'd be all for starting fresh. But we only have 2, and even if we draft 1 this year, we're still short if they take a 3rd down type back. Which means we need to get anothe RB, aside from mendenhall who might just be camp fodder like Bruce hall.

But on the other hand, if lynch's attitude has totally deteriorated that they know he won't be useful at all, then they have to move him. but it sucks with an OL in awful shape, no real WR, no QB, no NT, a bunhc of converted LBs, this team doesn't need RB needs.

patmoran2006
04-09-2010, 09:22 AM
I'd bet they're hoping to land a player for him instead of a draft pick.. Or maybe packaging him with a later pick for an earlier pick.

Either way I buy it. I strongly agree with him, and dont think Lynch is wanted in that locker room.

I think he's a goner by draft weekend.

don137
04-09-2010, 09:28 AM
I think his offseason troubles from last season was the beginning of the end of Marshawn in Buffalo. I think he let down his teammates and Lynch new it. The drastic dropoff in his play last year is indicative of someone that did not have much passion to be on the field. Talent is there with Marshawn but he will never show it while donning a Bills uniform and the Bills brass know it. As a result it is understandable why he needs to go.

Mr. Pink
04-09-2010, 09:30 AM
Wow. way to go out on a huge limb Schefter!

LVGrown
04-09-2010, 09:36 AM
ugh ... one more wasted jersey! Henry, McGahee and now Lynch ...

Beebe's Kid
04-09-2010, 09:40 AM

If the past is any indication, you should go with one of the kickers...that's the only way to be safe!!

buffalobillsfan95
04-09-2010, 09:41 AM
at least you didn't get a trent edwards jersey :lmao:

casdhf
04-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Or TO :ill:

The King
04-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Not crazy about this since his value is probably at an all time low... but I get it.

The King
04-09-2010, 09:57 AM
ugh ... one more wasted jersey! Henry, McGahee and now Lynch ...You have about 6 fellonies and 11 children between those three jerseys.

tat2dmike77
04-09-2010, 10:14 AM
I won't miss this moron

Thurmal
04-09-2010, 10:20 AM
You have about 6 fellonies and 11 children between those three jerseys.

Haha, McGahee and Henry actually have 16 kids between them.

Henry has 11 with 10 different mothers. He would've been 100%, but one of the chicks had twins. Seriously.

LVGrown
04-09-2010, 10:25 AM
You have about 6 fellonies and 11 children between those three jerseys.

lol ... I was actually torn between Lynch and McGee.

trapezeus
04-09-2010, 10:33 AM
I thankfully got my lynch throwback practice jersey for $35 at the NF factory outlet.

I'm done with jersey's until the team breaks .500 for a full season.

justasportsfan
04-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm done with jersey's until the team breaks .500 for a full season.
start saving up for this season :up:

TacklingDummy
04-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Should have listened to ~Dummy last year and traded this bum.

baalworship
04-09-2010, 11:10 AM
I hate this idea. Why get rid of a player that made the Pro-Bowl whose value is at an all time low? If we kept him we could get better value later in the year after someone else gets injured.

The King
04-09-2010, 11:10 AM
Im thinking a third and a conditional?

HAMMER
04-09-2010, 11:20 AM
Why you people buy the jerseys of players is beyond me. Why does it matter that you have a particular players name and number on your back? Why don't you just get a Bills jersey and put your own name on it. People will still acknowledge your fandom. You will most likely never get cut or traded.

tat2dmike77
04-09-2010, 11:22 AM
I hate this idea. Why get rid of a player that made the Pro-Bowl whose value is at an all time low? If we kept him we could get better value later in the year after someone else gets injured.

One pro bowl big deal. He has been nothing but a headache and the whole Beast Mode thing is hype he made up himself. If he truely had a beast mode he would of had more rushing yards then he did. He would have more TD's than what he has. He would not be running over people in cross walks or driving around with guns and weed in a car and he would not be stealing cash from people.

He is nothing more than a product of his own hype. He's not even a leader he's just there. Where is he for the workouts they had? New staff means a new offense yet this moron doesn't show up for these workouts.

Lynch puts the ass in classless!

tat2dmike77
04-09-2010, 11:23 AM
Why you people buy the jerseys of players is beyond me. Why does it matter that you have a particular players name and number on your back? Why don't you just get a Bills jersey and put your own name on it. People will still acknowledge your fandom. You will most likely never get cut or traded.

Or get Bills legendary names. I have Jack Kemp jersey.

justasportsfan
04-09-2010, 11:24 AM
I have Rob Johnsons and it's still authentically green

trapezeus
04-09-2010, 11:25 AM
trading him really is about how little they think they'll get out of him.

if they think he's like JP and will play even if disgruntled, you can't trade him this year. You have to hope he has a break out year and the price goes up for him. you have to use him a little and see what you get since htere are other holes on the team.

But if he is a slacker who will sulk and steal everyone's 20 in the lockerroom if he stays, getting punting balls for him will be worth it for the sanity you preserve.

I have no reason to trust the new front office and/or coaches, but i'm drinking the koolaid and believe that they know a lot more than jauron and will make the right decisions. i give them this pass until i see awful gameday mismanagement during games in the season.

TacklingDummy
04-09-2010, 11:34 AM

6 with your name on it
9 with gf/wife name on it

trapezeus
04-09-2010, 11:51 AM
so who are the suitors/interested parties that would want lynch anyways?

Buddo
04-09-2010, 11:54 AM
Im thinking a third and a conditional?

I'm thinking if they could get that, they would be absolutely elated, and Lynch would have had his bags packed long since.
If they could get a 4th for him, I'd say they would do it.
I'm not sure anyone will offer anything better than that, and with Lynch's history, I'm not sure anyone will offer anything at all.

ChristopherWalken
04-09-2010, 12:20 PM
If Lynch would stop dancing and hit the hole, like he's told to, he would be an NFL elite back. He spends entirly too much time deciding on where to go and shaking off tacklers, rather than just hammering his way through the hole and down the field.

Listen Lynch, shake 'em when you hit 2nd tier...but when you're given an assignment to take the play through the 4 slot, the window of opportunity is minimal. Just do it!

jamze132
04-09-2010, 12:24 PM
Lynch / Whitner to Washington for Campbell and a 4th.

trapezeus
04-09-2010, 01:08 PM
ugh, campbell and a fourth? vomit.

can you imagine being in the front office of the bills

you: hey, any interest in Marshawn. He's really great aside from his 2 strikes, lack of desire to be the elite back that he should be, loves to wait for multiple tacklers so he can showcase his Least Mode...i'msorry i mean Beast Mode, and he apparently steals 20's from all the players. Is there something you'd like to trade for this pick?

28 teams hang up at this point.

one caller says, "yeah, we are interested. we have this convict on our team that we'd like to move. since you guys have holes everywhre, let's just trade trash for trash and move a couple 6th and 7th's around.

Buffalogic
04-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Just say no to campbell unless its for one of our crappy players like Whitner.

NO Draft picks to get campbell..

As for Lynch I'm fine either way if he stay of if he's traded.

ddaryl
04-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Trade him for picks in 2011 so we can stockpile them and make our move for Jake Locker

PECKERWOOD
04-09-2010, 03:30 PM
Adamn Schefter's opinion is GOLD, I love that dude and I hope he is right. Don't be picky, take a 3rd and a late round pick for Lynch if you have to, but preferably a 2nd round choice, even if we have to package in a 5th and a 7th.

baalworship
04-09-2010, 04:52 PM
One pro bowl big deal. He has been nothing but a headache and the whole Beast Mode thing is hype he made up himself. If he truely had a beast mode he would of had more rushing yards then he did. He would have more TD's than what he has. He would not be running over people in cross walks or driving around with guns and weed in a car and he would not be stealing cash from people.

He is nothing more than a product of his own hype. He's not even a leader he's just there. Where is he for the workouts they had? New staff means a new offense yet this moron doesn't show up for these workouts.

Lynch puts the ass in classless!

Sure because this team is loaded with players that have made the Pro Bowl or could make the Pro Bowl.

:mehmeh:

tat2dmike77
04-09-2010, 05:12 PM
Sure because this team is loaded with players that have made the Pro Bowl or could make the Pro Bowl.

:mehmeh:

Dude the Pro Bowl means nothing it's a freaking popularity contest now.

So again give me a solid reason why the Bills should keep Lynch

trapezeus
04-09-2010, 05:23 PM
lynch also got into the probowl as an alternate. not a bonafide vote either.

ublinkwescore
04-09-2010, 05:52 PM

Don't worry, Im in the same boat, I got a lynch jersey, and an autographed pic of him...

The pic will stay in my living room though because it's the only thing I've got that was autographed by a bills player.

ublinkwescore
04-09-2010, 05:54 PM
start saving up for this season :up:

Oh how I wish you were serious with this post

ublinkwescore
04-09-2010, 05:56 PM

It's just not the same as knowin that you may one day have a HOF players name on your back in Bills Blue or White.

X-Era
04-09-2010, 06:49 PM
I'd bet they're hoping to land a player for him instead of a draft pick.. Or maybe packaging him with a later pick for an earlier pick.

Either way I buy it. I strongly agree with him, and dont think Lynch is wanted in that locker room.

I think he's a goner by draft weekend.
Id move him to:

Denver for Marshall for Lynch and a 4th or 5th
Philly for Vick straight up

Tatonka
04-09-2010, 08:42 PM

that is exactly why i sold all 5 of my other jerseys last season. I have 1 left.. it was a home authentic with no name..i had mine put on. although i have thought about releasing myself from the bills many times.

Tatonka
04-09-2010, 08:43 PM
i am fine with lynch going. i would definately be happy with Spiller as the top pick.

clumping platelets
04-10-2010, 04:40 AM
Goodbye............I'd trade #41 and Lynch to SD for #28 :ontome:

YardRat
04-10-2010, 05:22 AM
Goodbye............I'd trade #41 and Lynch to SD for #28 :ontome:

I would too, but there's no way in hell I see San Diego wanting to.

clumping platelets
04-10-2010, 05:26 AM
Why not? All they have right now is Sproles

YardRat
04-10-2010, 05:30 AM
Why not? All they have right now is Sproles

If you were Buffalo, would you move down 13 spots for a guy who's one miss-step away from sitting for an entire season ?

SABURZFAN
04-10-2010, 05:44 AM
If you were Buffalo, would you move down 13 spots for a guy who's one miss-step away from sitting for an entire season ?

you mean San Diego?

YardRat
04-10-2010, 05:48 AM
you mean San Diego?

I might have worded that poorly....Reverse the team positions...Would you want Buffalo to move down 13 spots for a guy who's one miss-step away from sitting for an entire season ?

Historian
04-10-2010, 06:53 AM
I don't think Lynch has any value at this point.

Maybe a California team gives you some conditional low round pick next year...maybe.

They're going to end up giving him his release.

jamze132
04-10-2010, 07:08 AM
I still want Lynch to clean up his act and play for us. The guy can play when he isn't trying to live thug life.

HAMMER
04-10-2010, 10:29 AM
It's just not the same as knowin that you may one day have a HOF players name on your back in Bills Blue or White.

LMAO at this post.

Tatonka
04-10-2010, 12:14 PM
i would be fine grabbing toby gerhart in the 2nd or 3rd as well. he is my favorite player in the draft.